2020-2021 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete email today as well. Sent in secondary July 17th. Hopefully this means good things!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ehhh you never know. We're like puppets in this process. Anyways, I got the complete email today.
Peppts we are. Like a bunch of orphans hoping to find a welcoming home

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you email 'em and let 'em know that the MCAT had been verified/sent thru AACOMAS? :( I'm rooting for you so hard dude!

Whoops meant to make my post in the Bradenton/Erie forum... but no II at Ohio yet either haha. And thank you! I did email all my DO schools to let them know my score was in.

II a few minutes ago! IS, complete on 7/28

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, you've been waiting! Portal, email, text (or any combination thereof?)

ETA: MY LETTERS STILL AREN'T CHECKED OFF AND I GIVE UP
I got an email! I’m done checking portals everyday, I feel like the email comes within a few minutes.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, do you think it's viable to apply to OUHCOM now as an OOS? Not sure if it's too late for OOS students to have a reasonable chance. Also stats are 508, cgpa 3.93 sgpa 3.87, OOS bordering. Also I'm interested in family med and am totally cool with 5 yr contract.

Hi guys, do you think it's viable to apply to OUHCOM now as an OOS? Not sure if it's too late for OOS students to have a reasonable chance. Also stats are 508, cgpa 3.93 sgpa 3.87, OOS bordering. Also I'm interested in family med and am totally cool with 5 yr contract.

Definitely not too late. They just sent out some of their first interviews today! You’re very competitive with those stats!

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely not too late. They just sent out some of their first interviews today! You’re very competitive with those stats!

Oh nice, how did you find that out? Everything I could find said they started mid-September with interviews.

Oh nice, how did you find that out? Everything I could find said they started mid-September with interviews.

I received an interview invitation from them yesterday, and I figure I’m not the only one who got one. It’s still so early though, interviews happen all the way into next year!

I received an interview invitation from them yesterday, and I figure I’m not the only one who got one. It’s still so early though, interviews happen all the way into next year!

Nice! Congrats and good luck!

Congrats! This is one of my top choices and is one of the few schools I haven't heard a peep from

When is your interview? Keep us posted on how the virtual interviews are! This is my #1 school overall. Fingers crossed :)

I guess the first few waves are IS only. OOS is much later hopefully...

When is your interview? Keep us posted on how the virtual interviews are! This is my #1 school overall. Fingers crossed :)

Interview is 9/29, they don’t provide date options, just give you a day. I emailed Admissions about meeting with a representative from the DO/PhD program and she let me know that my itinerary would be sent “in a few weeks” !

II just now! IS. LM 67. They only provided one date to interview.

My letters have checkmarks on them but are assigned the wrong thing (my natural science was assigned as additional)....I emailed them and they said they haven't placed any checkmarks on any of my documents and told me to be patient...what should I do?

My letters have checkmarks on them but are assigned the wrong thing (my natural science was assigned as additional)....I emailed them and they said they haven't placed any checkmarks on any of my documents and told me to be patient...what should I do?

At least your letters have check marks...

Definitely don't keep bugging them, they get annoyed.

Has anyone rec’d a Cleveland campus interview/do they have separate interviews for separate campuses?

Has anyone rec’d a Cleveland campus interview/do they have separate interviews for separate campuses?

in previous years, they just interview for all sites at one time. would be surprised if it is different this year

Omg, I just got an interview invite! It’s for the TCC program! It’s 2 days of virtual interviewing. I know the program only takes a handful of students. Does anyone know if you don’t make it into the TCC, are you automatically considered for their regular program? I know they regularly interview with all the campuses you select, but since this is just the Cleveland campus I wasn’t sure if I would need another invitation to interview again for the regular program.

• Love
Omg, I just got an interview invite! It’s for the TCC program! It’s 2 days of virtual interviewing. I know the program only takes a handful of students. Does anyone know if you don’t make it into the TCC, are you automatically considered for their regular program? I know they regularly interview with all the campuses you select, but since this is just the Cleveland campus I wasn’t sure if I would need another invitation to interview again for the regular program.
No, it’s for both! They’ll consider you for TCC and if you’re not accepted they’ll still consider you for the regular pathway.

is the rule of thumb not that you should be complete by thanksgiving for DO?

is the rule of thumb not that you should be complete by thanksgiving for DO?
I would apply as soon as possible. They JUST started interviewing, so you aren’t behind. I think it depends on what campus you want. Athens usually has spots for a larger portion of the cycle. Last I heard, Cleveland and Dublin usually runs out of spots a lot faster (like before Christmas they are most of the way filled). This cycle is up on the air for everything though, so who knows lol.

How many OOS applicants do they accept/make up the class? Any preference for surrounding states, like KY?

I chose Cleveland as my top campus choice and have to write the following essay: "Tell us about an experience or experiences that has/have prepared you to enter family medicine and how you feel you will impact your community in or around Cleveland, Akron or Northeast Ohio. "

(Dublin has the same essay)

Do Cleveland and Dublin only focus on family medicine? Why such a specific question?

Ok really weird but I just got on my supplemental application and that question for the campuses has been slightly modified:

Tell us about an experience or experiences that has/have prepared you to enter medicine and how you feel you will impact your community in or around Dublin, Columbus, or Central Ohio.

So did they change the prompt in the middle of the cycle? Can they do that???

Kind of thrown by this school. On the application portal it says to email if your letters are not checked off yet if it has been a couple weeks. I submitted on the third of August so I emailed them and they seemed annoyed. Basically told me that I have not been reviewed, be patient and they will get to me.

At least your letters have check marks...

Definitely don't keep bugging them, they get annoyed.

Kind of thrown by this school. On the application portal it says to email if your letters are not checked off yet if it has been a couple weeks. I submitted on the third of August so I emailed them and they seemed annoyed. Basically told me that I have not been reviewed, be patient and they will get to me.

I've also noticed when you ask them questions via email they send very curt responses with no signature block or anything which is different from most other schools admissions

• Sad
I've also noticed when you ask them questions via email they send very curt responses with no signature block or anything which is different from most other schools admissions

Yea like it literally says in the portal to reach out to them if our letters haven't been checked off if it has been a couple weeks. Well, do not listen to that. Its a trap. Similar to if you ask your fiance if you can go golfing with the boys and she says "Sure". ITS A TRAP.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Ok really weird but I just got on my supplemental application and that question for the campuses has been slightly modified:

Tell us about an experience or experiences that has/have prepared you to enter medicine and how you feel you will impact your community in or around Dublin, Columbus, or Central Ohio.

So did they change the prompt in the middle of the cycle? Can they do that???
That's the question I got when I marked the Dublin campus as my first choice. I submitted back in July. What has been modified?

That's the question I got when I marked the Dublin campus as my first choice. I submitted back in July. What has been modified?
I think the difference was "medicine" vs "family medicine" *shrug*

I think the difference was "medicine" vs "family medicine" *shrug*
Yeah that was the difference. Pretty big difference in terms of what the essay becomes about. Maybe the original poster mistyped? I’m glad I didn’t prewrite that one lmao

• Hmm
I was complete on 7/27, still waiting to hear anything back... In State, lower end stats.

Late reply here but yes, that is exactly what they did. When I completed the secondary back in June, the Dublin prompt said "family" medicine. I got an email a few weeks after submitting that the word "family" had been erroneously included in the prompt, and I could re-write and resubmit my essay if I chose to. So I did.

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!
wait...I never got this email to re-write and resubmit my essay....did anyone else?

Should we have? What does this mean for our applications? I haven't received a complete email yet...

Not totally sure.. but in the portal it says my app is under review by the adcom so must not make a huge difference? Idk lol