2021-2022 Texas A&M Dental Post-Baccalaureate Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

future_dentist00

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I didn’t see a thread for this year’s TAMCOD PBP application cycle. So here’s a thread for everyone. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Third cycle for me. The stats and competition are insane this year!

Members don't see this ad :)
First time applying as well. Good luck to everyone! 🤞🏼

Reactions: 2 users
I am unaware of a date, but it might be delayed due to their office being closed today. Hopefully we all get an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone who applied for PBP this year have an interview with dental school?

:eek:o_O Has anyone heard back? or had friends hear back?
I hate how nervous I am about waiting, I feel like everything is at a stand still until I get a response from them.
I hope everyone is getting back on their feet okay after last week's weather.

:eek:o_O Has anyone heard back? or had friends hear back?
I hate how nervous I am about waiting, I feel like everything is at a stand still until I get a response from them.
I hope everyone is getting back on their feet okay after last week's weather.
Was wondering the same thing. I haven’t heard anything back, but my assumption is we would hear by the end of the week, since the notification date is about a month out

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone else that just got an invite too. What are your stats? URM? School?

Cool. Just trying to figure out what it is they want. I hit 5/9 but after 3 years of silence I’m done.

Anyone gets an invite today? I believe they only send 1 round of interview invite. So if we do not hear from them do you think it's safe to assume you're rejected?

I've seen in past threads people emailed them after they sent out the interview email, and they (the office) replied that they were still reviewing applications but I never saw anyone say that they got a later email (or second round email) after that.

Really hoping to hear back from them soon.
Also I’m sure everything got delayed considering Texas weather last week

They are likely done. I've never heard them request a second round of interviews because the first one gives them 30 applicants for 15-16 spots.

“Notification date: No later than March 26, 2021” says it on their website.
Keep y’all’s heads up, Hope everyone here get an interview!

“Notification date: No later than March 26, 2021” says it on their website.
Keep y’all’s heads up, Hope everyone here get an interview!
That's the date they announce acceptance. Interviews are happening next week.

I've seen in past threads people emailed them after they sent out the interview email, and they (the office) replied that they were still reviewing applications but I never saw anyone say that they got a later email (or second round email) after that.
That's because they don't.

Hey guys I just got an interview invite
So you got an interview to SPEP and PBP both? Why are they not cross referencing to give other people opportunities? You’re the second person I know of who got interviewed for both while the many of us are hoping for anything at all. No animosity towards you, just recognizing that the overlap creates less opportunities for others who applied.

So you got an interview to SPEP and PBP both? Why are they not cross referencing to give other people opportunities? You’re the second person I know of who got interviewed for both while the many of us are hoping for anything at all. No animosity towards you, just recognizing that the overlap creates less opportunities for others who applied.
Yeah during SPEP interview they said that if I get into the PBP, they have alternates for SPEP. I got accepted to SPEP today but if I get into PBP I just tell them, and they’ll get the alternate.

Yeah during SPEP interview they said that if I get into the PBP, they have alternates for SPEP. I got accepted to SPEP today but if I get into PBP I just tell them, and they’ll get the alternate.
When is ur interview? :)

I finished my interviews this week. I had an interview with Dr. Burch on Monday 3/8, Dr. Miller on 3/9, and Dr. Simons 3/11. The interview with Dr. Burch was set for 20 minutes but lasted about 25 minutes. Dr. Miller interview was for 20 minutes but ending up being about 35 minutes, and the interview with Dr. Simons was about 55 minutes long. They are all pretty chill and I enjoyed the conversation with each of them. The interview with Dr. Simons was the most intense and kind of clinical b/c of the routine questions that she has to ask, but I assume that is because she's the director of the program. Dr. Miller mentioned that they were interviewing about 23 and accepting 16. Interviews were this week and next week.

Reactions: 4 users
I finished my interviews this week. I had an interview with Dr. Burch on Monday 3/8, Dr. Miller on 3/9, and Dr. Simons 3/11. The interview with Dr. Burch was set for 20 minutes but lasted about 25 minutes. Dr. Miller interview was for 20 minutes but ending up being about 35 minutes, and the interview with Dr. Simons was about 55 minutes long. They are all pretty chill and I enjoyed the conversation with each of them. The interview with Dr. Simons was the most intense and kind of clinical b/c of the routine questions that she has to ask, but I assume that is because she's the director of the program. Dr. Miller mentioned that they were interviewing about 23 and accepting 16. Interviews were this week and next week.
congrats! would you mind sharing your stats?

congrats!!! what do you mean by clinical?

I just mean that they were standard interview type questions that you would typically expect if you have experience interviewing.
ohh gotcha! would u mind sharing what were some of their questions?

I finished my interviews this week. I had an interview with Dr. Burch on Monday 3/8, Dr. Miller on 3/9, and Dr. Simons 3/11. The interview with Dr. Burch was set for 20 minutes but lasted about 25 minutes. Dr. Miller interview was for 20 minutes but ending up being about 35 minutes, and the interview with Dr. Simons was about 55 minutes long.
How were your interviews so long lol.

