2022-2023 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year I think they did calls this week and WL/rejection emails the following week
Yikes, I'm gonna assume the worse then.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the rejection email….happy Friday y’all

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Post-II rejection, interviewed 11/29. To everyone who was rejected, we're all in this together and I believe in each and every one of you. Don't let this define you, because we all bring so much to the table. Huge congrats to everyone accepted, and best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Would you guys mind if you can share the exact time of your emails, as it’s so stressful having not received it yet

I just checked my application portal and saw that I'm on the alternate list! No email yet

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my application portal and saw that I'm on the alternate list! No email yet
I just got my alternate list email at 8:15PM PST. The admissions decision tab should list your alternate #. For those that got alternate, here’s the number they got up to from previous years.

FEA8969E-2959-4814-8DAF-19E4729FE086.jpeg

Does anyone know historically how much of the alternate list movement happens before June 1? I have a CTE deadline at another school that day that would pull my UW app.

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate and I’m #40+….. it’s over for me isn’t it 😭

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know historically how much of the alternate list movement happens before June 1? I have a CTE deadline at another school that day that would pull my UW app.
They indicated most movement would occur around April 30/ May 1 when you’re limited to 1 acceptance. They’ll have movement up until day before orientation.

Alternate email received at 815PM

I’m <#15 so I’m feeling pretty good about my odds!!!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
From their website, it looks like there are separate waitlists perhaps. The 41 for Seattle matches the information in my applicant portal
BEF8C0CA-76D1-46A2-9AEF-856D9FC6A826.jpeg

Attachments

• 6DECA0CD-9541-4AD7-8708-1A8CC8123D26.jpeg
    6DECA0CD-9541-4AD7-8708-1A8CC8123D26.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 85
From their website, it looks like there are separate waitlists perhaps. The 41 for Seattle matches the information in my applicant portal View attachment 366385

Am I reading the chart correctly in that out of 41 people on the waitlist, 37 were out of region applicants?

Last edited:
Im I reading the chart correctly in that out of 41 people on the waitlist, 37 were out of region applicants?

Just read the site and this is the answer:

The whole number is the position on the waitlist; (#) is the actual number of applicants accepted. The difference is due to alternates declining the position.

Reactions: 1 user
Just read the site and this is the answer:

The whole number is the position on the waitlist; (#) is the actual number of applicants accepted. The difference is due to alternates declining the position.
Wait wait, am feeling dumb. So the person with the order #41 last year got offered a position right?

ohh ok so that means 4 people off the waitlist last year who were offered a position declined it

Just got placed on alternate list, interview in november. #25, hoping the odds are pretty good looking at the number of alternates accepted from previous years!

Does anyone know if there are different alternate lists per cohort?
I would think there absolutely have to be separate alternate lists to keep it all flowing properly.

Regional MD-only applicants can *only* apply and matriculate for their cohort. Having one big list would make no sense… If an OOR was #25 and an Idaho alternate was #26, then would the OOR would get offered the Idaho spot despite not behind able to interview for that cohort? If a spot opened up at Montana, but the next one on the list is #20 Wyoming, then two seattles… on and on would they just pass them up to find the next available montana, even if that’s like #36, and suddenly #20-35 are PO’d because #36 got off the waitlist and posted about it? Ofc not. Having separate lists makes most sense to keep it a smooth and less painful process. IMO it’s probs best to think of UW as 6 separate “sister” schools for admissions purposes, the one you apply to/interview for/be accepted or alternate listed or reject determined solely by state of residence.

Just FYI from last year’s thread, there was literally no WL movement until about April 29th and then it kinda snowballed from there- so I wouldn’t expect any updates for about 2 months

Also it looks like they still call you when they offer you an acceptance off the WL, which is pretty nice

Reactions: 3 users
Just FYI from last year’s thread, there was literally no WL movement until about April 29th and then it kinda snowballed from there- so I wouldn’t expect any updates for about 2 months

Also it looks like they still call you when they offer you an acceptance off the WL, which is pretty nice
I know this and yet……..still going to start incessantly monitoring the portal next week anyways 🤣

Last edited:
Feeling good about my AL placement too, <20. Hope we get to be classmates soon, let’s go AL gang!!

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know if there's a facebook group for the E-2023 class?

This is me pleading for someone less technologically-challenged than me to start the Facebook group 😭😭

I keep seeing updates to this thread and becoming excited thinking it’s waitlist movement 😭

I keep seeing updates to this thread and becoming excited thinking it’s waitlist movement

I feel you 100%!! But there likely wont be any waitlist movement until late April, which feels like a century away! When I called, the admission office said that AL movement happens fast in the first few days before or after 4/30 when ppl have to narrow their options to one school.

Hi! Does anyone know if there is a FB group for the accepted students in the Seattle cohort?

No literally, I don’t wanna be overdressed or underdressed. I feel like a button down should be enough right? Or do we have to dress up
I’m not attending (neither the virtual or the cohort in person second look tbh, and I feel a little bad about it), and partly that’s because I hate not knowing a dress code. Realistically though I doubt anybody is going to care one way or another, and business casual will likely be the norm/average with some variation ranging from more casual sweaters to the full suit and tie for some people. Button down is probs just fine.

Tbh the whole event just seems… like I don’t even know what to expect. The whole profile with a profile pic, recording a “hello world” video, the fact that plenary sessions are recorded for future viewing- it makes me wonder how much “on camera” time is actually expected. I might log in if I didn’t have to be on camera ever / can just lurk around and watch other people’s videos, as I am interested in learning about my future classmates (or potential classmates I guess, as they still might commit elsewhere).

Does anyone know if class is mandatory for the Spokane cohort?