2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When your linkedin gets a Uchicago Medicine viewer >>>>>.
Expecting that R soon now!
Why would you expect that? Do you have something there that would be disqualifying? :)

I would expect exactly the opposite, since there is no reason to waste anyone's time on LinkedIn before sending someone a R.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why have they stopped sending invites? I haven't seen the tracker being updated. Anyone complete post 7/20 rcv an invite?

Why would you expect that? Do you have something there that would be disqualifying? :)

I would expect exactly the opposite, since there is no reason to waste anyone's time on LinkedIn before sending someone a R.
I’m guessing it was a joke.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, for anyone who has done the interview... I was invited for an interview but I was under the assumption that the night before the interview social event was optional and I missed it due to a class conflict. Has anyone been to this session and knows if it was just chill with a few students chatting or was attendance taken and should I contact the school about having missed it?

Hey, for anyone who has done the interview... I was invited for an interview but I was under the assumption that the night before the interview social event was optional and I missed it due to a class conflict. Has anyone been to this session and knows if it was just chill with a few students chatting or was attendance taken and should I contact the school about having missed it?
It was definitely optional , it was just students there and they had no connection with admissions.

Just finished the interview process yesterday- it was the first interview they did of the season! Please feel free to AMA if you have an upcoming interview and burning questions. This is my first ever interview, so I have nothing useful to compare it to, but the vibe was really laid back and encouraging. They work hard to sell the school to you as well as actually interviewing you. HUGE focus on underserved populations and community health.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just finished the interview process yesterday- it was the first interview they did of the season! Please feel free to AMA if you have an upcoming interview and burning questions. This is my first ever interview, so I have nothing useful to compare it to, but the vibe was really laid back and encouraging. They work hard to sell the school to you as well as actually interviewing you. HUGE focus on underserved populations and community health.
Congrats on your interview. Sounds like you did well. That is a relief to hear about community health and undeserved populations. Def two areas of medicine I want to focus on. Hoping for a II!

+1 I would def agree . Every interviewer focused on the underserved.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to you, and good luck!

What was the interview format like? Was it a traditional interview with faculty members? Open file?

Congrats to you, and good luck!

What was the interview format like? Was it a traditional interview with faculty members? Open file?
3 Open file interviews , student , faculty , doctor... within the first 5 seconds of the interview my interviewer was like “ I noticed this about your app , please tell me more” but they didn’t grill me and ask about specific number or pubs. It was very conversational and seemed very informal.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview completed yesterday! let me know if you have any questions! good luck everyone

rejected today :( first rejection/heartbroken...this was my top choice LM 76 complete 7/16, feel like i really fit the mission and dedicated to serving the Hispanic and immigrant communities
Same here :// 7000+ research hours, thousands of service hours, lots of experience with urban + immigrant + low-income populations. Alas. Hopefully we find good fits. It's ironic because I have an II to a very research-heavy place and an II to a very service-heavy place (so you'd think that'd suggest more of a shot at a place heavy in both), but just goes to show that it's all very random.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Same here :// 7000+ research hours, thousands of service hours, lots of experience with urban + immigrant + low-income populations. Alas. Hopefully we find good fits. It's ironic because I have an II to a very research-heavy place and an II to a very service-heavy place (so you'd think that'd suggest more of a shot at a place heavy in both), but just goes to show that it's all very random.
sounds like you have a great app! congrats on your interviews :)

• Care

Don’t worry…towards the top of the rankings list it really becomes luck of the draw type of thing. In my previous cycle, I received interviews from Harvard, Yale, Columbia but was flat out rejected uchicago, northwestern, wustl, Hopkins amongst a bunch of other peer schools. There are so many applicants for so few spots that it really just comes down to the adcoms mood on any given day. If you got an II from a research focused school already, I’m guessing many more to come.

Brooo my LM is a 69 so I’m waiting for my rejection soon 😭😭

• Care
  • Haha
There really is no rhyme or reason. It's why we all are advised to apply broadly.

The fact that you are doing as well as you are, as early as you are, is validation that your application is GREAT. As for individual adcoms at individual schools, it really is nothing more than a numbers-driven crapshoot, and it's just unproductive to waste a lot of time and energy dwelling on things out of our control.

Each setback hurts when it comes, but there really is nothing to do but focus on the great results you have already achieved as well as all of the possibilities still ahead. You KNOW you are going to turn out to be one of the rockstars of this cycle when it is over, so don't let this get you down. Just try to keep in mind that a ton of excellent candidates still do not have any IIs as of today.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if UChicago is receptive to thank you notes post-interview? They provided me with each of their emails but I don't want to assume that's a yes

Does anyone know if UChicago is receptive to thank you notes post-interview? They provided me with each of their emails but I don't want to assume that's a yes
+1 do I send it straight to my interviewers email?

