2021-2022 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we allowed to send letters? Like updates or letter of intent?
According to the UH SDN page last cycle (2020-2021), they didnt accept updates or letters of intent! But, you can always call the admission's office to confirm

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I interviewed in early December
Ok. Congrats by the way! I interviewed the second week of December. I’m assuming if I don’t hear anything back this week, then I’ll have to be patient and wait until Match Day.

Thanks! I emailed them, but waiting to hear back.
Did you ever hear back about updates? I emailed them a few weeks ago now, and never heard anything! So I kind of just assumed the answer is no lol

I interviewed earlier this month and haven’t had anything pop up yet on TMDSAS. I’ve been wondering about this myself and have emailed them but haven’t had a response, so I’m glad I’m not the only one
Did it come up on TMDSAS yet? Wondering if I need to reach out about this

Did it come up on TMDSAS yet? Wondering if I need to reach out about this
Just like sunlight said, mine hasn't updated yet either. I got an email back from them last week that they are working to resolve it and that is should be fixed by this week! If it's not fixed by Friday, I'll probably email them back again.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
R just now. TX resident. Really thought I had a chance here as I am strongly interested in primary care.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many interviews were given last cycle (20-21)?

Anyone else without an II still not get an R? Super confused if it means anything that I'm still ghosted

Got an email requesting I put in my deposit to save my seat. Do I need to do this right now? I'm blessed to have a prematch offer, but I am still waiting on my top choice school to release their decision on Match Day.

Any advice into this would be greatly appreciated.

Got an email requesting I put in my deposit to save my seat. Do I need to do this right now? I'm blessed to have a prematch offer, but I am still waiting on my top choice school to release their decision on Match Day.

On the account, the due date isn't until 8/16. But classes for UHCOM would start before that date so I'm not sure why the due date is so late. Nonetheless, I think you will be fine waiting until Match day! I personally would not pay the deposit until you know for sure this is the school you will be attending

Do you mind sharing how long the turn around was from your interview to getting the email? I interviewed not too long ago and just trying to gauge the waiting period. Thank you and congrats on the pre match!

Do you mind sharing how long the turn around was from your interview to getting the email? I interviewed not too long ago and just trying to gauge the waiting period. Thank you and congrats on the pre match!
Oh I interviewed early August and prematched on Oct 15. This was an email that prematches received to pay our deposit

Anyone interview in the beginning of November get any updates?

Anyone interview in the beginning of November get any updates?
It’s too late for any prematch offers now so the next you will probably hear will be on Match Day, March 4.
Be sure to log in to your TMDSAS portal and rank all the schools where you interviewed!

It’s too late for any prematch offers now so the next you will probably hear will be on Match Day, March 4.
Be sure to log in to your TMDSAS portal and rank all the schools where you interviewed!
What about OOS? It says rolling admission, but does that end on Match Day?

What about OOS? It says rolling admission, but does that end on Match Day?
If you are an OOS applicant, it could be any time. There will probably be a little pause in the action after Match Day, but WL movement could start after that. Remember the class can have a maximum of 10% OOS matriculants.

Can anyone confirm that Feb 3rd was the last interview date?

Yes. Source: I’m a MS2 and asked the other day.
Also, most of the class is filled. Idk how many exact spots are left but it’s very very small number.

• Sad
Yes. Source: I’m a MS2 and asked the other day.
Also, most of the class is filled. Idk how many exact spots are left but it’s very very small number.
Well don’t they expect a good number of their prematched applicants to possibly match somewhere else? So spots would open up?

Well don’t they expect a good number of their prematched applicants to possibly match somewhere else? So spots would open up?
The TMDSAS Match process will take care of most of that.
As you're saying, if a person who has a prematch offer at this school ranks other schools higher and ends up matching to one of them instead, they are no longer taking up a spot at U of H. Also though, the match will fill spots with people who interviewed at U of H, didn't have a prematch offer here, but ranked U of H high enough on their rank preference list.

That's really discouraging. The class size is only 60 this year, I can't believe they'd extend so many pre-match offers!

That's really discouraging. The class size is only 60 this year, I can't believe they'd extend so many pre-match offers!
I was also discouraged when I heard about the number of prematches, but you can expect a lot of prematched people to rank other schools above UH (including other schools they prematched at) and match there. I honestly expect at least half of the people who received a prematch from UH to match elsewhere, opening up spots for the rest of us hopefully. Keep in mind UH is a really new school and has to compete with a lot of other well-established Texas schools (hence why they probably gave out so many prematches). Competitive applicants who received multiple interviews/prematches will likely rank the other schools higher.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys, I hope Match day has been going well for y'all! Unfortunately I didn't match to this school or the other school I interviewed at, but does that mean I've been rejected? Or am I still on their waitlist?

And does anyone know how/when UH will issue rejections if that is something they do? Thank you!

Hey guys, I hope Match day has been going well for y'all! Unfortunately I didn't match to this school or the other school I interviewed at, but does that mean I've been rejected? Or am I still on their waitlist?

And does anyone know how/when UH will issue rejections if that is something they do? Thank you!
So sorry to hear that. I did not match either, but it is okay-more room for improvement!

I am wondering the same!

Now that the match is complete, will OOS that had an interview hear something?

Now that the match is complete, will OOS that had an interview hear something?
I believe so! Now begins the rolling admissions period, but I am not sure what that looks like for OOS applicants. This article was helpful in providing a timeline and extra information.

Matched here this morning, this was my number 1 ranked school, I am so excited!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Matched as well! Can't wait to meet my future classmates!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I got an email today saying I was placed on the waitlist.