2021-2022 Marshall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know the chances of getting in after being waitlisted? I’m OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the chances of getting in after being waitlisted? I’m OOS
Same. Ms. Warren said they see a lot of movement in February and March. Hopefully, a lot of spots open up during that time.🤞 Unfortunately, all we can do right now is wait.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Marshall accepts update letters before even receiving an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS MD/PhD A today, interviewed 12/20. Will most likely decline this offer, I hope this opens up a spot for one of you!

Has anyone on the alternate list been accepted yet? I wonder if spots are starting to open up...

Has anyone on the alternate list been accepted yet? I wonder if spots are starting to open up...
I wake up every morning and go to sleep every night wondering the exact same thing

Reactions: 1 user
Could be… I am OOS and interviewed in December. They told me in my post-interview discussion or whatever that they had like minimal spots left and were telling us to be optimistic about WL. Then I got in two days later so keep the faith
Was your acceptance notice an email or phone call?

Does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on the alternate list heard anything yet?

I unfortunately do not think we alternate listers will hear anything until late April

I unfortunately do not think we alternate listers will hear anything until late April
I thought we would hear something in February or March, but hopefully, we hear something this month!

This is the month! (Or maybe early May lol). Good luck to everyone!

Withdrawing my acceptance this week. Hoping my seat goes to one of y’all that is waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 2 users
mid-April and still haven't heard anything :(

mid-April and still haven't heard anything :(
Don’t lose hope. I think it’s going to come down to that May 2nd date when everyone with multiple acceptances has choose to enroll somewhere!

I heard that there are currently 60 people on the waitlist. They expect only a few spots to open up, and if they do, West Virginia applicants automatically get priority. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much hope for anyone on the waitlist that is out of state :(

I heard that there are currently 60 people on the waitlist. They expect only a few spots to open up, and if they do, West Virginia applicants automatically get priority. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much hope for anyone on the waitlist that is out of state :(
That’s crushing. When/where did you hear this

I know...I literally felt so sad after hearing that as I really want to go here. Someone I know spoke to admissions on Monday, and that's what they said.

Do you have any idea how many people on that WL are WV residents? If it is super low, maybe we stand a chance?

Not sure. But even if there were a few, they would still get priority over anyone out of state as Marshall is a state school. I interpreted that to mean that anyone out of state has little to no chance

• Sad
However, maybe some miracle will happen, and at least one of us will get accepted. Only time will tell.

It's possible that those who are already accepted are committed to Marshall and are only holding one acceptance.

I think you can indicate "Plan to Enroll" in the AMCAS application, and Marshall probably gets notified about how many students intend to matriculate

However, I think we may know more when the "Commit to Enroll" option becomes available...

They know how many students they accepted have one or multiple offers until the second… they also have aggregate data telling them who chose Marshall w the plan to enroll tool. That’s how they get a abstract headcount as to what to expect rn

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything recently?

No clue. Is it worth asking Cindy or Nancy?

I would ask either one of them if you can. I would guess that some movement would happen soon as the "commit to enroll" tool became available...

JFYI Commit to enroll was available starting yesterday.

I will ask soon and get back to y'all

Emailed them both earlier today. As soon as I know something y’all will too!

OOS accepted off of the waitlist earlier today via phone call! interviewed and waitlisted in January

for anyone wondering, they mentioned that today was the first day of waitlist movement, so there is surely more to come from here for anyone waiting--hang in there!

OOS accepted off of the waitlist earlier today via phone call! interviewed and waitlisted in January

for anyone wondering, they mentioned that today was the first day of waitlist movement, so there is surely more to come from here for anyone waiting--hang in there!
OMG! That's amazing! Did they say if there were any other spots open?

Also, do you mind sharing your stats?

Hoping there is more waitlist movement this week! 🤞