2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to you all! I had a feeling y’all would get the A today because there were quiet a few removed from the group today.
Like you said, we only need one acceptance, and I got my top pick.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I'm also admit hold but nothing yet, when did y'all interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

Congrats on becoming Meharrians!

I'm moving out my Townhouse (owned by a Meharrian), which is literally a 3 minute drive down the street from Meharry, mid June. Female tenant only (sorry fellas), preferably older non-traditional student. NO PETS.

You get your own room (it's spacious), walk in closet, and own bathroom. Other room is occupied by my roommate (who's chill and quiet) also has her own bathroom in her room and works from home. Next door neighbors are quiet, (2 of them are Meharrians).

Safety wise- i mean if you're not dumb and walking at 3am while not paying attention to surroundings, you're fine. Area is also being gentrified so you interpret that as you deem fit. Free off street parking available as well.

Trash is free. With utilities (water, gas, electric, internet), you'll pay ~$850 a month. (Yea, you read that right). Oh, I never had any pest issues in the 3+years I've been here.

Possible to have room furnished with ergonomic desk with chair, small dresser, and bed for a low up front cost. PM me for more info!
Hey, it won't let me PM you.

Reactions: 1 user
wow, i interviewed before y'all. nothing yet. admit hold.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on admit hold, but I'm Canadian. What are my chances? I really hope being international doesn't hinder my chances. And congrats to all those who had the A today.

I got the A this afternoon!!! I was on Admit hold, and I interviewed in late March/ early April!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I also got the A from the Admit Hold list earlier today!!! This honestly feels like a dream 😭

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congratulations to everyone and PRAYING they continue to pull from the admit hold/waitlist! 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Wait, if a friends cyms shows Alternate List…is this the same as Admit Hold or is it Waitlist? I never understood the difference between Admit Hold and Waitlist. The term Admit Hold was never mentioned in email post interview few weeks ago

Wait, if a friends cyms shows Alternate List…is this the same as Admit Hold or is it Waitlist? I never understood the difference between Admit Hold and Waitlist. The term Admit Hold was never mentioned in email post interview few weeks ago
If you get the Admit Hold decision, it is explicitly stated in the email that the admissions committee voted to admit you in the class. The only thing stopping you from being fully admitted is a seat not currently being available. I am not 100% sure what the Alternate List is because that term was never mentioned on any email correspondence pre and post interview for me.

• Care
I'm on admit hold, but I'm Canadian. What are my chances? I really hope being international doesn't hinder my chances. And congrats to all those who had the A today.
From what I remember, I believe we have two Canadians in our class. So they do accept folks from the international pool. Wishing you the best! : )

If you get the Admit Hold decision, it is explicitly stated in the email that the admissions committee voted to admit you in the class. The only thing stopping you from being fully admitted is a seat not currently being available. I am not 100% sure what the Alternate List is because that term was never mentioned on any email correspondence pre and post interview for me.
Thank you. What did your Cmys say when you were in admit hold status? Perhaps it was something different than my friend.

Thank you. What did your Cmys say when you were in admit hold status? Perhaps it was something different than my friend.
i was on Admit hold and my CYMS tool didn’t show anything for Meharry until i was accepted.

• Care
Does anybody know if the total amount listed on a scholarship offer is for all four years, or is it that amount disbursed yearly
Hi did you get a specific email saying you got a scholarship offer? Im wondering how that works

They send you the offer itself by email which you must then sign and send back to the office of financial aid
jumping on this wave of questions, how soon after acceptance did yall get your offer? Hoping I qualify but I was also accepted late so hoping for the best

Hey yall whats the likelihood of them still interviewing at this point?

jumping on this wave of questions, how soon after acceptance did yall get your offer? Hoping I qualify but I was also accepted late so hoping for the best
yeah i was wondering if i get any scholarships or qualify . I got accepted May 1 but haven't received anything

Reactions: 1 user
Is meharry still sending interviews at this point, its almost the end of may?

at this point, I honestly don't think so BUT I could be wrong. Have your tried contacting admissions? They're usually very responsive

Is meharry still sending interviews at this point, its almost the end of May?
I believe that they are. I had my first interview at the beginning of April and just now had my last one this past weekend and he asked me which interview this was for me. Which would lead me to believe that other interviews are still happening.

I believe that they are. I had my first interview at the beginning of April and just now had my last one this past weekend and he asked me which interview this was for me. Which would lead me to believe that other interviews are still happening.

From what I heard, I believe there is one more interview round remaining, but I may be wrong.
3) For current students - in past years, does anyone know if the entire admit hold list is usually accepted/do they move onto the waitlist? Or do they not even get through the whole admit hold list?
Umm, honestly I don't think anyone can give a definitive answer to this question. I would hope they are able to get through all on that list but who knows?

Last edited:
This just in: on Thursday, if you haven’t already paid your second deposit, and your deadline is tomorrow @11:59pm CT, Meharry will be rescinding your acceptance.

I realize that sentence is not grammatically correct, but my brain hurts today.

Anywho, the point is, there’s still hope for the admit holds.

Reactions: 3 users
This just in: on Thursday, if you haven’t already paid your second deposit, and your deadline is tomorrow @11:59pm CT, Meharry will be rescinding your acceptance.

I realize that sentence is not grammatically correct, but my brain hurts today.

Anywho, the point is, there’s still hope for the admit holds.
what did they say about interviews?

Current student here (again). Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! And for those still waiting on interviews, on the waitlist, etc. you're still in this! Meharry doesn't do soft rejections so if you're still under review, you still have a shot. If you're OOS, it may be beneficial to emphasize to them that Meharry is your first choice, whether that be in your interview or in a letter. This close to the start of the year, they often pull from people close by. Also yes, people leave the class all the way up to at least the first day. Some of my classmates were accepted a couple days before or even a week after. I was accepted 4 weeks before. Yes, it's stressful but if you really want to come, hang in there.

I saw some of y'all talking about the cost of living/loans. Yeah it's pretty steep, I'm not gonna lie, but try not to worry too much about that. Meharry has hired a financial consultation group that gives us advice and does free one-on-ones starting from your first year. Also, remember at the end of it all, you'll be a doctor. The loans will get paid eventually.

In terms of housing, if you haven't already, get on the waitlist for on-campus housing. They are almost done with a new building, and there's also Morena, Towers, and Dorothy Brown. They all offer different things. In order of comfortability/niceness, Dorothy->Towers->Morena->The new one. Morena and the new one are gonna be the nicest ones. Towers (where I live) isn't that bad depending on what unit you're in and it's suuuuper cheap so you can save money. I'm talking $675/month. Dorothy is even cheaper but it's a dorm. Yes, there's issues with both Towers and Dorothy, but I feel the money saved and the convenience of being on campus definitely makes it worth it. A bunch of my classmates moved on campus after 1st year because they couldn't keep up the cost of living elsewhere. I'd be more than happy to give more info on any of these places if anyone wants to know.

Also any other questions y'all might have, feel free to drop them here! I'll try to answer them as best I can. A lot is changing at Meharry right now, but I'll try to give as much info as possible.
Quick update on housing:
Dorothy Brown is being torn down so no longer an option. Finally saw the new building and the apartments are very nice. $1400 for a one bedroom.

Reactions: 2 users