2021-2022 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the A yesterday as well!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called & left a voicemail yesterday because mine is also saying “deadline passed”

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure everyone on the AL, including myself, will be extremely stressed and anxious for the next couple days/weeks. Remember to not dwell too much on it and keep yourself busy with work, exercise, family & friends. Good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Does anyone here who got accepted and is actually going know anything about a private FB group for the class 2026? Can’t seem to find it

Does anyone here who got accepted and is actually going know anything about a private FB group for the class 2026? Can’t seem to find it
and heres the second look stuff

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone who was AL who never got the email from Albany asking to confirm their AL spot?
did you not receive the alternate response form on 4/27? I think you need to submit that form to be on the AL. Have you checked junk mail?

did anyone get off the AL today ? I just wish I could get either A or R today.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
did you not receive the alternate response form on 4/27? I think you need to submit that form to be on the AL. Have you checked junk mail?
I did receive the email! I was just wondering if getting that the email really meant anything because there hasn't been much movement :(

Can I confirm if people who clicked submit on the alternate response form are seeing the deadline has passed message on the portal?

I wish these portal systems could be maintained enough to not cause unnecessary stress to an already stressful process...

Can I confirm if people who clicked submit on the alternate response form are seeing the deadline has passed message on the portal?

I wish these portal systems could be maintained enough to not cause unnecessary stress to an already stressful process...
same. I wish they would fill the seats that were withdrawn last week. I think there were at least 3-4 withdrawals after last week's movement according to this thread.

same. I wish they would fill the seats that were withdrawn last week. I think there were at least 3-4 withdrawals after last week's movement according to this thread.
Don't forget that there are people who are (wisely lol) not posting or even on this forum at all in this process. Those spots could very well have gone out and we'd never know.

Yes! I literally submitted it three time and called them again today just to confirm that it was actually submitted 😪 am I going crazy? Yes.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Don't forget that there are people who are (wisely lol) not posting or even on this forum at all in this process. Those spots could very well have gone out and we'd never know.
I don't wanna believe that..... I am constantly refreshing SDN and my email every 15 seconds lol.

Everyone... Please update this thread if you get accepted today! I promise I will do too if I do.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Any movement today?

Albany, I am demanding A or R today!!!

Last edited:
Hi all! Does anyone know when the commit to enroll deadline for AMC is?

Not to alarm anyone but I think it's really over now

• Hmm
I just got the A off the alternate list!
Congrats!!

Approximately when did you interview? It seems like the general trend is that people coming off the AL are those who interviewed later in the cycle so I was curious.

This level of negative, neurotic speculation isn't helping. Is it really so hard to keep it informative on this forum

Why do you say that :( ?
Based on last year's thread:/ I think only like 1 person reported an A after May 10th, and it seems like they send As out in batches so if anyone else got accepted they likely also got the email around 12:30 pm, but just haven't reported it yet. I think the chances are just so slim now.

This level of negative, neurotic speculation isn't helping. Is it really so hard to keep it informative on this forum
I think that it is ok to be realistic with application season quickly approaching again! If it bothers you, I'm truly sorry, but it's a public forum

Reactions: 1 users
Based on last year's thread:/ I think only like 1 person reported an A after May 10th, and it seems like they send As out in batches so if anyone else got accepted they likely also got the email around 12:30 pm, but just haven't reported it yet. I think the chances are just so slim now.
Sad to say but I have to agree.

You're probably right but until they send out that mass-rejection email I think it's ok to have some hope. Like sure it's not worth expecting anything but a possibility always exists until it doesn't. The fact that we are still on the alternate list and weren't culled out early-on means that the school has at least some interest in us.

Maybe my thought process is warped though, I don't know.

You're probably right but until they send out that mass-rejection email I think it's ok to have some hope. Like sure it's not worth expecting anything but a possibility always exists until it doesn't. The fact that we are still on the alternate list and weren't culled out early-on means that the school has at least some interest in us.

Maybe my thought process is warped though, I don't know.
That's true and that would be amazing if they gave out some more As

Agreed -- I think last year this time people were also getting rejected off the WL so don't count yourself out until they say otherwise! Also it doesn't seem like Albany is making people commit to enroll so there is room for movement off the WL later on too!

Also if it counts for anything, I had reached out to Albany to confirm if I was still on the AL list because I was neurotically sending in the form repeatedly when they sent that initial email. They responded that I was all set on the AL list so if anyone was worried about that you're probably all set too!

• Care
Accepted 9:30am PST. It was in my spam folder!
Interviewed 12/10, AL email 4/27.

My only interview out of 30 schools! I can’t stop crying. I literally opened my email after reading the past few posts about it being over and my heart sank, so I can’t believe this!

Best of luck everyone on your cycles!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Great job everyone on AL. We all deserve a clap.
ive been lurking on this thread since page like 14, and just made an account to feel a little less alone in the wait. It's so frustrating, i can't enjoy anything in my normal life properly😣

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Do you guys think there will be another batch of acceptances?
***Just a hunch at best*** but I have a feeling there may be. Last year's thread might have just not had as many people posting about their A's later in May but years prior had A's off the AL throughout May and a good amount on June 1st. Also, again, probably not the most reliable source but the Facebook page for Albany c/o 2026 only has 56 members right now of which I'm sure a few are admins and/or current med students too. Take this (and other hunches) with a grain of salt since it is all speculation, but I agree with those saying it's not over until we've got the rejection email so go out, get some sun, and try to relax. If we've waited this long we can wait just a bit longer :).

• Care
Reactions: 12 users