2022-2023 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if class is mandatory for the Spokane cohort?
I'm Seattle, but our lectures are never mandatory. Even anatomy lab is technically optional (I don't recommend skipping, but the odd day here and there won't hurt you). The only classes that are mandatory are small groups, and most blocks require you to attend x number out of y total in order to get your 5% towards your grade. Foundations in clinical medicine is always mandatory, and they take attendance every time. So are hospital mornings and primary care practicums.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does UW have internal rankings? How does this work for preclinicals vs clerkship years?

Does UW have internal rankings? How does this work for preclinicals vs clerkship years?
Not exactly. Preclinical years there is no type of ranking whatsoever. I'm an MS2, so I can't swear this is 100% accurate, but my understanding is that for clinical years you are ranked in quartiles rather than ranking everyone individually, and these rankings are based only on the clinical years, not preclinical.

Reactions: 1 user
Like would we have enough time to implement the feedback on our reapplication?!
depends on the feedback
if it is about how you wrote your application or conducted your interview, there is plenty of time to correct it for this coming cycle
if it is about something tangible missing, it is likely too late to make meaningful changes based off their feedback alone
you need to weigh how much time you have to make meaningful change based off your individual weaknesses before deciding which cycle to re-apply in

Reactions: 4 users
Where is April 30th

Put me to sleep and wake me up April 30th

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where is April 30th

Put me to sleep and wake me up April 30th

19 days countdown!!!
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hoping a bit of movement will start after today…..

Is there a groupme for accepted students?

Reactions: 5 users
Looks like at least 2 people have been accepted off the Seattle/OOR alternate list so far! Hoping more movement will pick up soon. 🤞

Reactions: 7 users
Portal indicates that as of today, they’re still on Alternate #2. Glad to see that it’s being updated so regularly! Hang in there guys 😭

Reactions: 2 users
Hoping for a lot more movement this week 🤞 Im anxious!

They’ve reached Alternate #4!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Alternate #6 as of now!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
This is way more movement than I expected for this week…..hopefully the floodgates open on Monday 🤞

Reactions: 3 users
This is way more movement than I expected for this week…..hopefully the floodgates open on Monday 🤞
Hope so too. This time last year they had only gotten to #1 on the waitlist.

Just got the call!!!! I was #9

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Did anyone get feedback yet? Lol not trying to sound entitled because I know it's a generous gesture from UW Adcoms even to offer feedback, but I can't help feeling a little antsy. Like next application opens in two days. By the time I get my feedback, I would've already applied smh

They've started calling up to at least 16 by now on the WL. Just got the call.

• Love
I'm not sure they’re calling in order..
I can't see why they would have a ranked waitlist and accept someone at 22, but not someone at 15. They probably know how many calls they can make today and have informed the ExCom members they can start making the calls to the individuals on the list they are assigned to. The portal just hasn't updated yet.

I can't see why they would have a ranked waitlist and accept someone at 22, but not someone at 15. They probably know how many calls they can make today and have informed the ExCom members they can start making the calls to the individuals on the list they are assigned to. The portal just hasn't updated yet.
It would depend on which cohort we're in since each cohort has its own waitlist and ranking. (I was in the Seattle cohort)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm at 31 and I got an email about financial aid stuff since 'I am are very likely to get an offer soon'