2021-2022 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got the email acknowledging that they received my primary 😂👯‍♂💅🏼
Me too! Is this normal? I submitted a while ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email saying they received my primary that I submitted 2 months ago???

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
so I noticed I received an email from them in July that thanked me for sending in my 2021 AMCAS and got the 2022 AMCAS today. So whoever commented that they had a glitch in their system might be right.

Reactions: 3 users
same after receiving an email on 6/30 after submitting my primary saying this

LOLOLOLOL. I'm glad I wasnt think only one who got pump faked.

I thought it was going to be a rejection email TBH so I am fine with being strung along a little longer.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I thought it was going to be a rejection email TBH so I am fine with being strung along a little longer.
I swore it was an R too lol. I submitted the secondary almost 3 months ago at this point so I was sure it had to be that and not an acknowledgment for a 3-month-old secondary :rofl: I'm with you though, let's keep patiently waiting. After all acknowledgment >> R.

I applied this Monday and got the acknowledgement email today like those who submitted primary in July

I just got an email saying they received my primary that I submitted 2 months ago???
Same! I got scared for a second I thought it was a pre-secondary R 😂

So what cycle are we in? The first confirmation letter (6/30) thanks me for my app of the 2021 cycle and now today’s email thanks for my interest in the 2022 cycle. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
So what cycle are we in? The first confirmation letter (6/30) thanks me for my app of the 2021 cycle and now today’s email thanks for my interest in the 2022 cycle. 🤦🏽‍♀️
I think it’s 2022 Cycle. AMCAS App says 2022 Entering class at top

does Meharry send secondaries to everyone? I'm so confused as to whether i should start pre-writing or not

if not to everyone, what's the screening criteria?

does Meharry send secondaries to everyone? I'm so confused as to whether i should start pre-writing or not

if not to everyone, what's the screening criteria?
From the information the website I just found it look like they have GPA and MCAT minimums.

"Is there a minimum grade point average I should attain before applying to medical school?
The Admissions Committee considers a science GPA of 3.5 and a MCAT score of 498 or a 26 on the old MCAT."

From the information the website I just found it look like they have GPA and MCAT minimums.

"Is there a minimum grade point average I should attain before applying to medical school?
The Admissions Committee considers a science GPA of 3.5 and a MCAT score of 498 or a 26 on the old MCAT."
That isn’t a hard cutoff. That is what they suggest to be “competitive”

I thought I sent a primary out during my initial batch when my App was verified, and I just realized I never sent it out lmao.

But now Im happy cause it doesnt even matter cause NONE of us got a secondary yet.

*cue High School Musical*
"We're all in this together!"

Reactions: 4 users
I thought I sent a primary out during my initial batch when my App was verified, and I just realized I never sent it out lmao.

But now Im happy cause it doesnt even matter cause NONE of us got a secondary yet.

*cue High School Musical*
"We're all in this together!"
my favorite (sarcastic) feeling is not even really knowing what schools you applied to bc you either applied to too many or for whatever reason you just don't know. fat relate.

but in all seriousness, yup, lotta us still waiting

Guys I got the email telling me they got my primary again today..........

Reactions: 9 users
Guys I got the email telling me they got my primary again today..........
Same. That's my 3rd. I thought it was a pre-secpndary R and almost died.

Reactions: 2 users
Bruh what is this school doing lol?

Reactions: 4 users
Like I get it, can you just give me a secondary or an R already instead of playing with my emotions?

Meharry does have a ranking system.
Do not be tricked by their lies when they tell you they do not have one.
As many of us 4th years just found out Meharry has "quartiles".
They spent the last 3 years saying there was no ranking system. We go to get our dean's letter and found out otherwise.

You could have a 3.7GPA and end up in the 4th quartile. So there you are about to apply to residency and the first thing they see on your application is 4th, 3rd, or 2nd quartile. You are competing against the best type-a people out there. A 3.7 might have you in the top quartile of your undergrad, but in a medical school that still has a grading system and GPAs that could land you at the bottom of the barrel. And top programs arent going to give you the time of day when they see "3rd quartile" on your application even if you have a solid 3.7 GPA. A neurosurgery residency program will not look in the direction of someone in the 4th, 3rd, or even 2nd quartile.

• Wow
  • Care
They spent the last 3 years saying there was no ranking system. We go to get our dean's letter and found out otherwise.

You could have a 3.7GPA and end up in the 4th quartile. So there you are about to apply to residency and the first thing they see on your application is 4th, 3rd, or 2nd quartile. You are competing against the best type-a people out there. A 3.7 might have you in the top quartile of your undergrad, but in a medical school that still has a grading system and GPAs that could land you at the bottom of the barrel. And top programs arent going to give you the time of day when they see "3rd quartile" on your application even if you have a solid 3.7 GPA. A neurosurgery residency program will not look in the direction of someone in the 4th, 3rd, or even 2nd quartile.
I’m sorry this happened to you and thanks for the heads up. They definitely should have been more transparent about that.

So for applicants who have already turned in the secondary, have you all received any emails different from the rest of us?

So for applicants who have already turned in the secondary, have you all received any emails different from the rest of us?
I didn’t get this email from today that everyone else is referencing but no special communication otherwise.

Okay meharry another primary confirmation

Wait so we are expected to get a 4.0 in medical school ???

Wait so we are expected to get a 4.0 in medical school ???
If you go to a school that grades, you will def want to. Some schools do P/F without ranking though and you won't be as pressured to be perfect

If you go to a school that grades, you will def want to. Some schools do P/F without ranking though and you won't be as pressured to be perfect
“Faints “

4.0, research ,step and community service . Sounds … fun

So 3 of the 4 HBCUs arent true P/F. And Meharry has student rankings? Wonderful. /s

• Haha
just got the secondary a couple of minutes ago. did anyone else have the video interview tab and it saying "This page does not apply to you. Please proceed to the next page."?? thanks

Which one is pass fail?
CDU/UCLA. they are grandfathered in with UCLA cohort so they follow UCLA's curriculum and grading(with minor exceptions during clerkship regarding rotation location options) is my understanding.

just got the secondary a couple of minutes ago. did anyone else have the video interview tab and it saying "This page does not apply to you. Please proceed to the next page."?? thanks
Wait you got a secondary today??

Do you mind posting the prompts?

Why do you wish to attend Meharry medical college school of medicine

please describe a personal situation of failure , significant challenge or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned from that situation.

I received a secondary the first day my primary app was verified — 3.5 gpa, 503 mcat, ORM. I submitted my secondary a few weeks ago and received a complete email shortly after, and have continued to receive several receipts of primary/secondary applications like others mentioned. I don’t know if it’s some glitch in the system but it seems like they do a holistic review so I wouldn’t lose hope if you’re waiting!