2021-2022 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any movement today?

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone been accepted off the AL recently (in the last two may waves) who was put on the list in fall 2021?

asking because it seems like everyone who has gotten accepted recently was alternate listed in 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was Alt listed for 3 years. I'm still on it.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I feel with you guys. Good luck tomorrow, hopefully there will be another round.
The med student who did my forum prior to the interview said she got accepted like 3 weeks before classes started so don’t lose hope yet!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Any new updates? I'm losing hope now and starting my new AMCAS app. Has anyone given them a call lately to ask about the AL movement? :(

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Any new updates? I'm losing hope now and starting my new AMCAS app. Has anyone given them a call lately to ask about the AL movement? :(
Same, I will see you on the 2022-2023 thread friend

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 9.42.28 PM.png

So just ignore this right?

Just wanted to say I love you all and thanks for all the support.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
No R yet? Seemed like today was the day based on previous thread
Will probably be sometime next week - end of May or early June.

And going by previous years I don't think they're gonna reject everyone on the alternate list. Because leaving a list of a couple hundred people in limbo would just be cruel, especially if you're near the bottom.

I think they'll leave a couple of people on at the top of the list according to their ranking (top 20-30 I guess), in the event they have accepted people who committed to attending pulling out between now and the start of classes.

Reactions: 1 user
Is Albany done sending out As??? Likes what's going on..

Is Albany done sending out As??? Likes what's going on..
They said they will finalize their class in mid June according to their admissions office when I called few weeks back. However, their answer seems to be very generic... lol so we never know what is exactly going on over there.

• Sad
They said they will finalize their class in mid June according to their admissions office when I called few weeks back. However, their answer seems to be very generic... lol so we never know what is exactly going on over there.
That sounds like they will be done sending As in mid June then

So basically we just have to wait until next month for Wl movement to start

Really annoying not to have any answers when the next application opens up in a week. A little ridiculous.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
So I just called and they confirmed class isn’t full yet and there will be movement up to mid June. Hang in there!! 🤞

Reactions: 7 users
out of curiousity (i know 100% that there is no point discussing this question in depth), how full do yall think the class is?? and how many people are on the alternate list??

out of curiousity (i know 100% that there is no point discussing this question in depth), how full do yall think the class is?? and how many people are on the alternate list??
I would like to know this as well. Maybe someone can check previous threads and see how many kids get off the AL late may through June?

I would guess around 5-10 seats left at this point

Why so?????
it is purely my guess but there was only 1 A from AL after 5/14 last year reported on the thread. So given there is no bulk AL movement going on every Tuesday and AMC reduced their AL size to 20-30 around this time last year, I am speculating that around 5-10 seats are still rotating.

• Sad
it is purely my guess but there was only 1 A from AL after 5/14 last year reported on the thread. So given there is no bulk AL movement going on every Tuesday and AMC reduced their AL size to 20-30 around this time last year, I am speculating that around 5-10 seats are still rotating.
That's depressing af

I would guess around 5-10 seats left at this point
The Class of 2026 group on facebook has 111 members as of this post. No idea how many of the people on there are incoming students, current students, or interested students who are not committed to enrolling.

Thankfully though we won't have to wait much longer, we'll get some sort of closure by mid-June then and we can move on lol.

The Class of 2026 group on facebook has 111 members as of this post. No idea how many of the people on there are incoming students, current students, or interested students who are not committed to enrolling.

Thankfully though we won't have to wait much longer, we'll get some sort of closure by mid-June then and we can move on lol.
I really think there will be an R wave within the next week, last year they rejected quite a few people before the AMCAS submission date.

• Sad
Got the A off the alternate list yesterday!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Wow, nice! Can I ask if you'll be accepting the offer haha
Yes, I will be! Stay hopeful, I've seen you a bunch on this thread.:) I do have an inkling that the class isn't full yet.

• Love
For anyone that was accepted I just want to double check that there isn't a deposit that needed to be put down to hold our spot? There was no information about sending one in but just wanted to double check

For anyone that was accepted I just want to double check that there isn't a deposit that needed to be put down to hold our spot? There was no information about sending one in but just wanted to double check
Can I ask what day you were accepted? Just curious

I also didn’t see anything about a deposit. Just the acceptance checklist on the AMC portal and the “plan to enroll” on AAMC.

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been another wave of R’s yet.. are we still thinking that will come? I doubt there are very many A’s left to give out

Reactions: 3 users
I'm pretty surprised too. Someone said that they called and were informed that seats were still available. Hasn't the commit to enroll date passed? I'm not quite sure.

I'm pretty surprised too. Someone said that they called and were informed that seats were still available. Hasn't the commit to enroll date passed? I'm not quite sure.
I called the school and they said CTE is July 5th. There is still Alt list movement happening.