2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No interview yet smh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Admitted today after admit hold in Feb! It says I have 10 days to pay a deposit in order to reserve my slot for the Class... does anyone know if i can remain on other waitists after this 10 days? the deadlines are a bit confusing
Congratulations ! I think you can remain on other waitlists after the 10 days.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I’m sad it’s tough. Not one school! But I’m praying and counting on Meharry to pull through for a brotha.

Just got the A today!!

Was placed on admit hold after March interview. Not sure if I will be accepting yet.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats on the As today y'all! Hoping us late March/early April interview folks are next to be blessed🙏🏾

They’re accepting students all the way into June, up to right before classes begin. If Meharry is your only option, be prepared to move within a 24-72 hour period. Just my two cents..

Got the A today after admit hold in Feb! It says I have 10 days to pay a deposit in order to reserve my slot for the Class... does anyone know if i can remain on other waitists after this 10 days? the deadlines are a bit confusing
Yes. You have to choose PTE for one school at that point but you then remain on waitlists till your chosen school’s CTE date.

Reactions: 1 user
Got Admit Hold this afternoon. Praying for some movement between now and orientation!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Current student here (again). Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! And for those still waiting on interviews, on the waitlist, etc. you're still in this! Meharry doesn't do soft rejections so if you're still under review, you still have a shot. If you're OOS, it may be beneficial to emphasize to them that Meharry is your first choice, whether that be in your interview or in a letter. This close to the start of the year, they often pull from people close by. Also yes, people leave the class all the way up to at least the first day. Some of my classmates were accepted a couple days before or even a week after. I was accepted 4 weeks before. Yes, it's stressful but if you really want to come, hang in there.

I saw some of y'all talking about the cost of living/loans. Yeah it's pretty steep, I'm not gonna lie, but try not to worry too much about that. Meharry has hired a financial consultation group that gives us advice and does free one-on-ones starting from your first year. Also, remember at the end of it all, you'll be a doctor. The loans will get paid eventually.

In terms of housing, if you haven't already, get on the waitlist for on-campus housing. They are almost done with a new building, and there's also Morena, Towers, and Dorothy Brown. They all offer different things. In order of comfortability/niceness, Dorothy->Towers->Morena->The new one. Morena and the new one are gonna be the nicest ones. Towers (where I live) isn't that bad depending on what unit you're in and it's suuuuper cheap so you can save money. I'm talking $675/month. Dorothy is even cheaper but it's a dorm. Yes, there's issues with both Towers and Dorothy, but I feel the money saved and the convenience of being on campus definitely makes it worth it. A bunch of my classmates moved on campus after 1st year because they couldn't keep up the cost of living elsewhere. I'd be more than happy to give more info on any of these places if anyone wants to know.

Also any other questions y'all might have, feel free to drop them here! I'll try to answer them as best I can. A lot is changing at Meharry right now, but I'll try to give as much info as possible.

Reactions: 9 users
**Housing**: Hello friends, I have a 4 bedroom house on 4 acres 10min north of campus. Would be a lovely, quiet home for anyone looking to get off campus.

Pre ii r, complete 11/28

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Current student here (again). Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! And for those still waiting on interviews, on the waitlist, etc. you're still in this! Meharry doesn't do soft rejections so if you're still under review, you still have a shot. If you're OOS, it may be beneficial to emphasize to them that Meharry is your first choice, whether that be in your interview or in a letter. This close to the start of the year, they often pull from people close by. Also yes, people leave the class all the way up to at least the first day. Some of my classmates were accepted a couple days before or even a week after. I was accepted 4 weeks before. Yes, it's stressful but if you really want to come, hang in there.

I saw some of y'all talking about the cost of living/loans. Yeah it's pretty steep, I'm not gonna lie, but try not to worry too much about that. Meharry has hired a financial consultation group that gives us advice and does free one-on-ones starting from your first year. Also, remember at the end of it all, you'll be a doctor. The loans will get paid eventually.

In terms of housing, if you haven't already, get on the waitlist for on-campus housing. They are almost done with a new building, and there's also Morena, Towers, and Dorothy Brown. They all offer different things. In order of comfortability/niceness, Dorothy->Towers->Morena->The new one. Morena and the new one are gonna be the nicest ones. Towers (where I live) isn't that bad depending on what unit you're in and it's suuuuper cheap so you can save money. I'm talking $675/month. Dorothy is even cheaper but it's a dorm. Yes, there's issues with both Towers and Dorothy, but I feel the money saved and the convenience of being on campus definitely makes it worth it. A bunch of my classmates moved on campus after 1st year because they couldn't keep up the cost of living elsewhere. I'd be more than happy to give more info on any of these places if anyone wants to know.

