2021-2022 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if the batches are related to their alt list rank?
Good question...although I think it may be more likely it's related to interview date. I interviewed early on, so that would make sense why I got this early as well. Perhaps they add people in batches after they've been interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

Good question...although I think it may be more likely it's related to interview date. I interviewed early on, so that would make sense why I got this early as well. Perhaps they add people in batches after they've been interviewed?
I actually had one of the final few interview dates and I got my email early on as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually had one of the final few interview dates and I got my email early on as well.
My interview was early December and I received the form and financial aid email. I also checked in about the format of the aid email being different and said to wait for my admissions decision before doing anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was early February and I got the financial aid email too.

Interviewed late-October, didn't receive any financial aid emails but I already received the alternate form as well.

Really feels like who and when they're sending forms/financial aid information is really random, so I don't think thank waitlist rank has anything to do with it. I'm thinking they might be sending the form in batches so everyone doesn't rush to submit it and take their site down haha

Reactions: 4 users
Can I just say I hate weekends at the moment?! I keep checking my email and then realize that there won’t be anything…ugh!!!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Withdrew my A here as well! Hopefully it goes to one of you! Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
What are we thinking for the rest of the week, my fellow AL friends? Has there been another batch of alternate response forms? The deadline for the first batch was today.

Reactions: 1 users
What are we thinking for the rest of the week, my fellow AL friends? Has there been another batch of alternate response forms? The deadline for the first batch was today.
Hope that we get some A’s rolling out tomorrow!! Probably won’t be until the end of the week though..

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone email the office about the new financial aid email? I’m on the AL so I’m not sure if I should do anything about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A! Interviewed mid March, put on the Alternate List mid April! So happy!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got the A! Interviewed mid March, put on the Alternate List mid April! So happy!
Congrats that is awesome!!!! Just because I'm curious did you get the email that went out last week asking about staying on the alternate list and did you confirm your spot??

Congrats that is awesome!!!! Just because I'm curious did you get the email that went out last week asking about staying on the alternate list and did you confirm your spot??
Yes I did, I got the email last week and confirmed my spot twice because I was nervous it didn't go through lol

Reactions: 2 users
Also got the A about an hour ago! Interviewed end of February, AL in April

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I'm reliving my anxiety that I had from post interview to AL now...knowing they are sending out A's. Lol I am #unwell.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
All these late interviews getting the A's... makes me feel even more uncertain having had an early interview 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
For those who got accepted recently, did you ever receive financial aid emails?

Trying to figure out if there’s any rhyme or reason as to why or when they’re sending those out.

Did anyone who was put AL not get the email to confirm their spot in the AL list? Trying to see if that email even means anything too

Also got the A! Interviewed January! Not sure if I’m going to take it or not so keep the faith everyone on the AL right now who didn’t hear back!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Also got the A! Interviewed January! Not sure if I’m going to take it or not so keep the faith everyone on the AL right now who didn’t hear back!
Sorry to be so neurotic but did you get it around the same time a couple hours ago that the other people did or did you get it a little later? Just wondering if they’re being sent out over a period of time or all at once

For those who got accepted recently, did you ever receive financial aid emails?

Trying to figure out if there’s any rhyme or reason as to why or when they’re sending those out.
I did not, I think you only get those emails if you submitted FASFA there, which I didn’t.

Sorry to be so neurotic but did you get it around the same time a couple hours ago that the other people did or did you get it a little later? Just wondering if they’re being sent out over a period of time or all at once
Got it at 10:35

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted off the AL list! I’ll be giving up my A here so I hope one of you amazing folks get it!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Would someone please confirm if you guys who got As today got the AL response form last week pleasee

Another round of acceptances next week then??? Or are we expecting more this week?

Got the AL response form last week, but didn't hear anything this morning. Others in the same boat?

Reactions: 3 users
Alright so last year initial As were sent May 6th and then another A was reported four days later on May 10th. Then, May 20th a ton of people were rejected from the AL and again on May 26th. One person was accepted on June 11th. I'm not sure how much hope there is for those of us not accepted today. Ok I need to go to work now and then work on my DO apps for next year lol

• Care
Alright so last year initial As were sent May 6th and then another A was reported four days later on May 10th. Then, May 20th a ton of people were rejected from the AL and again on May 26th. One person was accepted on June 11th. I'm not sure how much hope there is for those of us not accepted today. Ok I need to go to work now and then work on my DO apps for next year lol
Time to stop holding my breath then… :(

• Care
I see all those people that interviewed in March and got accepted. I interviewed March too so i gotta manifest it. Please Albany senpai take me.

Pwease 👉👈🥺

Last edited:
  • Haha
I submitted my AL form last week and was able to see it saved on my portal. i just checked today though and its giving me a message saying "sorry, the deadline has passed." I emailed and left a VM to admissions asking about this. did anyone else who was sent the AL email (and not given the A this morning) see this?

I submitted my AL form last week and was able to see it saved on my portal. i just checked today though and its giving me a message saying "sorry, the deadline has passed." I emailed and left a VM to admissions asking about this. did anyone else who was sent the AL email (and not given the A this morning) see this?
I see the same thing, I was worried too and was going to send an email. Seems like its normal.

Yeah I did.

My situation is similar to yours. I called them today and they confirmed that it went through.

Last edited:
It would be so much easier if they just rejected me now so I can start prepping for next year without that glimmer of hope

• Care
My situation is similar to yours. I called them today and they confirmed that it went through.
Do you remember approximately what time/number you called them at?

I called them a couple days back as well, but was left on voicemail and nobody got back to me. Was thinking I might've caught them at a time when nobody was in office, or maybe they don't check their voicemails?

Do you remember approximately what time/number you called them at?

I called them a couple days back as well, but was left on voicemail and nobody got back to me. Was thinking I might've caught them at a time when nobody was in office, or maybe they don't check their voicemails?
I called them at 9:30 PST. The number I called was 518-262-5521.