2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Target states for all VCOM campuses include Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, and West Virginia"
So applicants from these areas are considered before those outside the target areas. I am a New York resident, that is why I would not be considered until later on.

Gotcha, the “range” threw me off. I didn’t know if you were talking about mcat, gpa, etc

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in this same boat, I haven't submitted yet cause I didn't know if i could with an incomplete section. Did you ever figure this out? It says to leave it blank if your letters are submitted to AACOMAS, which mine are, but then when i leave the section blank it says its incomplete

Edit: i figured it out lol
Could you PLEASE share with me how you figured it out? I am trying to add a proff and it keeps on saying error and I have been trying over a couple of days but it doesn't seem to work.

Hey Guys! I tried adding the name of my professor who is writing my letter of eval and the website keeps on saying error whenever I click submit. Anyone else have this trouble? Anyone figure it out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys! I tried adding the name of my professor who is writing my letter of eval and the website keeps on saying error whenever I click submit. Anyone else have this trouble? Anyone figure it out?
Did you add both an allopathic/osteopathic and a science faculty/committee member to the application under the “letters of recommendation” tab?

When you try to help and get ignored. :poke:
hahahaha sorry i kept on refreshing my page for notifications and wasn't getting any, so figured you were probably busy and I should ask again! Was getting frustrated with trying to figure it out...and still can't LOL

Did you add both an allopathic/osteopathic and a science faculty/committee member to the application under the “letters of recommendation” tab?
I have successfully added a physician but it won't let me add a faculty member!

Did anyone run into the problem of paying where it said they are having issues right now but then upon returning to the secondary app it says "marked as paid"
Yes...did you figure it out?

Anyone get an II that isn't from their list of target states?

for those who have received II..How long ago was your application marked as complete? My verification was about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I guess I'm just jittery but I was wondering how long it takes for them to notify you of an interview or send you a rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if you interview at one location, are you still able to be offered admissions to the other two campuses?

anyone know if you interview at one location, are you still able to be offered admissions to the other two campuses?
No, they select which campus that you are best fitted for and offer you the interview for that campus, and that campus only.

Had my interview yesterday with like 8 other candidates, a mix of early decision and regular decision.

It was a really chill experience, the school seems really dedicated to making you a part of the family. Our 3 open file interviews with faculty were very relaxed, and everyone, faculty, students, and applicants alike, were very comfortable to talk to. They are very much about their mission and osteopathic medicine in general so be prepared to talk about that.

They give you an overview of the school, you get your interviews out of the way, and then they take you on a tour of the school and Blacksburg, followed by a financial aid overview.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Had my interview yesterday with like 8 other candidates, a mix of early decision and regular decision.

It was a really chill experience, the school seems really dedicated to making you a part of the family. Our 3 open file interviews with faculty were very relaxed, and everyone, faculty, students, and applicants alike, were very comfortable to talk to. They are very much about their mission and osteopathic medicine in general so be prepared to talk about that.

They give you an overview of the school, you get your interviews out of the way, and then they take you on a out of the school and Blacksburg, followed by a financial aid overview.
can you clarify when you state "they take you on a out of the school"? Thanks!

do we actually have to upload a cv
if you already have one, would it hurt to?

I would argue against not submitting one. Sometimes all people are given access to see if the secondary and not primary. It would be to your benefit to submit a CV/resume

II! For the Louisiana campus. (I am not in their target state region--Illinois). Anyone having trouble actually signing up for an interview? Is the website down? I got two interview invite emails/maybe a glitch? And there is an interview tab on my portal, but just says "editable content" haha. I really want to sign up for a date but I can't! Will call tomorrow, just want to know if anyone else is having this issue.

II! For the Louisiana campus. (I am not in their target state region--Illinois). Anyone having trouble actually signing up for an interview? Is the website down? I got two interview invite emails/maybe a glitch? And there is an interview tab on my portal, but just says "editable content" haha. I really want to sign up for a date but I can't! Will call tomorrow, just want to know if anyone else is having this issue.
Congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind?

Did anyone else receive an email saying their primary app is under review with committee to decide if a secondary will be sent?

II for Louisiana as well. 503, 3.62 GPA, from California

I had the exact same problem as well, they werent available to answer my calls. Did you find a solution?

I had the exact same problem as well, they werent available to answer my calls. Did you find a solution?
it worked for me today. i just logged back in and it worked? no solution really. I know this doesn't really help.

does vcom-va have an informal two week secondary deadline?

For the secondary question: What influenced your decision to apply to VCOM? (e.g., personal or medical experiences; influences of friends/family/physicians/mentors; etc.) Anyone if they mean specifically VCOM or can we answer it as in the decision to apply to medical school in general?

For the secondary question: What influenced your decision to apply to VCOM? (e.g., personal or medical experiences; influences of friends/family/physicians/mentors; etc.) Anyone if they mean specifically VCOM or can we answer it as in the decision to apply to medical school in general?

I noted all their campuses, however talked a lot about the Virginia campus which is my #1 choice.

does vcom-va have an informal two week secondary deadline?
Nah I submitted my primary rly early and took about a month to do my secondary and received an II

Definitely just got bamboozled by VCOM... got an email saying "you're invited" but it was for their fall open house :eyebrow:

• Haha
Kind of bummed that I haven't heard back from this school....all the interviews I have are really far from home and I'd love to have at least the chance to stay in the region.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah they emailed me a few days later and told me to pay it again and then it worked. Only charged once

Yes I ended up e-mailing them and paying as well

I tried calling because I have the same issue for payment, but no one is picking up. How long did they take to respond to y’all email? Will this push back the completion of app?

I tried calling because I have the same issue for payment, but no one is picking up. How long did they take to respond to y’all email? Will this push back the completion of app?
im pretty sure i emailed and they emailed me back the same day!

Well if there is a problem that was out of your control (which obviously this one is) I have heard of schools expediting review.

Acceptance offered today!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted! Interviewed 08/27

• Love
Reactions: 8 users