2020-2021 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II invite this morning for VITA and personal! OOS applicant

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I was accepted to this school on January 25th and I was wondering if there are any current students that I could ask some more specific questions about the curriculum, the campus, the island, etc.

With the inability to tour the campus this cycle I’d like to get more insider info about the school. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I was accepted to this school on January 25th and I was wondering if there are any current students that I could ask some more specific questions about the curriculum, the campus, the island, etc.

With the inability to tour the campus this cycle I’d like to get more insider info about the school. Thanks!

Current OOS MS1 feel free to message!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys I was accepted into the class, and wanted to encourage some of you out there. The admission's committee takes a holistic view at your application which goes beyond an MCAT score and a GPA score. As far as I was able to sense, they want to admit genuine people who can make a difference in the life of patients.

I know some of you may be wondering, but what was your GPA? and your Mcat score? I usually don't share my scores, unless it is necessary for academic advancement purposes, so I will refrain from making them public. But I can tell you that my scores were around the mean scores for the GPA and MCAT scores of students accepted into the school, that I've done research, and have been very actively engaged in serving others through volunteer work.

My interview experience was pleasant, and though it was short, I was given the opportunity to be myself, to answer questions honestly, and to be truthful about who I am and what my goals are. My interviewer also communicated to me that he would be willing to answer any question I may have and that I could email him if questions arose.

I'm really excited about joining the San Juan Bautista School of Medicine family, and I look forwards to meeting you, my future classmates as well! If you have been accepted into the school and want to talk feel free to send me an inbox- and we could talk one day, or video chat in Spanish or English
If you haven't been accepted into medical school yet, I want to encourage you not to give up in your dreams, you may be accepted later on in the cycle into SJB or into another school, so be encouraged, and don't loose hope. But determine that even if that were not to happen, that you will bounce back, improve your application and press on to pursue your goals. Above all things determine not to loose hope, and to believe in yourself and what you are capable of doing. Even when things don't work out in life, stand firm in the dignity of the essence of who you are, don't doubt your worth and intrinsic value.

You are here in this world for a purpose, and that purpose will continue to unfold as you press on in life.

On a personal level, I am a person of faith, and I believe that Jesus loves me and watches out for me, and I've found consolation, peace and strength in that relationship, especially when I've gone through hardships ( and If you knew my story you would realize that I've had my share of pain in life). I could have allowed the tragedies of life from stop me from pressing on, but I held on to hope, and didn't give up, and finally the dream of mine to be accepted into SJB came through.

Be encouraged in your path, and if you need someone to talk to feel free to send me an inbox.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hi guys I was accepted into the class, and wanted to encourage some of you out there. The admission's committee takes a holistic view at your application which goes beyond an MCAT score and a GPA score. As far as I was able to sense, they want to admit genuine people who can make a difference in the life of patients.

I know some of you may be wondering, but what was your GPA? and your Mcat score? I usually don't share my scores, unless it is necessary for academic advancement purposes, so I will refrain from making them public. But I can tell you that my scores were around the mean scores for the GPA and MCAT scores of students accepted into the school, that I've done research, and have been very actively engaged in serving others through volunteer work.

My interview experience was pleasant, and though it was short, I was given the opportunity to be myself, to answer questions honestly, and to be truthful about who I am and what my goals are. My interviewer also communicated to me that he would be willing to answer any question I may have and that I could email him if questions arose.

I'm really excited about joining the San Juan Bautista School of Medicine family, and I look forwards to meeting you, my future classmates as well! If you have been accepted into the school and want to talk feel free to send me an inbox- and we could talk one day, or video chat in Spanish or English
If you haven't been accepted into medical school yet, I want to encourage you not to give up in your dreams, you may be accepted later on in the cycle into SJB or into another school, so be encouraged, and don't loose hope. But determine that even if that were not to happen, that you will bounce back, improve your application and press on to pursue your goals. Above all things determine not to loose hope, and to believe in yourself and what you are capable of doing. Even when things don't work out in life, stand firm in the dignity of the essence of who you are, don't doubt your worth and intrinsic value.

You are here in this world for a purpose, and that purpose will continue to unfold as you press on in life.

On a personal level, I am a person of faith, and I believe that Jesus loves me and watches out for me, and I've found consolation, peace and strength in that relationship, especially when I've gone through hardships ( and If you knew my story you would realize that I've had my share of pain in life). I could have allowed the tragedies of life from stop me from pressing on, but I held on to hope, and didn't give up, and finally the dream of mine to be accepted into SJB came through.

Be encouraged in your path, and if you need someone to talk to feel free to send me an inbox.
This is so beautiful.
I’m so worried. I really want to receive an acceptance but I haven’t received one. I want to cry thinking ab not having one yet because it makes me think I won’t ever get one. I interviewed 12/14 and my gpa is above theirs and MCAT around their avg. I feel as if my interview went great but you never know. :( when did you receive your acceptance and when did you interview ?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
This is so beautiful.
I’m so worried. I really want to receive an acceptance but I haven’t received one. I want to cry thinking ab not having one yet because it makes me think I won’t ever get one. I interviewed 12/14 and my gpa is above theirs and MCAT around their avg. I feel as if my interview went great but you never know. :( when did you receive your acceptance and when did you interview ?
Hiii!! I can completely relate with you. Have about the same stats as you and interviewed 12/14 and still no answer. You are not alone in this, I know we'll receive answers soon!! Wish you the best!

• Care
This is so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I am glad that the post touched your heart. I wrote it having someone like you in mind, I know how hard it can be to wait, especially when you want something so bad, and you are longing for an acceptance but I want to encourage you to anchor your soul in hope, and to get to a point where you make the choice that you are going to be happy no matter what the outcome is. That's the point that I was at. I really wanted to be accepted but I knew that it was not under my control to make it happen, and that I could receive an acceptance or rejection letter. And I made up my mind that I was going to accept whatever the outcome was, adapt and continue to move ahead in life - no matter what. That mindset gave me peace, for I didn't feel like my happiness depended on something that was out of my control. I knew that I could choose to be content no matter what. What was at stake in the decision of the admissions committee was direction that my life was going to take this year..... and I had faith that God would help me get to the place that I was meant to be in life.

Answering your question, it does sound like our interview was around the same dates. (I'll rater not give specific identifier details on the post). It seems to me as though that SJB will continue to accept students into the class in the weeks and months ahead as the admission's cycle is not over yet.

I encourage you to do your best to maintain a posture of patience and peace of mind as you wait for their final decision.

• Care
Hiii!! I can completely relate with you. Have about the same stats as you and interviewed 12/14 and still no answer. You are not alone in this, I know we'll receive answers soon!! Wish you the best!
Have you asked them when they will be getting back to you?

Can anyone comment on how the rotations are at this school? I heard away rotations are possible 4th year. So far I really like this school but its hard to find a whole lot of info. Also I agree that it's hard to know a whole lot about a school without visiting. Any other general comments from current/future students or alumni are welcomed.

Those who have interviewed, how long after VITA did you receive the date for the personal interview? I know someone mentioned that after 4 days they received the invite; is this the case for everyone?

Last edited:
Those who have interviewed, how long after VITA did you receive the date for the personal interview? I know someone mentioned that after 4 days they received the invite; is this the case for everyone?
I also got the interview invite 4 days after completing the VITA. (Completed VITA on Saturday, received 1-on-1 invite on Thursday)

Can anyone comment on how the rotations are at this school? I heard away rotations are possible 4th year. So far I really like this school but its hard to find a whole lot of info. Also I agree that it's hard to know a whole lot about a school without visiting. Any other general comments from current/future students or alumni are welcomed.
Current MS1 here! I plan to do away rotations my 4th year so I’ve looked into it. There is an application process via Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) or directly through the students department at school. Any U.S. program that is VSAS accredited is available to any one on a first come first serve basis. GPA and good standing is taken into consideration during the application process.

Something to keep in mind is that we’re only allowed 4 “free elective clerkships” and each clerkship is 4 weeks long. With that in mind, a maximum of 16 weeks out of the entire school year can be away (in the U.S.)

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't remember exactly how long it was, but like 4-7 days for me.

For those accepted and are OOS...how are you going ab finding a place to live and car situation?

For those accepted and are OOS...how are you going ab finding a place to live and car situation?
I know that some time ago you were a bit anxious waiting for a response after your interview. Did that already take place? Were you accepted into the school as well?

I know that some time ago you were a bit anxious waiting for a response after your interview. Did that already take place? Were you accepted into the school as well?
Yes! Thankfully I was accepted two weeks ago

My stats are above their average and nothing from them since early December. No II. The last email was informing me that I "advanced to the Admissions Committee for formal review."

Has anyone tried sending an email for an update? If so, which email did you try using? Thank you!

My stats are above their average and nothing from them since early December. No II. The last email was informing me that I "advanced to the Admissions Committee for formal review."

Has anyone tried sending an email for an update? If so, which email did you try using? Thank you!
Try calling them, they can give you a better update of where you stand at.

hi guys ! i am submitting my vita this Saturday, and preparing for my interview in Spanish. as someone who is not fluent in the language, can anyone speak to how the ten minute interview went (stress level, etc) without giving away specifics. just don't want to blow this, but i know my speaking is behind my ability to read/ understand the language.

hi guys ! i am submitting my vita this Saturday, and preparing for my interview in Spanish. as someone who is not fluent in the language, can anyone speak to how the ten minute interview went (stress level, etc) without giving away specifics. just don't want to blow this, but i know my speaking is behind my ability to read/ understand the language.
Don’t worry, you got this! I was also nervous and when I get nervous, I forget how to say/pronounce words but the interviewer was so nice and made the interview so enjoyable! I feel like they just want to get to know you and have a genuine conversation with you. Just speak from your heart and you’ll be okay!

Same, same. My GPA sucks, but my MCAT is above their average, my CASper was summited ages ago, and still nothing. I did have a problem with some letters and idk I lost hope with this one.
Someone told me that they are still going over applications in the order that they were submitted. Which is also scary as hell cause I submitted my secondary in December.

Hey everyone! Hoping maybe someone could shed some light on what may be happening with my second II. I received the II on Feb 23rd and completed VITA Feb 25th. Since then I have not heard back from the AdCom. I sent a follow up email expressing my interest in their program and inquiring about the second II about a week ago. Still nothing. I don’t think I bombed my VITA but then again who knows. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Hey everyone! Hoping maybe someone could shed some light on what may be happening with my second II. I received the II on Feb 23rd and completed VITA Feb 25th. Since then I have not heard back from the AdCom. I sent a follow up email expressing my interest in their program and inquiring about the second II about a week ago. Still nothing. I don’t think I bombed my VITA but then again who knows. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Ironically enough I just received an email for the 2nd interview 😊

Is there a Facebook group for accepted applicants? If not, it would probably be a good idea to start one.

Is there a Facebook group for accepted applicants? If not, it would probably be a good idea to start one.
Yea, we should create it, or maybe a Telegram gc, that’s what they did last year. I called the school today and they told me the white coat ceremony is going to be virtual this year

Whattttt🥺 sorry to hear that.
Did you ask why?

It’s quite scary to think that the average stats for each school increased, I haven’t received an interview invite yet.

anyone interview with a student or was it mainly faculty ?