2019-2020 East Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any mid november interviewers hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current M2! Reach out if you have any questions!

Reactions: 3 users
As of January 1, 2020 we have:

• Received 1025 AMCAS applications (final)
  • Received 927 Supplementary applications (final)
  • Interviewed 343 applicants
  • Made 53 offers
    (Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class)

Reactions: 2 users
This is kinda ridiculous. Interviewed here 2 years ago. Rejected bc my MCAT wasn’t quite there and had minimal clinical experience. Then i take 2 years to get 5200 hours clinical experience, get a 4.0 in a postbacc, and get a 515. Now they rejected me pre-II....what gives?

*i did move states for all this. But NC says I’m considered in-state till at least this November.

Reactions: 1 user
This is kinda ridiculous. Interviewed here 2 years ago. Rejected bc my MCAT wasn’t quite there and had minimal clinical experience. Then i take 2 years to get 5200 hours clinical experience, get a 4.0 in a postbacc, and get a 515. Now they rejected me pre-II....what gives?

*i did move states for all this. But NC says I’m considered in-state till at least this November.

Did you find out today? I’m really sorry. I’ve found there really is no way to predict how this process will go.

No, I found out a few weeks ago but it’s been bothering me bc I would’ve loved to go here since so many of my friends are already there.

I’m really sorry to hear that. Don’t give up, though. I have faith things will work out one day if we just keep going!

Hopefully other doors open for you, but this process doesn't always seem straightforward to us. But you tried your best, and that is what ultimately counts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Your substantial accomplishments and the determination that you have demonstrated are truly laudable. Any medical school would be fortunate to have you.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed here, do we stay in one building or are we walking around outdoors a good bit? Trying to prep for cold weather haha

For those who interviewed here, do we stay in one building or are we walking around outdoors a good bit? Trying to prep for cold weather haha
We were indoors the entire time!

• Love
The only outdoors portion was from the parking lot to the medical school building.

Alright y'all what's the latest news? I've already grown a full beard since my interview.

Reactions: 5 users
Alright y'all what's the latest news? I've already grown a full beard since my interview.
At my interview the dean basically refused to tell me a timeline of hearing back. Just they sort you and will re-rank you. I think the new AMCAS traffic rules have made schools guard their offers more.

Has anyone sent a letter of interest to this school?
I sent a letter of interest before my interview, and a letter of intent the day after my interview! I also sent an update. I was accepted about a month after my update!! They are very receptive

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call! So excited about this school!

• Love
Congratulations!!! Sorry for asking, but did you get a call instead of an email? Also, do you mind sharing when you interviewed? Thanks!

I got a phone call this morning (around 11) haha. Interviewed 1/8!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I got a phone call this morning (around 11) haha. Interviewed 1/8!
WHEW this turn around time!!! Congratulations!!! I just interviewed yesterday and absolutely fell in love with the school! Hoping for some good news in the future!

Accepted. complete 8/15/19.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 users
Brody if you accept me, I will come to class everyday wearing a pirate hat and parrot on my shoulder.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know if Brody is Pass/Fail? I've been looking on their site but couldn't find it anywhere

Thanks! Still not totally sure what to think about P/F vs traditional grading system tbh

I don’t think it really matters, your class rank will be more important than your GPA. And your board scores will be more important than either gpa or rank.

Rejected today via Email. Interviewed 10/15

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
That sucks. On the plus side, you have closure now. I hope that you end up at the right medical school for you!

I appreciate it! Luckily I have an acceptance to a school I would be thrilled to attend and am still waiting post-II from one more. I hope this acceptance goes to one of you deserving applicants!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else hear back post interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you guys wrote your letters of interest or intent, did you address Dr. Bright (associate dean of admissions) or Dr. Mark Stacy (the dean)?

When you guys wrote your letters of interest or intent, did you address Dr. Bright (associate dean of admissions) or Dr. Mark Stacy (the dean)?
I addressed the admissions committee

I addressed the admissions committee too because it will be added to your file and reviewed by the admissions committee.

This was my first interview of the cycle (09/03) and still no decision. I wonder what the hold-up is.

This was my first interview of the cycle (09/03) and still no decision. I wonder what the hold-up is.
We basically weren't the top applicants for an initial acceptance so we are on an internal hold until all applicants are interviewed so they can make a more precise decision on our fate.

Made me wait 4 months to catch that R, thanks Brody

Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile