2020-2021 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do any of you know if lectures are in Spanish at SJBSM?

Members don't see this ad.

Do any of you know if lectures are in Spanish at SJBSM?
For what I have heard, power points slides are in English but most of the professors present the class in Spanish.
I can confirm ^. All the tests and exams are in English as well. For clinical formatives, patient interaction is in Spanish and the patient documentation is in English. Class student presentations are written in English, but the presenters are free to use whatever language is easier for them to present in.
There are people who struggle with their Spanish in my class, however they get by just fine and are able to understand everything.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SJBSM just told me that i only have 8 credits for Spanish and need 1 more credit. Does that mean i would need to take the spanish CLEP exam? if so, does anyone have advice on its level of difficulty?
which exam did you sign up for? the language one solo, or language and writing

I just took the CLEP exam. Look into REA exams. There’s 2 of them. I took one got a 70 and on the CLEP I got a 69.

I just took the CLEP exam. Look into REA exams. There’s 2 of them. I took one got a 70 and on the CLEP I got a 69.
is REA study materials or a different form of an exam we can use instead of the CLEP

is REA study materials or a different form of an exam we can use instead of the CLEP
REA are practice exams (study materials). With decent explanations to incorrect answers. It comes with two. I only took one and I got a 70. The REA exams are similar to what you’ll see in the CLEP. You'll have listening, reading, and fill in the blanks. Tbh well worth it.

Reactions: 3 users
I have my zoom interview scheduled for later this week, it's so strange that it only 15 minutes. I feel like I need more time. :(

You are lucky you are getting 15 min, I got only 10, but it’s true, that’s not enough time. Good luck on your interview. Relax and be yourself.
I have my zoom interview scheduled for later this week, it's so strange that it only 15 minutes. I feel like I need more time. :(

Reactions: 1 users
You got this. Practice your elevator talk in Spanish

Reactions: 2 users
Mine is this Thursday. Is the whole 15 minutes going to be in Spanish?
My 1-1 was completely in Spanish. The main purpose behind the 1-1 interview is to assess Spanish speaking ability. Like others said, just be yourself and answer questions genuinely and you’ll be alright. 💯

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my 1 on 1 interview. It was not as scary as I thought. 😁. Now let's hope for the best.

Reactions: 5 users
anyone know whats the latest you can take the CLEP?
I was suggest as soon as possible given that the cycle is coming to an end soon. Unless you are applying for the 2021-2022 cycle then anytime before you submit your primary :)

Just had my 1 on 1 interview. It was not as scary as I thought. 😁. Now let's hope for the best.
Me too! It felt super conversational!! The interviewer stated we had the room for 15 min but ended up chatting for about 1/2 hr 😅

I was suggest as soon as possible given that the cycle is coming to an end soon. Unless you are applying for the 2021-2022 cycle then anytime before you submit your primary :)
I was told that the scores are due to SJBSM by June 3, and don't you get your CLEP Scores the same day you take it?

Reactions: 1 user
im currently waitlisted just was not sure how long it takes to score. i know credits need to be in by june 3rd, so trying to take it mid may

I was told that the scores are due to SJBSM by June 3, and don't you get your CLEP Scores the same day you take it?
oooh if we get it back the same day then this changes when i take my exam !

You get the scores back the same day but it might take a while, even a month for the school to receive the scores since CLEP has to send it to them by mail

You get the scores back the same day but it might take a while, even a month for the school to receive the scores since CLEP has to send it to them by mail
Oh so I should aim to take th exam sooner than later. Got it . Man why can’t it be sent electronic

oooh if we get it back the same day then this changes when i take my exam !
I received my scores the same day and although I had selected SBJ to receive them on my registration, I also emailed a scanned version of the scores the same day. Those were accepted by SJB and confirmed as “received” within 2 days. I’m not sure if this information is useful as everyone’s situation can be different. Hope this helps!

So I have 8 credit hours and just need 1 more. Do you think they will let me get by with just those 8 or would I need to take the clep?

I received my scores the same day and although I had selected SBJ to receive them on my registration, I also emailed a scanned version of the scores the same day. Those were accepted by SJB and confirmed as “received” within 2 days. I’m not sure if this information is useful as everyone’s situation can be different. Hope this helps!
this is very useful! because i can possibly push the exam back if needed. by the way is a 60 the score you need or a 70?

So I have 8 credit hours and just need 1 more. Do you think they will let me get by with just those 8 or would I need to take the clep?
i would not try to push it. better to be safe than sorry

For those who took the CLEP exam. Are we going based off the “score” or the “Ace Score”?

i believe so
unless you meet the requirements for credits. most of us are taking the exam for the remaining credits we need. acceptance is only granted if all requirements are fulfilled, and not getting the score needed to grant those credits would mean you are missing requirements.

Recently waitlisted 4/26, interviewed 4/22. Staying hopeful!

Does anyone know when we need to PTE or CTE for SJB? Is it April 30?

anyone hear word of WL movement yet? seems like in years past, there was movement by now.. then again much has changed in this cycle!

anyone hear word of WL movement yet? seems like in years past, there was movement by now.. then again much has changed in this cycle!
I haven't hear of any movement. Typically this will occur after 4/30, this is when students have to commit to a school if they have multiple acceptances. Fingers crossed for everyone on the waitlist :)!!
We should see some movement mid May.

I haven't hear of any movement. Typically this will occur after 4/30, this is when students have to commit to a school if they have multiple acceptances. Fingers crossed for everyone on the waitlist :)!!
We should see some movement mid May.
Yes! I saw the thread from last years admissions group and they started seeing movement the first week of May! Fingers crossed everyone!

I interviewed here forever ago but haven’t heard back. Any idea if that’s a good or a bad sign? Should I reach out to admissions?

Hi! I withdrew my acceptance to this school today. Good luck to everyone!

• Sad
I just got my acceptance email after being waitlisted. I'm planning on withdrawing my acceptance, though

• Wow