My interview with Dr. Burch was fairly short despite me asking him several questions and talking about the program and his work. He's laid back and non-confrontational. He asked me about myself, my study habits, what I'm doing now, what I want to do as a dentist, and a few other basic questions. (15 mins).

My interview with Dr. Miller was really good. She set a timer at the beginning for 20 minutes. She asked me about myself, why I've been pursuing dentistry, my strengths and weaknesses, what I want to do in the future, and a few other qs one would expect for this. She talked a lot about the program and I was able to ask follow-up questions about the PBP. I think this interview went well. (~20 mins).

And my interview with Dr. Simons was the most contentious. The interview started awkwardly and I wanted to die there, but I was able to recover and I think I was able to answer her questions to the best of my ability. She asked me about myself, why I wanted to pursue dentistry- what was it about it that made me pursue it, she asked if I am in a position to possibly shell out 30K for the PBP (I think this includes Room & Board at the school), she congratulated me for passing the DAT portion of the program already (I barely made it btw), and then she started talking a bit about the program. She mentioned that the students will be expected to be ON campus for the summer portion of the program, she asked me who I knew in the program since I mentioned that in the interview, and I forgot what else. Since I already knew plenty of details about the PBP at this point, I only asked her two follow-up questions since I felt like I was running out of time too. (My interview was sandwiched between other applicants). (20 mins).

I don't know how I feel about my chances if I'm being honest. I had 1/3 great interview, and 2 where I sort of fell flat. I was nervous but at least I didn't stutter, or did the "umm..." thing, and I maintained appropriate eye contact. Ugh idk..

Should I send a thank you note? My interviews wrapped up in Thursday.
*Also I can answer SOME questions, though I think I covered all the bases. I don't feel comfortable talking about my stats though (sorry).

My interview with Dr. Burch was fairly short despite me asking him several questions and talking about the program and his work. He's laid back and non-confrontational. He asked me about myself, my study habits, what I'm doing now, what I want to do as a dentist, and a few other basic questions. (15 mins).

My interview with Dr. Miller was really good. She set a timer at the beginning for 20 minutes. She asked me about myself, why I've been pursuing dentistry, my strengths and weaknesses, what I want to do in the future, and a few other qs one would expect for this. She talked a lot about the program and I was able to ask follow-up questions about the PBP. I think this interview went well. (~20 mins).

And my interview with Dr. Simons was the most contentious. The interview started awkwardly and I wanted to die there, but I was able to recover and I think I was able to answer her questions to the best of my ability. She asked me about myself, why I wanted to pursue dentistry- what was it about it that made me pursue it, she asked if I am in a position to possibly shell out 30K for the PBP (I think this includes Room & Board at the school), she congratulated me for passing the DAT portion of the program already (I barely made it btw), and then she started talking a bit about the program. She mentioned that the students will be expected to be ON campus for the summer portion of the program, she asked me who I knew in the program since I mentioned that in the interview, and I forgot what else. Since I already knew plenty of details about the PBP at this point, I only asked her two follow-up questions since I felt like I was running out of time too. (My interview was sandwiched between other applicants). (20 mins).

I don't know how I feel about my chances if I'm being honest. I had 1/3 great interview, and 2 where I sort of fell flat. I was nervous but at least I didn't stutter, or did the "umm..." thing, and I maintained appropriate eye contact. Ugh idk..

*Also I can answer SOME questions, though I think I covered all the bases. I don't feel comfortable talking about my stats though (sorry).
thank you for this info! it was online right? Also they said the summer portion will be ON CAMPUS???

thank you for this info! it was online right? Also they said the summer portion will be ON CAMPUS???
Yes, they were Zoom interviews that we had to schedule from a list of possible choices. For Dr. Simons, she chose a time and asked if it was fine. I said yes as soon as I got it.

And she expects the DAT portion to be on campus starting in May.

What are everyone’s stats for those that interviewed? I’m at a loss after 3 years of applying. I’m curious if they think that I can’t afford the program as a single parent. I fit the disadvantage status in most every category and meet the DAT requirements. I’m on the lower end of average on GPA for DDS admissions, so I have nothing else to go by.

congrats! would you mind sharing your stats?

My interview with Dr. Miller was really good. She set a timer at the beginning for 20 minutes. She asked me about myself, why I've been pursuing dentistry, my strengths and weaknesses, what I want to do in the future, and a few other one would expect for this. She talked a lot about the program and I was able to ask follow-up questions about the PBP. I think this interview went well. (~20 mins).

Hmm idk that's just how it went. I had a great time speaking with everyone. You just have to be you in the interview and be as comfortable and confident as possible. Dr. Burch and I have very similar personalities and the same name so that was easy. Dr. Miller is an absolute sweetheart, and I would love to talk to her any day of the week and so we just really connected. My interview with Dr. Simons was so long because she asked a lot of questions and we ended up just talking a bit off topic. I think we just felt comfortable with each other and it didn't have the stuffy interview air despite her having to ask so many routine questions. I didn't have any expectations walking in and I was just grateful for the opportunity to be considered for the program. So we'll see what happens next week. Good luck!