2019-2020 East Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the hard R via email. I am post interview. I interviewed back in late August. Good luck to everyone else!
Stats if you dont mind?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still hoping for a II from here, but radio silence. Last year they gave 471 IIs and we're only at 248 as of 11/1 so I'm holding out hope :xf:

Reactions: 1 users
Still hoping for a II from here, but radio silence. Last year they gave 471 IIs and we're only at 248 as of 11/1 so I'm holding out hope :xf:

Same here! Looks like there were 471 people actually interviewed, which probably means there were even more than 471 IIs sent out...

Wonder when they'll send out more because I haven't seen anyone on here with a fresh II in a while

Last edited:
I submitted at the end of July and I haven't heard anything. Somebody I know who is an MS1 now told me that their cycle runs pretty late and their interviews go all the way to February. Fingers crossed?

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted at the end of July and I haven't heard anything. Somebody I know who is an MS1 now told me that their cycle runs pretty late and their interviews go all the way to February. Fingers crossed?
Okay good to know! My friend submitted secondary in July as well but he was just emailed this past week with a rejection.

Okay good to know! My friend submitted secondary in July as well but he was just emailed this past week with a rejection.

Yeah I heard they sent out a wave of rejections earlier. I guess no news is good news?

Reactions: 1 user
As of November 15, 2019 we have:
  • Received 1024 AMCAS applications
  • Received 887 Supplementary applications
  • Interviewed 295 applicants
  • Made 32 offers
    (Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejected pre-II :( Goodluck to everyone else! Submitted secondary 7/12/19

• Sad
Got a fat R yesterday AM which came as a shock because I have a ton of ECs that align with their mission... but anyway, good luck to the rest of ya!

• Sad
II today! Complete 7/5. The dates available were January 7th and 8th.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know how long into the spring ECUs interview cycle is? In my complete email it said typically August through January... is this typical? Would sending an update be preemptive at this point if we haven’t heard anything?

Interviewed in September and I'm on pins and needles because this school has such a great vibe... yike

Anyone know how long into the spring ECUs interview cycle is? In my complete email it said typically August through January... is this typical? Would sending an update be preemptive at this point if we haven’t heard anything?
I sent an update about a few weeks before my II, FWIW

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how Brody feels about updates? I'm debating if I should send one. I interviewed in August and haven't heard anything. I was thinking about updating them on some recent service projects and shadowing, but I'm not sure if they would even care/get annoyed by it.

Does anyone know how Brody feels about updates? I'm debating if I should send one. I interviewed in August and haven't heard anything. I was thinking about updating them on some recent service projects and shadowing, but I'm not sure if they would even care/get annoyed by it.
I feel the same way. I’ve had an additional 400+ hours of clinical experience since my interview but I don’t know if it will be significant.

I sent an update post-interview. They’re very receptive to updates, definitely send one!

Does anyone know if Brody offers student hosts?

Got the rejection email on 11/15. Submitted secondary on 7/16.
MCAT of 522. GPA 4.0
I'm somewhat disappointed in ECU because this is a school I was very interested in based on their mission, but I feel like I may have been overlooked because of too high stats on paper.

Good luck to everyone!

• Sad

I have sent updates before (both this cycle and previous cycle) to me they always seem very receptive towards updates, I would just make sure its substantial in terms of truly helping your application and appeal to the admissions committee.

Pre-II R just now. Good luck to everyone else!!

• Sad
Got the rejection email on 11/15. Submitted secondary on 7/16.
MCAT of 522. GPA 4.0
I'm somewhat disappointed in ECU because this is a school I was very interested in based on their mission, but I feel like I may have been overlooked because of too high stats on paper.

Good luck to everyone!
I hate that for you! With those stats I am sure you will have much success down the road this cycle without a doubt! Keep your head up!

I hate that for you! With those stats I am sure you will have much success down the road this cycle without a doubt! Keep your head up!
Thanks for the encouragement! Everyone needs it. Trying to keep my head up until I get the first A anywhere lol.
I’m curious what they will say if I attend one of their advisory sessions if I end up having to reapply next cycle. Hopefully I get in somewhere this cycle though.

I have sent updates before (both this cycle and previous cycle) to me they always seem very receptive towards updates, I would just make sure its substantial in terms of truly helping your application and appeal to the admissions committee.

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t say I have anything substantial enough that I could update schools on. Nothing has really changed in my application since summer.

All is silent as we approach Thanksgiving, but I am grateful for the place that I am in, waiting for a post-interview decision :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

• Love
Did you meet with them After your previous cycle to discuss your app? I wasn’t able to, so I hope It doesn’t hinder my chances for the spring cycle.

Did you meet with them After your previous cycle to discuss your app? I wasn’t able to, so I hope It doesn’t hinder my chances for the spring cycle.
I’ve seen in the past that reapps tend to get interviews late in the cycle anyways so stay hopeful. I doubt that it would negatively affect you as long as you know that you made some personal improvements yourself!

I did but to be honest it just emphasized what I already knew were my weak points. I don't think it would hinder you.

Also they have changed their Admissions Dean this year. I would guess whether or not you previously evaluated your application wouldn't be as important.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile