You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Marshall
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
noj86
Full Member
I believe so, I would email Cindy Warren.does marshall accept pre-II updates?
What email address are you using? I've reached out to her provided email address three times with specific questions and haven’t received any response. This was over a month ago lolI believe so, I would email Cindy Warren.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medstudent0026
Full Member
OOS II just now!! MCAT: 501, GPA (UGrad and Masters): 4.0
OMG congrats!! Ties to WV? I'm at a bordering state, so keeping my fingers crossed for this one >.<OOS II just now!! MCAT: 501, GPA (UGrad and Masters): 4.0
medstudent0026
Full Member
Yes from KY! But other than that no ties at all lolOMG congrats!! Ties to WV? I'm at a bordering state, so keeping my fingers crossed for this one >.<
noj86
Full Member
Good luck!!!OOS II just now!! MCAT: 501, GPA (UGrad and Masters): 4.0
Hi! I’m interviewing in 2 weeks (OOS but formerly IS)! I know there’s a confidentiality agreement, but can you share anything on the vibe you got? Was it low key or super formal?Congratulations!
I interviewed Friday they said decision would be made in two weeks!
I’m just trying to prepare, but there’s not as much on their website as other schools.
Last edited:
noj86
Full Member
It is the most casual, laidback interview I have ever had. I feel like they genuinely care to know your story. Be you, be honest, if you belong at Marshall those two things will get you there!Hi! I’m interviewing in 2 weeks (OOS but formerly IS)! I know there’s a confidentiality agreement, but can you share anything on the vibe you got? Was it low key or super formal?
I’m just trying to prepare, but there’s not as much on their website as other schools.
Has any OOS applicant received a rejection yet? I wonder if they send any OOS II's in January 🙁
I think up until early January! 🤞Has any OOS applicant received a rejection yet? I wonder if they send any OOS II's in January 🙁
Redneck_Intellect
New Member
I'm OOS and I interviewed on December 13th and still haven't heard anything back.Has any OOS applicant received a rejection yet? I wonder if they send any OOS II's in January 🙁
None for me yet >.<Any recent OOS II's? I believe the admissions office reopened yesterday...
medstudent0026
Full Member
Anyone care to share what day they received an acceptance from Marshall? I know the committee meets every other Tuesday, just curious as to when they might send out decisions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Forgot to say I got II on 12/20! I am OOS and have ties
dangerous_sadboi
Full Member
Any chance that they're still sending OOS IIs?
mitochondriarocks
Full Member
OOS applicants that interviewed in mid December, have y’all heard back yet? I still have not.
According to last year's discussion, it looks like most OOS applicants didn't hear anything until mid-January to February (I don't know if that will apply this year though)OOS applicants that interviewed in mid December, have y’all heard back yet? I still have not.
Redneck_Intellect
New Member
I called Mrs. Warren and asked about the timeline. She said if you interviewed in Mid-December, it's likely they have made the decision to place you on the reject list or alternate list. With that being said, she said they won't look at those alternate OOS people until the first week of February at the earliest. So, if you're OOS it looks like early February is the earliest we could find out.OOS applicants that interviewed in mid December, have y’all heard back yet? I still have not.
Are all of the spots in the class filled then?I called Mrs. Warren and asked about the timeline. She said if you interviewed in Mid-December, it's likely they have made the decision to place you on the reject list or alternate list. With that being said, she said they won't look at those alternate OOS people until the first week of February at the earliest. So, if you're OOS it looks like early February is the earliest we could find out.
mitochondriarocks
Full Member
Good to know, thank you for the information! Do you know if OOS applicants are currently only being placed on alternate or reject because the spots are full?I called Mrs. Warren and asked about the timeline. She said if you interviewed in Mid-December, it's likely they have made the decision to place you on the reject list or alternate list. With that being said, she said they won't look at those alternate OOS people until the first week of February at the earliest. So, if you're OOS it looks like early February is the earliest we could find out.
Also wondering - does this mean that OOS students should give up hope for a January II here?Are all of the spots in the class filled then?
LeahMDmaybe
Full Member
Congrats! Would you be comfortable sharing stats? And trad/non-trad?Forgot to say I got II on 12/20! I am OOS and have ties
So if we haven’t heard anything since our interview (OOS), is it safe to assume we are likely not going to get in?
medstudent0026
Full Member
I interviewed on December 8 (OOS) and I haven't heard anything. I emailed Nancy Webb to inquire about an update so I will reply to this thread when she emails me back!
Can you please ask them to send me one too 😀 Jokes aside, congrats! you should totally ask them thoI just received an interview invite! I am so excited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Redneck_Intellect
New Member
Not necessarily because the spots are full. All of the interviews must be done first and all of the in-state people must make their decision before they consider the OOS. So if you make it on the alternate list as an OOS, it’s the best you can do.Good to know, thank you for the information! Do you know if OOS applicants are currently only being placed on alternate or reject because the spots are full?
Redneck_Intellect
New Member
No I don’t think so. Mrs. Warren told me the last interviews would be conducted at the end of January!Also wondering - does this mean that OOS students should give up hope for a January II here?
mitochondriarocks
Full Member
Is this all applicants IS and OOS?No I don’t think so. Mrs. Warren told me the last interviews would be conducted at the end of January!
medstudent0026
Full Member
Ms. Warren emailed me back and I was waitlisted and the reason stated was because the class was full, and as spots came open alternates would be considered
mitochondriarocks
Full Member
When did you interview? I am sure spots will open come February!Ms. Warren emailed me back and I was waitlisted and the reason stated was because the class was full, and as spots came open alternates would be considered
Redneck_Intellect
New Member
Correct. But in an email today, she said the class is full and alternates would be considered when spots open up.Is this all applicants IS and OOS?
medstudent0026
Full Member
I interviewed Dec 8! I’m OOSWhen did you interview? I am sure spots will open come February!
mitochondriarocks
Full Member
I was placed on the alternate list today since I’m OOS, do y’all think there is still a chance to be moved?
mitochondriarocks
Full Member
based on the email I received today she said the spots in the class were full. So it would be alternate or reject.I have an interview today...does that automatically mean I will be put on the alternate or reject list if the spots are full?
How disappointing..... I was really hoping for the best here because of this school's low-key-ness 🙁based on the email I received today she said the spots in the class were full. So it would be alternate or reject.
I just interviewed and can confirm this. Apparently, they're waiting for the West Virginia applicants to make their decisions...based on the email I received today she said the spots in the class were full. So it would be alternate or reject.
happy_days_lol
Full Member
can anyone talk about what things stand out about marshall that attract students to marshall? i interview next week and wish they had more info sessions and stuff for us to learn more about their campus :/
(oos)
(oos)
(Accepted this cycle) Small class size, urban setting (for WV), service learning opportunities (they have a free primary care clinic), and clinical opportunities. Their curriculum is available online to browse and it’s in the “integrated” format. There’s also a lot of research addressing the common health problems of Appalachia, if you’re interested in doing research as an elective. While they don’t have A TON of information online, it just takes a little more work of looking through their site and possible contacting a current student to learn more if you’re really invested in going.can anyone talk about what things stand out about marshall that attract students to marshall? i interview next week and wish they had more info sessions and stuff for us to learn more about their campus :/
(oos)
EDIT: I'm OOS, but border state (for gap years). I grew up in WV with family still there. This was a big factor to my application, but not my #1 reason.
Last edited:
happy_days_lol
Full Member
thank you so much for this!!(Accepted this cycle) Small class size, urban setting (for WV), service learning opportunities (they have a free primary care clinic), and clinical opportunities. Their curriculum is available online to browse and it’s in the “integrated” format. There’s also a lot of research addressing the common health problems of Appalachia, if you’re interested in doing research as an elective. While they don’t have A TON of information online, it just takes a little more work of looking through their site and possible contacting a current student to learn more if you’re really invested in going.
EDIT: I'm OOS, but border state (for gap years). I grew up in WV with family still there. This was a big factor to my application, but not my #1 reason.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mediocrestudent97
Full Member
My interviewers emphasized service experiences and leadership heavily. Being a small town, I talked about the initiative I would take to perform service (start events/orgs etc) to impact the community of Huntington in an meaningful way. They both expanded on that heavily and took up a majority of my interview for each. Overall, look for something that clicks with them based on their tone or interest and roll with itcan anyone talk about what things stand out about marshall that attract students to marshall? i interview next week and wish they had more info sessions and stuff for us to learn more about their campus :/
(oos)
mediocrestudent97
Full Member
I also was OOSMy interviewers emphasized service experiences and leadership heavily. Being a small town, I talked about the initiative I would take to perform service (start events/orgs etc) to impact the community of Huntington in an meaningful way. They both expanded on that heavily and took up a majority of my interview for each. Overall, look for something that clicks with them based on their tone or interest and roll with it
mediocrestudent97
Full Member
Could be… I am OOS and interviewed in December. They told me in my post-interview discussion or whatever that they had like minimal spots left and were telling us to be optimistic about WL. Then I got in two days later so keep the faithbased on the email I received today she said the spots in the class were full. So it would be alternate or reject.
mediocrestudent97
Full Member
In a month I be there will be! Wishing you the bestI interviewed last week, and they said if they placed you on the waitlist, the admissions committee essentially accepted you. There were just no spots in the class left...