You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey Everyone,
I received a match in Harrisburg, PA to work on COVID-19. PA was my first choice! Anyone familiar with this area?
Also, for those who are still waiting for the email, please hang in there!
I was matched in Harrisburg too! I live near the area so we should connect! Congrats!
Breanna2020
Full Member
CONGRATULATIONS! I’m still patiently waitingHey Everyone,
I received a match in Harrisburg, PA to work on COVID-19. PA was my first choice! Anyone familiar with this area?
Also, for those who are still waiting for the email, please hang in there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I was thankfully matched on Thursday and I am set to work in Tuscon, Arizona doing COVID-19 work. I'm still filtering through this forum, but can someone locate me to the official facebook group so I can get connected to some you guys? Thanks, and good luck to those of you waiting!
sydmfelder
Full Member
Hello everyone! I was thankfully matched on Thursday and I am set to work in Tuscon, Arizona doing COVID-19 work. I'm still filtering through this forum, but can someone locate me to the official facebook group so I can get connected to some you guys? Thanks, and good luck to those of you waiting!
Congrats!! Log into Facebook | Facebook
Breanna2020
Full Member
Congratulations! I believe the link to the facebook group is on page 5 of this forum. Best wishes to you!Hello everyone! I was thankfully matched on Thursday and I am set to work in Tuscon, Arizona doing COVID-19 work. I'm still filtering through this forum, but can someone locate me to the official facebook group so I can get connected to some you guys? Thanks, and good luck to those of you waiting!
anwitJesus
New Member
Hello everyone! I was thankfully matched on Thursday and I am set to work in Tuscon, Arizona doing COVID-19 work. I'm still filtering through this forum, but can someone locate me to the official facebook group so I can get connected to some you guys? Thanks, and good luck to those of you waiting!
I also got matched it Tucson!!!
Yay! Lets connect please! Is there an email I can reach you at?I also got matched it Tucson!!!
anwitJesus
New Member
I sent you a message (I think - not sure if it worked)Yay! Lets connect please! Is there an email I can reach you at?
anwitJesus
New Member
Did you all get to then go home for thanksgiving? Or back to your worksite?Yes, we started on October 15th at our host sites and then went to our training in Atlanta the week before Thanksgiving.
Hi everyone!! I received my call today! I will be doing Injury Prevention in Anchorage Alaska, would love to connect with anyone with Alaska or in Injury Prevention! Thank you in advance!
To anyone else waiting on phone calls or emails, hang in there, they are still making selections. I wish everyone nothing but the best!
To anyone else waiting on phone calls or emails, hang in there, they are still making selections. I wish everyone nothing but the best!
ongoingwanderer
New Member
Hi, I am going to Anchorage, Alaska as well. We should connect, you can message me.Hi everyone!! I received my call today! I will be doing Injury Prevention in Anchorage Alaska, would love to connect with anyone with Alaska or in Injury Prevention! Thank you in advance!
To anyone else waiting on phone calls or emails, hang in there, they are still making selections. I wish everyone nothing but the best!
This is fascinating, I actually had Anchorage as my first choice and was told it was not available this round when I received my call mid-May. So, I guess there really is no way of knowing. I was disappointed. We are subject to the needs, I was actually told Anchorage did NOT have a host site this year, but Bethel and Kotzebue were. Oh well. Congratulations to everyone and to those who got Alaksa, enjoy every bit you can!
JD
Edit: Clarification
JD
Edit: Clarification
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you all get to then go home for thanksgiving? Or back to your worksite?
Officially, we had Thanksgiving off, but the day after Thanksgiving (that Friday) was/is NOT a federal holiday. So, whether or not any individual PHAPer took that Friday off depended on a) if their host site was open that day or not (different states have different official state holidays), and b) whether or not the PHAPer wanted to use their vacation hours or save them for later. In the end, we all made different decisions.
gwessels
New Member
Hi everyone! 🙂 I got matched to a New Orleans position surrounding HIV/AIDS education. I got a confirmation email when I said yes to the match, and it told me that I’d receive an offer letter in 2-4 weeks. It’s been exactly 4 weeks and I haven’t received an offer letter from HR. Should I be concerned? I know that the pandemic has made things difficult so I’m not too worried, but I’m still nervous that maybe they changed their mind. What should I do? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Hi everyone! 🙂 I got matched to a New Orleans position surrounding HIV/AIDS education. I got a confirmation email when I said yes to the match, and it told me that I’d receive an offer letter in 2-4 weeks. It’s been exactly 4 weeks and I haven’t received an offer letter from HR. Should I be concerned? I know that the pandemic has made things difficult so I’m not too worried, but I’m still nervous that maybe they changed their mind. What should I do? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
I am received my phone call and my confirmation email and its been two weeks. I have not received my offer letter either. Awaiting the next steps...
Happyguy007
Full Member
Hi everyone! 🙂 I got matched to a New Orleans position surrounding HIV/AIDS education. I got a confirmation email when I said yes to the match, and it told me that I’d receive an offer letter in 2-4 weeks. It’s been exactly 4 weeks and I haven’t received an offer letter from HR. Should I be concerned? I know that the pandemic has made things difficult so I’m not too worried, but I’m still nervous that maybe they changed their mind. What should I do? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
I would suggest trying to reach out to someone. I received my call on July 10th. The HR rep stated that I should receive an email between 3-5 business days. I’m still waiting. She did also say that if it takes longer than two weeks to call and inquire.
mandibelle
Full Member
Hi! I got the HR call on July 9th exactly 4 weeks from the date of my placement email (June 11). From there they said to allow 2-6 business days for the official onboarding email. I haven’t received anything yet and was planning on giving them a call today, but now should I just wait 2 weeks?
I would suggest trying to reach out to someone. I received my call on July 10th. The HR rep stated that I should receive an email between 3-5 business days. I’m still waiting. She did also say that if it takes longer than two weeks to call and inquire.
Happyguy007
Full Member
Hi! I got the HR call on July 9th exactly 4 weeks from the date of my placement email (June 11). From there they said to allow 2-6 business days for the official onboarding email. I haven’t received anything yet and was planning on giving them a call today, but now should I just wait 2 weeks?
I was matched on June 30, got the call from HR on July 10th. I’ll probably contact someone next Monday if I have not gotten my email or offer letter.
sapiel1227
New Member
Hello guys,
Did you guys receive an official offer from HR office? It's been 24 days since I got an email saying that I accepted my match, but I still have not received any contacts from HR yet. Do you guys have any idea what's going on with current status?
Did you guys receive an official offer from HR office? It's been 24 days since I got an email saying that I accepted my match, but I still have not received any contacts from HR yet. Do you guys have any idea what's going on with current status?
LPublicHealth
Full Member
Hello guys,
Did you guys receive an official offer from HR office? It's been 24 days since I got an email saying that I accepted my match, but I still have not received any contacts from HR yet. Do you guys have any idea what's going on with current status?
I would reach out. They should've contacted you to verbally confirm and send you a tentative offer email. Everyone's timeline of contact is different but I would reach out to PHAP.
sapiel1227
New Member
Thank you for your advice. I got a reply back from PHAP and gave me HRO phone number to contact. And I just talked to someone from HRO who said that she just submitted a ticket to PHAP-related specialist and that person will contact me shortly. I guess I just have to wait more :/I would reach out. They should've contacted you to verbally confirm and send you a tentative offer email. Everyone's timeline of contact is different but I would reach out to PHAP.
allisonch
New Member
I got my email with my match on June 30 and haven't been contacted since. I called the HR office July 21 and they told me to be patient and that they're very busy. Hoping to hear something soon, good luck!Hello guys,
Did you guys receive an official offer from HR office? It's been 24 days since I got an email saying that I accepted my match, but I still have not received any contacts from HR yet. Do you guys have any idea what's going on with current status?
Congrats to everyone who has received an offer! I get to stay close to home in Columbus, OH!
Congrats! I’m Arielle, a former PHAP (class of 2013 ) and I currently work and live in Columbus, OH. Today I received an email that the health department where I currently work, tentatively matched with a PHAP. I figured I’d check this board to see if anyone matched with Columbus. Feel free to message me here or by email [email protected] if you’d like to connect.
Does anyone know if they are still matching??
Also, has anyone’s status been changed on USAjobs or FMS??
I’m wondering the same thing
Happyguy007
Full Member
The website says mid-June to late AugustDoes anyone know if they are still matching??
Also, has anyone’s status been changed on USAjobs or FMS??
The website says mid-June to late-August. I would say there is a strong possibility they are still matching.Does anyone know if they are still matching??