For those who’ve attended, what was the dress code for the student mingle zoom session the night before the interview?

For those who’ve attended, what was the dress code for the student mingle zoom session the night before the interview?
Super casual, students were in t-shirts etc. most people were business casual though.

• Care
For those of you who got an interview, does anyone know what the virtual session with the students the night before is about? Are we just listening to them talk or should we be prepared to ask questions (or answer some questions)? I don't see anything on their website describing what this is in much detail.
It’s really casual! They honestly just want to answer any questions you might have and share their experiences :)

Last edited:
Completely agree, I had mine last night and also want to point out that the students in your small group won't be the ones interviewing you or having feedback on your app, and was very chill

so I just found out about the II tracker and seems like the UChicago interviews are ppl with 520+, 3.9+stats. Wondering if I was a lil to confident in myself by applying lol. Does anyone have any insight on how they screen/choose II because im surprised i have not caught an R yet

so I just found out about the II tracker and seems like the UChicago interviews are ppl with 520+, 3.9+stats. Wondering if I was a lil to confident in myself by applying lol. Does anyone have any insight on how they screen/choose II because im surprised i have not caught an R yet
Pritzker has a wide stat range, especially on the low end (513 10th) so they definitely take A LOT of people with ~515 area or <520.

Just like many other top schools, they're probably just evaluating the high stat and URMs first. There's a lot of high stats here with Rs.

Pritzker has a wide stat range, especially on the low end (513 10th) so they definitely take A LOT of people with ~515 area or <520.

Just like many other top schools, they're probably just evaluating the high stat and URMs first. There's a lot of high stats here with Rs.
My friend got an interview last year with a 513 so keep your hopes up

I know someone who was accepted with a 508, I believe. Shoot your shot!

Need some honesty, is it too late to apply here?
Probably not, but it depends. You have applied to plenty of schools and seem to be doing pretty well so far. Why the sudden last minute interest?

You're certainly not in as good a position as you'd have been two months ago, but you should be okay, assuming you are a good match for them. But that begs the question of why they weren't one of your original 38?

Probably not, but it depends. You have applied to plenty of schools and seem to be doing pretty well so far. Why the sudden last minute interest?

You're certainly not in as good a position as you'd have been two months ago, but you should be okay, assuming you are a good match for them. But that begs the question of why they weren't one of your original 38?
I was initially swayed away by their median GPA/mcats. Although, as the application cycle progressed, my confidence in my application got stronger. Just really hadn't thought about it till now, seeing people with similar stats and II's get IIs to this school.

I was initially swayed away by their median GPA/mcats. Although, as the application cycle progressed, my confidence in my application got stronger. Just really hadn't thought about it till now, seeing people with similar stats and II's get IIs to this school.
Then you should definitely go for it. The end of August is not too late.

I mean the chance of any given application to a single single school being successful is low but it’s 0 if you don’t send it in

I will say though that this is a very mission-driven school so if you don't want to work with their primary patient population then it might not be worth throwing your hat into the ring because I'm sure they will make certain that their student body is focused on the same career goals. If you feel that fit, then go for it

Always send a thank you note, better if hand-written...

I sent thank you emails and they replied pretty quickly actually

If you dont mind sharing, what is the tracker? I didn't know one existed for Pritzker.

If you dont mind sharing, what is the tracker? I didn't know one existed for Pritzker.
It's not specific to Pritzker. It's floating around both SDN and reddit, covers all schools, and is notorious for trolling as well as real info, since people post without attaching even a user name to an entry. Personally, I stick to SDN posts. I find them much more reliable. Check out the home page of the premed forum if you are interested.

they're talking about my interview tracker. You can find it here

You get just as many trolls on SDN as you do across the internet... people are also more willing to share their data when it's anonymous

Also: would you trust the advice of a student applying or a moderator/someone who went through the process and has made the spreadsheet for the past 3 cycles now and is in medical school? I'm not sure why the poster above me finds people reporting on SDN to be more reliable when there is significant bias and people with lower scores very often don't disclose them

Reactions: 6 users
LM 80 (mcat 52X) and complete after 7/20, nothing from pritzker yet :(

LM 80 (mcat 52X) and complete after 7/20, nothing from pritzker yet :(
If it makes you feel better, I’m a current student, submitted 7/1, and have heard nothing

Gotta commend you on already having over 50% of schools invite you to interview.
I think it's just a stats thing + decent school list; I doubt I will convert a significant number of them to A's after they go through my clinical experiences LOL. Thanks, though :p

Does anyone know if Pritzker cares about stats post interview? I'm on the lower end of the spectrum and have an II scheduled for later this week. A little worried that my stats might hinder me getting accepted to such a great school.