2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No worries!! I was thinking more of “the class is filling up quick” or something casual haha. Congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
When is their orientation start date and class start date? Time is gonna be here soon.

July 10! And from the comms they take students all the way up to that day but I assume the class has to be full at some point.

July 10! And from the comms they take students all the way up to that day but I assume the class has to be full at some point.
so orientation starts on the 10th as well or is it the prior week? Yeah it’s got to be pretty solid now.

I’m not sure. I assume orientation is the 10th and then actual classes start that Wednesday; I am basing that off of the fact that the previous week is July 4th holiday and the block that corresponds to it for second years starts that Wednesday.

Best wishes to all who are still waiting!!!!!

Did anyone else just get an email offering them a seat for the class of 2028? It seemed like the email said there was still a possibility of getting off the waitlist, but just incase I don't, I can have a guaranteed seat for next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else just get an email offering them a seat for the class of 2028? It seemed like the email said there was still a possibility of getting off the waitlist, but just incase I don't, I can have a guaranteed seat for next year.
I didn’t get this email. I’m on the waitlist though.

I interviewed in April, but the email seemed like there will still be movement until July!

Members don't see this ad :)

Are you talking about the “your application may be considered for early admission for the class of 2028” in the waitlist email? Or was there a separate email entirely?

Are you talking about the “your application may be considered for early admission for the class of 2028” in the waitlist email? Or was there a separate email entirely?
I have been talking to the director of admissions and he told me they are going to start considering people for early admission for the class of 2028 after the month of June. I got the same waitlist email and I havent heard of them offering seats for 2028 yet. I can ask soon!
It was a separate email offering me an official seat for the class of 2028

I wonder if they are keeping less people on the waitlist now due to being very close to the start of class. Along the lines of “we may not be able to take you this year but we’d love to have you next year”

Congrats though!! Best of luck if you choose to accept!

I wonder if they are keeping less people on the waitlist now due to being very close to the start of class. Along the lines of “we may not be able to take you this year but we’d love to have you next year”

Congrats though!! Best of luck if you choose to accept!
Thank you! I think you might be right! It seems as if the email was saying that I do still have a chance of getting off the waitlist, but if I don’t, I have the option of attending next year.

Thank you! I think you might be right! It seems as if the email was saying that I do still have a chance of getting off the waitlist, but if I don’t, I have the option of attending next year.
So you can choose to accept after this cycle is completely over right? Also, congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview date?

So you can choose to accept after this cycle is completely over right? Also, congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview date?
I would be able to make a decision after the cycle is over in July (assuming that I do not get off the waitlist). I interviewed on April 11th!

For those of you that are on the waitlist here with a different acceptance, are you just waiting it out? I don’t know how much longer the waitlist is gonna move so I guess figuring out housing plans elsewhere is the best move. If we got in towards the end of June that wouldn’t leave much time to figure out a place to live.

Amazing!!! Congrats! That means you won’t have to decide for 2028 after all 🤣

• Haha
Withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone here👍🏼

just wanted to let y’all know, they are probably still going to be actively pulling from the waitlist since people are withdrawing still. wishing the best for you all🫶🏼

Reactions: 1 users
just wanted to let y’all know, they are probably still going to be actively pulling from the waitlist since people are withdrawing still. wishing the best for you all🫶🏼
Thank you for giving me some hope again 🥹 I needed to hear this!!

I think that’s orientation day and classes start a couple days later. They said the accepted 3 people on orientation day tho!
That doesn't give much time for moving and everything else, plus finding somewhere to live. I didn't know they still accepted people as late as the day of orientation. That is really late.

PCOM-GA vs. NOVA-Tampa vs. VCOM-Auburn

Can y’all compare these for me. Looking for info on things like student living, rotations, match, city/environment, and lecture attendance (mandatory/zoom)

hi everyone, thought I would post in the previous year thread to hopefully catch the attention of some OMS-1s.

had an interview @ vcom auburn and was made aware of the 70%/30% mandatory attendance policy. they are basically in lecture 8-5 M-F, and have 2-3 exams a week.

this is fine with me, BUT, with this frequent in-class lecture and exam schedule, how are we supposed to have time to do research/extracurriculars? is it even possible. I would love to hear from current students about this.