2021-2022 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m not necessarily expecting to get a II but after a bunch of delays getting my primary submitted, I got an invitation to submit a secondary on Monday. So fingers are crossed

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I really love UH's focus on primary care so it's one of my top schools...unfortunately, I haven't heard anything since I submitted my secondary back in June. If I haven't received an II, should I assume I have been screened out? Or do I still have hope if I haven't received the pre-interview R? Does UH even send out R's before IIs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to go here so badly. I'm crossing my fingers for a II with you all.

Reactions: 1 user
I really love UH's focus on primary care so it's one of my top schools...unfortunately, I haven't heard anything since I submitted my secondary back in June. If I haven't received an II, should I assume I have been screened out? Or do I still have hope if I haven't received the pre-interview R? Does UH even send out R's before IIs?
+1

Yes they do send pre II Rs, they’re earlier in the thread. you’re still in the running!

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who has prematched, is there a place to accept the offer? I can't seem to find any mention of actually accepting the offer in the original email or portal.

For anyone who has prematched, is there a place to accept the offer? I can't seem to find any mention of actually accepting the offer in the original email or portal.
Didn’t see one either. I just sent a message in the portal accepting it. Just so I also have documentation

Congrats!
I'm a Texas resident who will be applying next cycle. I'm a bit confused about what the matching process is. Do you know where I can learn more?
Here is a video explaining the TMDSAS match: The TMDSAS Match
You can find lots of videos on the Texas Health Education Service YouTube page about absolutely any aspect of applying in Texas, including interviews with the admissions officers from every school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the pre-II R! Best of luck to everyone still in the running 😊

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I'm sorry to the people getting Rs ): , could anyone tell me if these are just coming through your email or in the portal? I've had radio silence for months so I'm kind of expecting one too sooner or later lol

I'm sorry to the people getting Rs ): , could anyone tell me if these are just coming through your email or in the portal? I've had radio silence for months so I'm kind of expecting one too sooner or later lol
Email! Shows on the communication tab in the portal too

*insert Eric Andre let me in gif here*

Complete 6/27 still nothing... would like to know one way or the other for peace of mind

Reactions: 3 users
No bad news, no good news yet. Complete since mid July.

Reactions: 2 users
I heard they received 6000 apps for 60 seats. Since they have no filter for secondaries, everyone has submitted secondaries and I suspect they dont have enough people to screen them fast.

• Hmm
Hi!
I made an account today just because I wanted to hop on here and give everyone some hope who hasn't heard back yet! I submitted my secondary application on 7/11 (My rec letters, MCAT, etc were all submitted with my primary application in June) and just heard back for an II on 11/2. The interview cycle is still going on, so don't count yourself out yet!! There is still plenty of time. Also LizzyM score is a 68 and I'm in state.

Reactions: 7 users
This may be early but - If you interviewed on October 28th and get pre matched -- please drop this information :)

Has anyone with an October interview date received a pre-match yet?

Do our prematch offers also show up on TMDSAS? I see it on my UH portal but not on tmdsas

Do our prematch offers also show up on TMDSAS? I see it on my UH portal but not on tmdsas
Sorry not answering your question but where on the UH portal do you see it? I don’t have anything on mine about it.

Sorry not answering your question but where on the UH portal do you see it? I don’t have anything on mine about it.
Oh I worded that weird but I just see the email on my communication status! everything else is the same

Do you mind sharing when you interviewed? Im obsessively checking my portal for updates from an Oct interview and my understanding is that the committee meets at the end of the month for the previous month but that may not be the case

Interviewed earlier this month, was wondering when I should hear about the invite to tour the campus?

Does anyone know if they accept update letters pre-interview? I can’t find anything on their website!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they accept update letters pre-interview? I can’t find anything on their website!
UH mentioned in their courage session either last year or this year that unless its very very impactful that it’s not really needed. She said they look at who you are over the past 4 years (longer if non-traditional) so one update holds less weight!

II received! 3.3 GPA, TEXAS Forever (IS)
Kind of surprised I got an II but perhaps mission fit matters-it's my $0.01 that UH wants to become Texas' version of Meharry

II received! 3.3 GPA, TEXAS Forever (IS)
Kind of surprised I got an II but perhaps mission fit matters-it's my $0.01 that UH wants to become Texas' version of Meharry
Congrates!! when did you complete your application, do you mind sharing your MCAT pl?

UH mentioned in their courage session either last year or this year that unless its very very impactful that it’s not really needed. She said they look at who you are over the past 4 years (longer if non-traditional) so one update holds less weight!
Thank you!

Prematch today! Interviewed mid October

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Prematched today! Interviewed late October

To anyone who pre-matched, do you get notified via email, or a phone call?

Are you IS? also stats if you can share? thanks
I am IS. Sub 500 on MCAT and less than 3.5 GPA...non-trad...excellent ECs... I was surprised to have received an II, but I am ready and excited for the interview!

Do yall think that someone could thrive here who is not particularly interested in family medicine in an underserved area? seems like they are very mission driven.