2020-2021 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have a date for the next adcom meeting/decision day?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard anything so far today?
Nothing yet. I'm speculating that decisions could be sent tomorrow as well. Edit: Lol never mind! Just got a continued evaluation email. Definitely going to stay positive, though. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got this email too. Is this something that we should reply to?
Not really, it's a generic update for those not yet accepted/rejected. The only other action to take is to provide any application updates if you have any.

Reactions: 1 users
I also got a “continue to evaluate” this afternoon. Feeling pretty demoralized this cycle. Being asked to wait longer is somehow harder than the rejections.

Also, I’m OOS and interviewed three weeks ago.

Received an II recently :) was wondering how MMI was done? Is it one person? Or is it multiple like how they did in person?

Received an II recently :) was wondering how MMI was done? Is it one person? Or is it multiple like how they did in person?
There are multiple breakout rooms where you have to interact with an actor (each is diff) and face different situations. There is a prompt you read before you go into breakout room to give you some background info

There are multiple breakout rooms where you have to interact with an actor (each is diff) and face different situations. There is a prompt you read before you go into breakout room to give you some background info
Oh I’m happy they made it similar to how they would do it in person I was worried it might be typing! thank you :)

Haven't heard anything from here yet... any hope left for someone with 64 LM?

Is it common to have not received anything for those that submitted earlier? I submitted 11/30 511 3.91 OOS and had complete silence. No II or R
I haven’t heard anything and I submitted in august. LM 67 OOS but live in NC and very close ties to Greenville.

Reactions: 3 users
Also haven't heard anything, also from NC with close ties
Very odd. I’ve gotten 3 MD II from super low yield OOS schools that I have 0 ties to, yet I’ve been completely ghosted by my local schools. I don’t understand admissions.

Reactions: 2 users
Haven't heard anything from here yet... any hope left for someone with 64 LM?
Ive honestly been thinking the same thing. I haven't heard a single thing. I sent them a hail mary update letter last week hoping I can somehow snag a last minute interview. Im instate, had early interviews at the other two instate schools, submitted my secondary in July, and have an LM of 66.5. Prayers for us all :nailbiting::bigtears:

Reactions: 2 users
I've sent two update letters and I'm tempted to send another one but I don't want to be annoying lol. This is the closest school to my family and I love the city but my chances are looking slimmer and slimmer by the day

Have there been any communications about financial aid sent out by Greenville? I keep worrying I'm not getting all the emails from them school, though I know it's just paranoia :p

Have there been any communications about financial aid sent out by Greenville? I keep worrying I'm not getting all the emails from them school, though I know it's just paranoia :p
I don’t think so the last newsletter was sent out mid January (I actually think we are due for another one soon) saying that we should expect financial aid packages late February or late March.

Any recent interview invites here???
I got an invite 2/2. I interviewed last cycle & increased my mcat significantly so I was surprised how late they got back to me. Last cycle my II came late Feb so it’s not a lost cause!

Anyone know decision/call date for February interviews?

Middle tier - what are my chances?
Also middle tier - IS. Keeping hope alive that other students will withdraw as April 30th approaches. This is my #1 so fingers extraaaaa crossed and best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Also middle tier - IS. Keeping hope alive that other students will withdraw as April 30th approaches. This is my #1 so fingers extraaaaa crossed and best of luck to everyone still waiting!
Do you know of any middle tier acceptances last year ?

Do you know of any middle tier acceptances last year ?
Personally no, just from advice I've been given from current students that maybe a quarter or half or so on mid-tier get accepted and almost everyone from upper tier.