2021-2022 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Am I the only one that had competed a secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

many last cycle got interviews with GPAs down to 3.0
I'm sure they'll look at your app.
Would this apply to below 3.0 GPAs :/ my SMP GPA is near a 3.9. When I called it seemed like the office staff didn't know what I was talking about...

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, just wanted to ask yall about my chances at Meharry medical college. My GPA is pretty good with a 3.98 but I am kinda worried bout my 500 mcat. However, I have a long commitment to serving underserved communities and youth mentoring at inner-city high schools.
you are fine. people get into that school with below 500s. all talk.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed to ask about secondary status and this was the response:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your continued interest in Meharry Medical College and for contacting the Office of Admissions & Recruitment. The Secondary Application has not been released yet. We anticipate that it will be released in early fall. At that time, you will receive communication with more information on submission and fee payment.

At this time, your application is still under review. You will receive a notification from our office as further status updates are available.

Reactions: 6 users
Is anyone having trouble seeing their status? Every time I try to log in it says access denied?

I haven't gotten secondary yet. I think there was one batch that went out like back in June and been silence since then.

I’m so confused so did only ED applicants receive secondaries or do they now have a screening process?

I just wish they would stop leading us on saying they haven't released it yet when we know in fact some people have gotten it. Like I was verified over a month ago.

Reactions: 5 users
I thought Meharry was a HBCU? How are AA/black people the least represent demographic of this pipeline program?

Attachments

• meharry.PNG
    meharry.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 254
Reactions: 1 users
I emailed them and they said they haven't sent out secondaries yet and are working on releasing them on the portak. So I think the portal might be down? Not sure how this affects the people who already did the secondaries. I haven't gotten it yet, like most of us on here.

I emailed them and they said they haven't sent out secondaries yet and are working on releasing them on the portak. So I think the portal might be down? Not sure how this affects the people who already did the secondaries. I haven't gotten it yet, like most of us on here.
Weird a bunch of us got secondaries a long time ago

I wouldn’t stress about secondaries right this second y’all. HBCUs have a longggggg season and there is still plenty of time to be in the running.

I wouldn’t stress about secondaries right this second y’all. HBCUs have a longggggg season and there is still plenty of time to be in the running.
Hard to keep that motivation when you submit early and watching everyone else get IIs

Hard to keep that motivation when you submit early and watching everyone else get IIs
That is super valid. But people’s time will come. I know people who submitted July/August and don’t get interviewed till January. All I’m trying to say is don’t rush the process. We’re all in the for the long haul. There’s nothing we can do but be patient.

Yeah but to an extent it reflects poorly on the school to say you haven't sent out secondaries when you clearly have. I'm not even thinking about II's because that's not in the cards if I don't receive a secondary.

[edit] it's just frustrating and confusing when there's a huge communication issue this early on. I get the being patient thing, I do but this just seems odd to me.

I don't know if I got screened out or what but looking at the 2020-2021 Meharry thread, it looks like secondaries started getting sent to everyone in September :cautious:

Reactions: 2 users
I don't know if I got screened out or what but looking at the 2020-2021 Meharry thread, it looks like secondaries started getting sent to everyone in September :cautious:
I submitted my secondary on 7/13 though, so I am confused why they are telling people they have not sent their secondary out

I submitted my secondary on 7/13 though, so I am confused why they are telling people they have not sent their secondary out
literally their email said they haven't released their secondary yet.

I emailed them asking about my application because I submitted it back in June and still haven't gotten a secondary. They replied saying they haven't released secondaries and expect them to go out soon.

What the heck? I sent my secondary out on July 17...? How have they not gone out yet?

Anyone in the FAP not get a fee waiver for the secondary? The website says they issue fee waivers upon documentation of the AAMC FAP and I sent that to admissions and they responded saying there is no fee waiver for secondaries. However there is a portion on the submission page with a space to input the fee waiver code.

I'm still so confused by people saying they havent sent out the secondary. I submitted my primary 7/26, received secondary 7/27 and submitted it 7/28 and got an email saying I was complete/ under review.

I'm still so confused by people saying they havent sent out the secondary. I submitted my primary 7/26, received secondary 7/27 and submitted it 7/28 and got an email saying I was complete/ under review.
Are you IS or OS? what are your stats? I submitted mine on July 4th and never received the secondary!!

Are you IS or OS? what are your stats? I submitted mine on July 4th and never received the secondary!!
OOS and stats are nothing great... 3.7 cgpa, 3.4sgpa, 512 MCAT. I'm not sure what's going on, maybe it was just a mistake

Anyone in the FAP not get a fee waiver for the secondary? The website says they issue fee waivers upon documentation of the AAMC FAP and I sent that to admissions and they responded saying there is no fee waiver for secondaries. However there is a portion on the submission page with a space to input the fee waiver code.

Same here! I submitted primary to them on 7/19, got secondary 7/19, submitted secondary on 7/30, and got email saying my app was complete / under review. I have FAP, I emailed them about wavier twice and never got an answer back from them and I even called their office and no one answered. When I submitted it did not ask for payment at all so I assumed it was waved and then got the complete email. For reference, I am an OOS applicant.

Reactions: 1 users