2021-2022 Ponce-STL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,
Does anyone know how the school determines if you qualify for in-state tuition? Thanks!

It’s based on having income from Illinois, Missouri, or Puerto Rico for at least 2 years. Your residency may or may not play a role. The financial aid team evaluate each case based on information provided from your FAFSA as well as your AMCAS application.

Members don't see this ad.

It’s based on having income from Illinois, Missouri, or Puerto Rico for at least 2 years. Your residency may or may not play a role. The financial aid team evaluate each case based on information provided from your FAFSA as well as your AMCAS application.
Do you know if it is possible to change residency status as a student?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, has there been any movement recently?? I know that yesterday was STL’s MSMS graduation ceremony, maybe this week we’ll see movement, but it looks like the last two weeks they haven’t reached out to anyone have they?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed with a group interview the last week of May. Waiting to hear back still.

Does anyone have an idea of when the school has to have the class finalized? I know a May interview is late, but I was hoping for an idea of when we might hear something

Does anyone have an idea of when the school has to have the class finalized? I know a May interview is late, but I was hoping for an idea of when we might hear something
Idk. I know they only plan on having a class size of 30 ppl but it seems like they interviewed a lot. Classes start Aug 1 so they definitely should have the class chosen before June is out! I hope lol

They’ll have the class finalized by June 30.

Is there a spanish requirement for this campus or spanish interview? Also do you have to be IS. Do they accept OOS. Will be applying this cycle. Thanks in advance!

Is there a spanish requirement for this campus or spanish interview? Also do you have to be IS. Do they accept OOS. Will be applying this cycle. Thanks in advance!
No Spanish requirement. And interview is a group interview in English. You don’t have to be in state either

Was there a secondary prompt for Ponce STL, if so can anyone please share :)

Just spoke to admissions office. Any and all pending decisions will be released tomorrow, June 15th.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just spoke to admissions office. Any and all pending decisions will be released tomorrow, June 15th

I was in contact with them via email, they told me today that they will be finalizing the class in the next few weeks. Best of luck to everyone!! Regardless of the result, don’t forget why you want to be a physician, and continue to pursue your goal till you achieve it!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just spoke to admissions office. Any and all pending decisions will be released tomorrow, June 15th
they told me the same thing a few weeks ago so SO GLAD someone else was told the same thing!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else nervously waiting for decisions to come out today? This is not easy :/

Anyone else nervously waiting for decisions to come out today? This is not easy :/
raise your hand if you’ve refreshed your email 1937 times already. 🥲🙋🏻‍♀️lololol

• Haha
just spoke to them just now and the person said that the ponce campus is handling admission notifications and that the last they had heard it was going to be today. they also said if i didn’t hear today to email dean kumar and see what’s up!

I swear I gained so much patience out of this cycle. I got an email yesterday from the admissions office saying a few weeks, looks like another person heard it was going to be the 30th for final decisions. But why would 2 people be informed that today is the final decision day and we don’t hear anything from them.
And [mention]Ellesandra319 [/mention] thank you for the update, I’m just not sure if I should reach out to Dean Kumar and ask her since I was told in the email it would be few weeks but you were JUST told that it was supposed to be today.
This is frustrating because I need to re-study for the MCAT to take and re-apply but it’s hard to keep up the motivation when I keep thinking I have a chance at starting this August and can save so much time, energy, and money.

just spoke to them just now and the person said that the ponce campus is handling admission notifications and that the last they had heard it was going to be today. they also said if i didn’t hear today to email dean kumar and see what’s up!

Just called the office and apparently everyone is flooding in with the same concern. Not sure why word spread around their administration that June 15th was a solid enough date to tell applicants.. I was also told to email dean Kumar if nothing comes in today. Apparently the PR office is in charge of releasing the emails

This is their first cohort at STL, so it’s kind of expected that a lot of things for them aren’t 100% clear. I think the school is really trying it’s best to manage it all, I just wish we can find out already so we can start thinking about our next steps and plan accordingly.
Stay positive and hope for the best everyone!

This is their first cohort at STL, so it’s kind of expected that a lot of things for them aren’t 100% clear. I think the school is really trying it’s best to manage it all, I just wish we can find out already so we can start thinking about our next steps and plan accordingly.
Stay positive and hope for the best everyone!
yep yep… honestly that’s a great outlook on it, as hard as it is. definitely trying to stay positive!

Does anyone have an idea how many students have been accepted/how many seats available? Also how many are waiting for a decision?

are people still waiting for late may interviews or are they definitely sending emails today?

Hey guys, did anyone reach out to Dean Kumar because they didn’t hear back yesterday? Any updates?

Hey guys, did anyone reach out to Dean Kumar because they didn’t hear back yesterday? Any updates?
I emailed the ponce st louis admissions email and did not hear back

I haven't heard back. Could be nothing or a way of them telling me hey look at the other programs we offer because I was not accepted lol. Its a general overview for programs.

I haven't heard back. Could be nothing or a way of them telling me hey look at the other programs we offer because I was not accepted lol. Its a general overview for programs.
i’d bet if it’s from the stl campus admissions it probs means nothing other than that somehow you made it on their promotional mailing list, especially since decisions are sent out from PR and not STL. hold on to hope! 😂🙌🏼

I reached out late last night via email at [email protected]. No response back yet.
did yall receive the open house invitation?
Nope. Is the open house hosted in PR? I agree with everyone else, it might just be a general promotional email lol No reason to stress 😌

called the PR campus and they confirmed the STL class is full and they’re just waiting to see if students withdraw to attend other schools in order to offer more spots. If no one withdraws then we’ll all be getting “class if full” emails by June 30th.

called the PR campus and they confirmed the STL class is full and they’re just waiting to see if students withdraw to attend other schools in order to offer more spots. If no one withdraws then we’ll all be getting “class if full” emails by June 30th.
Thanks for letting us know mate, makes being in limbo much more bearable. Good luck to everyone!

Ouch 🥲 heartbroken. But hoping for the best.

Thanks for the update. Not gonna lie pretty bummed :/.. Does this mean we're waitlisted??

wowzers super bummed but SO SO appreciate you taking the initiative and letting us know! i’m supposed to put a non refundable deposit for an apartment at the school i was accepted to tomorrow and i feel better doing that because of this. but who knows what may happen!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything — positive or negative? Or talked to any admissions staff?

Any updates anyone?

Nothing. Called the PR campus and spoke to someone at admissions who reassured me that if I interviewed and haven’t heard back, then a decision hasn’t been made yet. She also said they’re still conducting interviews apparently.

But at this point, I take every new piece of information with a grain of salt Just gotta be patient and hope for the best!