2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Struck by the R today. Complete 7/21. Good luck to everyone else :)
+1

Good luck to everyone this cycle!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you a reapplicant?
Only to two schools. Don't want this to become an advice thread specifically for me, so if you want to respond to my comment feel free to send me a message. :) Appreciate the help trying to diagnose me though LOL.

II received on 9/27 at 7:50PM CDT! LM 76.4 Complete 7/17

Completely took me by surprise, but so excited for the opportunity! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the R at 11:13am today; OOS. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
goddamn sorry guys, when were y’all complete? Trying to brace myself for my own R

same. first day of the month and hit with that R. it hurts coz this was one of my top schools but we move!! Happy new month y'all.

• Care
II just now!!! I SCREAMED!!! OOS, URM, complete 8/18

Reactions: 8 users
I got the R today, complete 7/25. This one really stung. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Me when everyone who completed their app around the same date as me is getting R's and I still haven't gotten mine.
nervous season 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha
R today! Complete 7/16, 520/4.0 :,)

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
R today. Complete 7/17 & OOS. LM of 75. Best of luck to everyone through the rest of the app szn :)

Last edited:
Sooooo i interviewed here a few weeks ago and now have had other interviews to compare to…… anyone else feel like this was the LEAST chill interview out of all of theirs?

Sooooo i interviewed here a few weeks ago and now have had other interviews to compare to…… anyone else feel like this was the LEAST chill interview out of all of theirs?
Interesting take , I’ve attended 7 so far and I think UChicago was def in my top 3 of most comfortable interviews “vibe” wise. I think it’ll depend on the individual greatly.

For the record though , 2 of my interviews have been MMI and those feel waaaay more formal than traditional interviews to me.

It wasn't my least chill, but in the bottom 3. One interviewer grilled me pretty hard and I was tempted to just put a preemptive R in my personal tracking spreadsheet because I felt awful about my performance. The other interviewers were pretty laid back, but after seeing people gush about how exceptionally "nice and chill" the interview supposedly is, my own experience with UChicago feels somewhat underwhelming in light of other schools' interview day experiences.

Guess it really depends on the interviewers. I can't say it was the most chill out of all of my interviews thus far, but I thought it was average

It wasn't my least chill, but in the bottom 3. One interviewer grilled me pretty hard and I was tempted to just put a preemptive R in my personal tracking spreadsheet because I felt awful about my performance. The other interviewers were pretty laid back, but after seeing people gush about how exceptionally "nice and chill" the interview supposedly is, my own experience with UChicago feels somewhat underwhelming in light of other schools' interview day experiences.
Thank you I’m so happy someone feels the same as me!!!!

Interesting take , I’ve attended 7 so far and I think UChicago was def in my top 3 of most comfortable interviews “vibe” wise. I think it’ll depend on the individual greatly.

For the record though , 2 of my interviews have been MMI and those feel waaaay more formal than traditional interviews to me.
I agree with this, probably one of my least stressful all around even though the 3 thirty minute back to back sessions are brutal

R today. Complete 7/18. OOS. Good luck everybody. Remember, some of this is random.

R today, complete 8/1, OOS. Good luck to those still in the running!

• Care
Anyone else trying to mentally prepare themselves for this Friday :'''( Trying my hardest to not get my hopes up

Anyone else trying to mentally prepare themselves for this Friday :'''( Trying my hardest to not get my hopes up
I was under the impression they mostly release decisions in late Feb/early March with a few trickling out in Nov, Dec, Jan. UChicago plays the long game.

I was under the impression they mostly release decisions in late Feb/early March with a few trickling out in Nov, Dec, Jan. UChicago plays the long game.
They said they would give out a few acceptances in October during my interview day plus historically UChicago has been a school to release some acceptances on or around october 15th!

This remains the only school I interviewed for so far LMAO. Do we know if they will be handing out post-II R's on Friday or just (potentially) A's?

II this morning!! complete mid/late august

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
No one should have told me that they MIGHT be releasing acceptances today. I'm gonna be shaking the whole damn day and probably not hear a thing :cryi: