2021-2022 Marshall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does marshall accept pre-II updates?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe so, I would email Cindy Warren.
What email address are you using? I've reached out to her provided email address three times with specific questions and haven’t received any response. This was over a month ago lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!

I interviewed Friday they said decision would be made in two weeks!
Hi! I’m interviewing in 2 weeks (OOS but formerly IS)! I know there’s a confidentiality agreement, but can you share anything on the vibe you got? Was it low key or super formal?

I’m just trying to prepare, but there’s not as much on their website as other schools.

Last edited:
Hi! I’m interviewing in 2 weeks (OOS but formerly IS)! I know there’s a confidentiality agreement, but can you share anything on the vibe you got? Was it low key or super formal?

I’m just trying to prepare, but there’s not as much on their website as other schools.
It is the most casual, laidback interview I have ever had. I feel like they genuinely care to know your story. Be you, be honest, if you belong at Marshall those two things will get you there!

Reactions: 1 user
Has any OOS applicant received a rejection yet? I wonder if they send any OOS II's in January :(

Any recent OOS II's? I believe the admissions office reopened yesterday...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone care to share what day they received an acceptance from Marshall? I know the committee meets every other Tuesday, just curious as to when they might send out decisions

Ms. Warren said interview invites would be sent in December and early January

OOS applicants that interviewed in mid December, have y’all heard back yet? I still have not.

OOS applicants that interviewed in mid December, have y’all heard back yet? I still have not.
According to last year's discussion, it looks like most OOS applicants didn't hear anything until mid-January to February (I don't know if that will apply this year though)

I received mine on Wednesday. Two weeks after my interview. If they told you they would follow up within a certain time frame and they have not, I would recommend reaching out. I had to call a few times before my interview to check on my application status.

I called Mrs. Warren and asked about the timeline. She said if you interviewed in Mid-December, it's likely they have made the decision to place you on the reject list or alternate list. With that being said, she said they won't look at those alternate OOS people until the first week of February at the earliest. So, if you're OOS it looks like early February is the earliest we could find out.

I called Mrs. Warren and asked about the timeline. She said if you interviewed in Mid-December, it's likely they have made the decision to place you on the reject list or alternate list. With that being said, she said they won't look at those alternate OOS people until the first week of February at the earliest. So, if you're OOS it looks like early February is the earliest we could find out.
Are all of the spots in the class filled then?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Good to know, thank you for the information! Do you know if OOS applicants are currently only being placed on alternate or reject because the spots are full?

I just received an interview invite! I am so excited!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
So if we haven’t heard anything since our interview (OOS), is it safe to assume we are likely not going to get in?

I interviewed on December 8 (OOS) and I haven't heard anything. I emailed Nancy Webb to inquire about an update so I will reply to this thread when she emails me back!

I just received an interview invite! I am so excited!
Can you please ask them to send me one too :D Jokes aside, congrats! you should totally ask them tho

Good to know, thank you for the information! Do you know if OOS applicants are currently only being placed on alternate or reject because the spots are full?
Not necessarily because the spots are full. All of the interviews must be done first and all of the in-state people must make their decision before they consider the OOS. So if you make it on the alternate list as an OOS, it’s the best you can do.

Ms. Warren emailed me back and I was waitlisted and the reason stated was because the class was full, and as spots came open alternates would be considered

• Care
  • Sad
I was placed on the alternate list today since I’m OOS, do y’all think there is still a chance to be moved?

I have an interview today...does that automatically mean I will be put on the alternate or reject list if the spots are full?

I have an interview today...does that automatically mean I will be put on the alternate or reject list if the spots are full?
based on the email I received today she said the spots in the class were full. So it would be alternate or reject.

based on the email I received today she said the spots in the class were full. So it would be alternate or reject.
How disappointing..... I was really hoping for the best here because of this school's low-key-ness :(

I just interviewed and can confirm this. Apparently, they're waiting for the West Virginia applicants to make their decisions...

can anyone talk about what things stand out about marshall that attract students to marshall? i interview next week and wish they had more info sessions and stuff for us to learn more about their campus :/

(oos)

can anyone talk about what things stand out about marshall that attract students to marshall? i interview next week and wish they had more info sessions and stuff for us to learn more about their campus :/

(oos)
(Accepted this cycle) Small class size, urban setting (for WV), service learning opportunities (they have a free primary care clinic), and clinical opportunities. Their curriculum is available online to browse and it’s in the “integrated” format. There’s also a lot of research addressing the common health problems of Appalachia, if you’re interested in doing research as an elective. While they don’t have A TON of information online, it just takes a little more work of looking through their site and possible contacting a current student to learn more if you’re really invested in going.

EDIT: I'm OOS, but border state (for gap years). I grew up in WV with family still there. This was a big factor to my application, but not my #1 reason.

Last edited:
(Accepted this cycle) Small class size, urban setting (for WV), service learning opportunities (they have a free primary care clinic), and clinical opportunities. Their curriculum is available online to browse and it’s in the “integrated” format. There’s also a lot of research addressing the common health problems of Appalachia, if you’re interested in doing research as an elective. While they don’t have A TON of information online, it just takes a little more work of looking through their site and possible contacting a current student to learn more if you’re really invested in going.

EDIT: I'm OOS, but border state (for gap years). I grew up in WV with family still there. This was a big factor to my application, but not my #1 reason.
thank you so much for this!!

(oos)
My interviewers emphasized service experiences and leadership heavily. Being a small town, I talked about the initiative I would take to perform service (start events/orgs etc) to impact the community of Huntington in an meaningful way. They both expanded on that heavily and took up a majority of my interview for each. Overall, look for something that clicks with them based on their tone or interest and roll with it

My interviewers emphasized service experiences and leadership heavily. Being a small town, I talked about the initiative I would take to perform service (start events/orgs etc) to impact the community of Huntington in an meaningful way. They both expanded on that heavily and took up a majority of my interview for each. Overall, look for something that clicks with them based on their tone or interest and roll with it
I also was OOS

Could be… I am OOS and interviewed in December. They told me in my post-interview discussion or whatever that they had like minimal spots left and were telling us to be optimistic about WL. Then I got in two days later so keep the faith

I interviewed last week, and they said if they placed you on the waitlist, the admissions committee essentially accepted you. There were just no spots in the class left...

I interviewed last week, and they said if they placed you on the waitlist, the admissions committee essentially accepted you. There were just no spots in the class left...
In a month I be there will be! Wishing you the best