Also, has anyone’s status been changed on USAjobs or FMS??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called them today and she said that due to COVID things are moving differently/slowly and they are still selecting people. She also stated that they’re selecting more people than they expected due to COVID. I remember calling around the middle of July and the same lady told me the selection process was supposed to end the ending of July and now she’s telling me that it might not end late August. So it seems like they’re unsure about the deadlines and they’re still currently processing everything but it’s going to take awhile due to COVID.I’m wondering the same thing
I called them today and she said that due to COVID things are moving differently/slowly and they are still selecting people. She also stated that they’re selecting more people than they expected due to COVID. I remember calling around the middle of July and the same lady told me the selection process was supposed to end the ending of July and now she’s telling me that it might not end late August. So it seems like they’re unsure about the deadlines and they’re still currently processing everything but it’s going to take awhile due to COVID.
Makes sense, thanks for the info !!
Breanna2020
Full Member
Hey everyone,
I hope all is well. Got a call this afternoon. I’ve matched with Tribal health in Albuquerque, New Mexico. For those who are still waiting, they are still matching. Hang in there and don’t loose faith!
I hope all is well. Got a call this afternoon. I’ve matched with Tribal health in Albuquerque, New Mexico. For those who are still waiting, they are still matching. Hang in there and don’t loose faith!
Hey everyone,
I hope all is well. Got a call this afternoon. I’ve matched with Tribal health in Albuquerque, New Mexico. For those who are still waiting, they are still matching. Hang in there and don’t loose faith!
Congratulations!!! You gave me a little hope. 🙂
What zip code did you receive the call from, if you don’t mind me asking? I got a missed call from a number today but the person didn’t leave a message.
Breanna2020
Full Member
Congratulations!!! You gave me a little hope. 🙂
What zip code did you receive the call from, if you don’t mind me asking? I got a missed call from a number today but the person didn’t leave a message.
I got a missed call from a (404) area code and left a voice message.
Omg I’m glad to hear they’re still matching. Also, Congrats! No more stressing over a match! Was that your first choice?Hey everyone,
I hope all is well. Got a call this afternoon. I’ve matched with Tribal health in Albuquerque, New Mexico. For those who are still waiting, they are still matching. Hang in there and don’t loose faith!
Alkman2000
New Member
Hi everyone,
Just checking in to see if there are any past or current PHAP on this forum that were matched with with my host site in Tahlequah Oklahoma. If there is anyone please send me a message . Thanks
Just checking in to see if there are any past or current PHAP on this forum that were matched with with my host site in Tahlequah Oklahoma. If there is anyone please send me a message . Thanks
Breanna2020
Full Member
Thank you, didn’t expect a call after August. I can’t even remember what my first choice was. However, I’m pretty sure I did choose Houston but I can not remember. I am glad they did match me with New Mexico because I have so much interest working on tribal health.Omg I’m glad to hear they’re still matching. Also, Congrats! No more stressing over a match! Was that your first choice?
ayshamuhith
New Member
That's so exciting and exactly what I am interested in. If you could give some pointers/tips on creating an application that stands out, or advice about the personal statement and interview, and/or your experience throughout the process would be so helpful and I would greatly appreciate it!Hi Guys!
Current 2019 PHAP here. I work in Infectious Disease and Epidemiology.
Let me know if you have any questions and best of luck!
EmerodeB
New Member
Hi! Omg, I found the program too late and wanted to apply but it says it’s closed on the USA Jobs portal? How would I go about this? Thank you so much!Good luck to everyone who applied and thank you to all of those who gave advice! Also I just noticed they extended the deadline to 1/31...Did they maybe not reach a certain amount of applicants this year? Either way, time to sit back and let the application process do its thing.
Hi! Omg, I found the program too late and wanted to apply but it says it’s closed on the USA Jobs portal? How would I go about this? Thank you so much!
Unfortunately, you would have to wait until next year, as they only take applications on a yearly basis in January
natalieminaa
Full Member
Hey! I just got accepted to Jackson, MS for the 2021 cycle, I am hoping to connect with you! Unfortunately I can't send you a DM for some reason, but if you get this please DM me 🙂Hello, I am a 2018 PHAP located in Jackson, MS checking to see if the 2020 PHAP for Jackson, MS is on this thread? If so, please send me a direct message. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
davisme2021
New Member
Hi! I got placed in Frankfort, KY for the 2021 cycle! would you mind talking with me about your experience in KY/ have you come across anyone in Frankfort? Thanks!Hi all! I am a 2019 PHAP associate currently stationed in Manchester, KY. Congrats to everyone who has received their placements and sending positive vibes for those still waiting!
You can send your transcripts by mail or by email, the only requirement is that your college or university has to send it on your behalf. I requested an electronic transfer of my transcripts through my university and they sent it to CDC. The only word of advice I have with electronic transfers is that the links are time-limited, so make sure your HR person opens it before the deadline!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K