2021-2022 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Joplin) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, they sent out an email about month ago stating that recent workday updates removed it and that they were not able to put the waitlist status back on it.

Oh thank you! I just got waitlisted this past weekend so I didn’t know

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed Admissions earlier today to withdraw from the incoming 2026 class. Hopefully one of y'all on the waitlist gets in!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from the Joplin campus.
Oh goodness im dumb, this is the Joplin thread. Im on the mobile app. Leaving the comment up so someone browsing the thread might get laugh out of it 😶

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
How many people are in the accepted students groupme/FB?

Accepted today to Kcu-Joplin! I’m going to become a doctor!!!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got off the WL, but will have to decline the offer since I got in elsewhere. Hopefully it goes to one of you waiting!! Good luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just got a seat offer for the Joplin campus after being on the waitlist. I also have an acceptance to PCOM-PA. Most likely gonna stick with PCOM but I really do love KCU’s curriculum.

Accepted students: when are y’all planning on moving to Joplin before orientation? I just got an email recommending moving in 2 weeks before and I was planning on the weekend before lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted students: when are y’all planning on moving to Joplin before orientation? I just got an email recommending moving in 2 weeks before and I was planning on the weekend before lol
I'm planning on heading down to Joplin at the start of July

Just withdrew my acceptance at KC campus. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Was accepted off the WL today to Joplin. I will not be accepting, so I hope it goes to one of yall!

Reactions: 3 users
Current student at Joplin Campus about to start 4th year. Feel free to message with questions about the school, joplin, or even HPSP scholarship if yall have any.

I would love to get some input from current or former students on how to study well enough for in-class exams while simultaneously preparing for boards so I don't get overwhelmed during dedicated.

Is supplementing class material with AnKing, BnB, and Pathoma doable or is it going to be tough to handle with class lectures? How do you guys study while also having a steady workflow for board prep? I would love to hear some tips from current or former students.
About to start 4th year @ KCU-joplin. IMO KCU didactic curriculum is pretty tough when talking to my friends from other schools. It felt like they had a lot more free time than I did. The exams my first 2 years were pretty tough on the minutia with exam averages ranging in the low 70s with a curve up to an 85. The rigor of board prep kind of felt the same as I began board prep January of 2nd year due to how hard the curriculum was previously. Some of my other friends at other COMs felt like they had to ramp up for boards prior to dedicated. So as far as feeling overwhelmed, you kind of get use to it start 1st year.

Due to the 2 pass system from KCU, 1st year consist primarily of anatomy/phys/histo/micro and goes by systems. Second year is when they introduce path and pharm to those systems. In second year was when I supplemented with pathoma, sketchy micro/pharm, and anking. It is difficult to pass KCU exams with only board prep material so I would get a couple passes on the school lectures to try and figure out what would be high yield for the exam.

Just got accepted into KCU-Joplin yesterday. Any tips where to live, when to expect orientation to start, and any other information?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted into KCU-Joplin yesterday. Any tips where to live, when to expect orientation to start, and any other information?
Orientation starts on July 11th. If you join the Facebook group people are still posting in there about apartments and houses.

Just got off the waitlist today at around noon for the Joplin campus!!!!!!! Beyond excited!!!!! Glory to God!!! Anything is possible!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got off the waitlist today at around noon for the Joplin campus!!!!!!! Beyond excited!!!!! Glory to God!!! Anything is possible!!!
Amen!!!! Congratulations!! Campbell reserve which is 8 minutes from campus might have an apartment ready. Eventually it’s up to you. It’s a lovey town. I’m getting to know it.

• Love
Amen!!!! Congratulations!! Campbell reserve which is 8 minutes from campus might have an apartment ready. Eventually it’s up to you. It’s a lovey town. I’m getting to know it.
Thank you!!! Oh ok thank you for the information. I think I found housing today which is wild to say…accepted and found housing in one day…wild. But if it falls through I’ll definitely look into this area. Thank you!

I got accepted on Thursday!!! I am super happy! I’m also thankful for this thread it helped me cope while being on the waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if WL movement is still happening

For anyone still applying or waiting to be accepted, do not give up! All it takes is one acceptance!! You’re more than your mcat score or GPA! I got in with a 495! I wish you all the best
what were your acceptances ?

Hi everyone, interviewed here (Joplin) a week and a half ago and felt like 2/3 went well except one was a real hard ass on me, even with that I still felt like I had good answers and stuff but I can’t help but feel disappointed and a little discouraged as KCU truly is my top choice. I know it’s rolling admissions so I’m grateful to have interviewed early as well.

Has anyone felt like this and gotten accepted? It would be nice to hear some encouragement.