Also any other questions y'all might have, feel free to drop them here! I'll try to answer them as best I can. A lot is changing at Meharry right now, but I'll try to give as much info as possible.
thank you so much for this. do any of the on campus housing options accommodate dogs?

What is considered comfortable rent based on what we’ll receive?

Also how are we tested in our classes? Are they NMBE style questions?

thank you so much for this. do any of the on campus housing options accommodate dogs?
Not unless it’s an emotional support animal or service dog, and you’re only allowed to have one animal. No pets allowed otherwise.

All exams are nbme exams. Weekly quizzes are internal and written by the professors.

Hey! Does anyone know the likelihood of an admit-hold applicant being accepted into this cohort?
I was wondering too about the whole Admit Hold process. At what point do you need to do the whole "plan to enroll"? Do you wait until the actual acceptance? Do you do anything at all other than wait? It seems so similar to being wait-listed.

I was wondering too about the whole Admit Hold process. At what point do you need to do the whole "plan to enroll"? Do you wait until the actual acceptance? Do you do anything at all other than wait? It seems so similar to being wait-listed.
You can't select "Plan to Enroll" until a school makes you an offer of admission. "Admit Hold" is kind of like telling you you're very high on the WL and when anyone drops from the class you'll be one of the first to take their place.
It's still essentially a WL position right now.

Reactions: 3 users
You can't select "Plan to Enroll" until a school makes you an offer of admission. "Admit Hold" is kind of like telling you you're very high on the WL and when anyone drops from the class you'll be one of the first to take their place.
It's still essentially a WL position right now.
That's what I thought, but the vernacular was throwing me off. Thank you for clarifying.

Hm depends on the rest of your expenses. I think anything under $1400 is doable with the right budget. Under $1200 will be the most comfortable. Also depends how far you are from school, if you have to spend a lot on gas. Lots of factors.

Was there a ton of interest from current students in the new housing units (LLC) since it is the nicest?

Am I the only crazy person checking this thing over and over hoping for an update? Has there been any movement out there?

Reactions: 4 users
Am I the only crazy person checking this thing over and over hoping for an update? Has there been any movement out there?
you're def not the only one lol. There were some people that got pulled from "Admit Hold" on Monday, so maybe we can expect more movement at the beginning of next week?

They’re accepting students all the way into June, up to right before classes begin. If Meharry is your only option, be prepared to move within a 24-72 hour period. Just my two cents..
It is not my only option, but it is my favorite option. I like so many things about the school, Including the people who interviewed me. I genuinely liked them.

you're def not the only one lol. There were some people that got pulled from "Admit Hold" on Monday, so maybe we can expect more movement at the beginning of next week?
That is good to hear. I'm not sure if I just didn't do a good job of keeping track but it seemed like there was little movement when I checked this thread. This is the only resource I know of.

Yeah but last I checked the waiting list hadn't opened yet.
I think it did! 2 weeks ago. But I believe they’re still putting together the waitlist. I was trying to gauge if I would be higher on the waitlist or not so thanks for the answer!

I think it did! 2 weeks ago. But I believe they’re still putting together the waitlist. I was trying to gauge if I would be higher on the waitlist or not so thanks for the answer!
The waiting list for LLC opened on April 21st.
Thanks for letting me know! It's early and nothing was announced to us on campus, so if you put yourself on the list, you're probably near the top.

Is Meharry med school still interviewing? I think the last acknowledgment I received from them was in December or January that my application was under review or something.

Is Meharry med school still interviewing? I think the last acknowledgment I received from them was in December or January that my application was under review or something.
so I've creeped on their previous years threads and saw interviews going out until May, but honestly it can't hurt to reach out and ask

Hey yall
so when I was under review I was told they wouldn't be accepting updates or LOIs at that time.....now that im done interviewing is it open season again? I already emailed to ask (no response yet) but was curious as to if any of you know?

Hey yall
so when I was under review I was told they wouldn't be accepting updates or LOIs at that time.....now that im done interviewing is it open season again? I already emailed to ask (no response yet) but was curious as to if any of you know?
I sent one when I was waiting bc it was getting close to class starting (I think I sent it about 4 weeks before), but I was also never told that they weren't accepting updates.

I sent one when I was waiting bc it was getting close to class starting (I think I sent it about 4 weeks before), but I was also never told that they weren't accepting updates.
kk thank you!! also did you get in or is this a shot in the dark