You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Nebraska
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
whiteraspberry
Full Member
For the virtual interviews, are you guys going to use headphones, or just the mic/speaker on your computer? I'm a little worried that headphones will look funny, but then again I don't want them to hear the planes flying over my house lol.
had the interview today, i used AirPods for the informational session before interviews and used the mic/speaker on my computer because they died right before. other people had headphones on or earbuds in so whatever your situation is, it'll be fine!
whiteraspberry
Full Member
Did you apply to UNMC last year? If so, did they inform you what they wanted to see improved?
also a reapplicant and OOS with ties, they told me in my exit interview that i needed to retake my MCAT, specifically my CARS score, so i did
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
preconfused
New Member
also a reapplicant and OOS with ties, they told me in my exit interview that i needed to retake my MCAT, specifically my CARS score, so i did
I have a few questions: 1) what exactly is an exit interview? 2) I have a very low cars score and am wondering what your score was the first time? You do not have to share if you do not want I know thats kind of a stretch I scored 123 and am freaking out. 3) How did you improve your score the next time around?
Thank you in advance sorry it is a lot!
whiteraspberry
Full Member
I have a few questions: 1) what exactly is an exit interview? 2) I have a very low cars score and am wondering what your score was the first time? You do not have to share if you do not want I know thats kind of a stretch I scored 123 and am freaking out. 3) How did you improve your score the next time around?
Thank you in advance sorry it is a lot!
an exit interview is a conversation with an admissions committee after an interview about why you were rejected from the school
my first CARS score was a 124, which is 48th percentile. very very very very few schools take a 123 and if they do, only when they’ve exhausted all their 124’s and 125’s (talking to a different med school tho)
i improved my score by hard work and determination, a book by “testing solutions”, and 2-3 hours of practice a day. i read through the book (30 day guide) and practiced as they told me with jack westin. eventually i started getting 6-7/7 right. for a week or so after i finished the book practicing for 7-8 passages a day, i dropped back to 3-4/7 questions right so i started reading the notes i took on the book before i’d practice CARS. Before the real deal, I read through my notes and scored a 128 (92nd percentile)
immunoguy23
Full Member
Any MD/PhD applicants hear about interviews yet? Submitted the secondary 8/5 and haven't heard anything. I'm OOS , no ties.
immunoguy23
Full Member
Have you gotten an II yet?I am MD/PHD was complete 8/12 and no ties either.
dcceelo
Full Member
NopeHave you gotten an II yet?
immunoguy23
Full Member
Glad we're in the same boat. Hopefully soon...Nope
supopopich
New Member
II received. OOS with ties to the state
minn#4
Full Member
congrats! Would you mind sharing your complete date and stats?II received. OOS with ties to the state
supopopich
New Member
congrats! Would you mind sharing your complete date and stats?
Thanks!! Yeah ofcourse, here are my stats. 3.88 cGPA, MCAT 510. Submitted secondary 9/04, II received today.
minn#4
Full Member
Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats?II OOS no ties to state (received Thursday) submitted secondary 9/23
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yee 513 3.94Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats?
cap_2
Full Member
Same, were you also given the chance to appeal the decision?Pre II rejection today. Complete end of september and OOS with no ties.
minn#4
Full Member
Yeah, I was given a choice to appeal. I don't know if I'm going to... As an OOS with no ties I think they'll be able to see right through my appeal hahaSame, were you also given the chance to appeal the decision?
immunoguy23
Full Member
I didn't get a complete email (MD/PhD secondary), but if you go to that website where we paid the fee it now says "complete and paid" so I think we should be good. I haven't heard anything yet either (OOS, no ties).Did any of guys get a complete email when you submitted the secondary fee and the essay? I haven't heard anything from them and was complete around 8/12. Do you think I should send a letter of interest?
They said at the interview the vast majority of decisions are after January 2021.Does UNMC give out Regular admissions decision prior to Thanksgiving?
dcceelo
Full Member
Congrats. What dates are they scheduling for now? I still have not heard back from them at all 🙁.II for MD/PhD!!
Thanks! They only gave me one date which happens to be next week. DMed you some additional info.Congrats. What dates are they scheduling for now? I still have not heard back from them at all 🙁.
immunoguy23
Full Member
Are you IS or OOS? I also haven't heard anything but I'm OOS and no ties.Thanks! They only gave me one date which happens to be next week. DMed you some additional info.
Hey! I’m OOS, no ties, complete late October. Hoping you all hear something soon and Happy Thanksgiving!!Are you IS or OOS? I also haven't heard anything but I'm OOS and no ties.
immunoguy23
Full Member
Out of curiosity, did you get a complete email after you submitted? Good luck with the interview!Hey! I’m OOS, no ties, complete late October. Hoping you all hear something soon and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I didn’t. I got an email confirming payment of secondary fee (automatic email receipt), but that was it. Thank you and please reach out if you have questions, here or DM!!Out of curiosity, did you get a complete email after you submitted? Good luck with the interview!
Any regular decision people hear back yet? Interviewed in September, but haven't heard anything since. Also, do y'all know if they send all admissions decisions via mail? Like even a waitlist?
Randomly was accepted today! IS applicant
I was told to not expect anything till January 2021 when I interviewed!
I was told to not expect anything till January 2021 when I interviewed!
Congrats! Was the acceptance via email or mail?Randomly was accepted today! IS applicant
I was told to not expect anything till January 2021 when I interviewed!
preconfused
New Member
Congratulations!!! do you mind sharing stats and interview date?Randomly was accepted today! IS applicant
I was told to not expect anything till January 2021 when I interviewed!
Accepted via email and stats 3.77 MCAT 510+ interview date 9/25Congratulations!!! do you mind sharing stats and interview date?
Last edited:
Congrats! on your acceptance. If you don't mind sharing, are you in-state? and any other details you can share. Thanks ahead.Are there any current students I could contact regarding the matriculation process? Just got my A and have a couple questions!
immunoguy23
Full Member
Any MD/PhD applicants in the dark? According to the website they are done with interviews but I haven’t heard anything. OOS, no ties
dcceelo
Full Member
Got ghosted too. Going to assume an R but I think I heard they send all decisions through mail but I could be wrong on that.Any MD/PhD applicants in the dark? According to the website they are done with interviews but I haven’t heard anything. OOS, no ties
wpneuro
Full Member
Same situation, I haven't heard anything since the secondary.Any MD/PhD applicants in the dark? According to the website they are done with interviews but I haven’t heard anything. OOS, no ties
NeuroticLlama
Full Member
It's been quiet for me. I interview back in October and they informed us that they would be sending out decisions via snail mail between late December to mid March. I've been checking my mailbox every single day because of their process.Any news from anyone???
+1. Interviewed in October and was also told we'd hear back via snail mail.It's been quiet for me. I interview back in October and they informed us that they would be sending out decisions via snail mail between late December to mid March. I've been checking my mailbox every single day because of their process.
A previous poster said they were notified of their acceptance via email so now I'm not so sure.
Best of luck to you all regardless!
i interviewed in october and was notified via email about my acceptance in late december!It's been quiet for me. I interview back in October and they informed us that they would be sending out decisions via snail mail between late December to mid March. I've been checking my mailbox every single day because of their process.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the acceptance email this morning as well. Hope to see you all in August 🙂
Would you mind sharing stats?Acceptance via email this morning 🙂 Good luck everyone!
IS or OOS?Would you mind sharing stats?
Would you mind sharing stats? IS or OOS?Got the acceptance email this morning as well. Hope to see you all in August 🙂