Current student here (again). Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far! And for those still waiting on interviews, on the waitlist, etc. you're still in this! Meharry doesn't do soft rejections so if you're still under review, you still have a shot. If you're OOS, it may be beneficial to emphasize to them that Meharry is your first choice, whether that be in your interview or in a letter. This close to the start of the year, they often pull from people close by. Also yes, people leave the class all the way up to at least the first day. Some of my classmates were accepted a couple days before or even a week after. I was accepted 4 weeks before. Yes, it's stressful but if you really want to come, hang in there.
I saw some of y'all talking about the cost of living/loans. Yeah it's pretty steep, I'm not gonna lie, but try not to worry too much about that. Meharry has hired a financial consultation group that gives us advice and does free one-on-ones starting from your first year. Also, remember at the end of it all, you'll be a doctor. The loans will get paid eventually.
In terms of housing, if you haven't already, get on the waitlist for on-campus housing. They are almost done with a new building, and there's also Morena, Towers, and Dorothy Brown. They all offer different things. In order of comfortability/niceness, Dorothy->Towers->Morena->The new one. Morena and the new one are gonna be the nicest ones. Towers (where I live) isn't that bad depending on what unit you're in and it's suuuuper cheap so you can save money. I'm talking $675/month. Dorothy is even cheaper but it's a dorm. Yes, there's issues with both Towers and Dorothy, but I feel the money saved and the convenience of being on campus definitely makes it worth it. A bunch of my classmates moved on campus after 1st year because they couldn't keep up the cost of living elsewhere. I'd be more than happy to give more info on any of these places if anyone wants to know.
Also any other questions y'all might have, feel free to drop them here! I'll try to answer them as best I can. A lot is changing at Meharry right now, but I'll try to give as much info as possible.