2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was put on the waitlist last week and just received the call today saying that I was accepted off the waitlist! I interviewed in mid-March. It is possible and y'all still have a chance!!
Man I hope so!

Members don't see this ad.

I got the A call yesterday! <3

Interviewed late Feb. and WL'ed. I imagine there will be a lot more WL movement soon as it's still early April! Don't lose hope <333

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when we can expect the waitlist to move some more? Can applicants know their position on the waitlist or is that information not given out?

Does anyone know when we can expect the waitlist to move some more? Can applicants know their position on the waitlist or is that information not given out?
I feel like I always quote you lol sorry but honestly no real movement until May. I think many students truly secure their seats in may, june and even july. Unfortunately a long waiting game.
I’m unsure about knowing your waitlist placement and ranking.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like I always quote you lol sorry but honestly no real movement until May. I think many students truly secure their seats in may, june and even july. Unfortunately a long waiting game.
I’m unsure about knowing your waitlist placement and ranking.
Yeah it is a waiting game certainly. I hope to hear earlier than July if I get accepted so I can kinda be ready as far as living arrangements.

Anyone know how long it takes to find out if you're placed on the WL? I interviewed last week and don't remember what they said the turnaround time was.

I would call and ask they could offer you one! I got one by asking for an update. I have interview this week.
I've tried several times. It just rings and rings until VM. I'll keep trying though. Just not sure what else to try.

I've tried several times. It just rings and rings until VM. I'll keep trying though. Just not sure what else to try.
You could try emailing them. You can look on their website and find someone who works in admission and email or try calling them as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted :( I think I just type like that :rofl: My interviewers told me that they are interviewing for the waitlist right now so I don't think they're giving out any acceptances.
I gotcha. I interviewed in January and still got waitlisted.

Reading forums from past years, it sounds like they take a lot of people form the WL all the way to first week of classes.
I saw that as well. I read that May 3rd and May 15th are two days where it should move some due to students having to narrow choices for MD and DO.

Received an A on Tuesday! Acceptances are still happening y'all! Hoping for more A's for everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody else on the waitlist get a recent acceptance? Heard this week was when movement happens but haven’t seen much yet.

I have not but been stalking this page like crazy and made an account just for this lol
Yeah same here. Have one acceptance elsewhere that didn’t waitlist me. I know here I’m not their first choice but I like their program.

What’s significant about this week?
Those accepted to M.D. schools had to narrow their list to I believe one school on May 1st or they had to commit to enroll, something like that. My cousin for example had two acceptances at M.D. schools so she was holding two spots and one just got open. So someone holding a spot at a DO program may be accepted to an MD school due to spots being opened in that regard. I also heard May 15th was a date to keep an eye on.

Reactions: 1 users
Those accepted to M.D. schools had to narrow their list to I believe one school on May 1st or they had to commit to enroll, something like that. My cousin for example had two acceptances at M.D. schools so she was holding two spots and one just got open. So someone holding a spot at a DO program may be accepted to an MD school due to spots being opened in that regard. I also heard May 15th was a date to keep an eye on.
the "Plan to Enroll" and "Commit to Enroll" options become available and people slim down their choices. there is another one May 15ish
Ah I didn’t know that! Thanks! Hopefully there will be a great amount of WL movement then. I am not holding any acceptances atm🫣

I also interviewed 4/13 and WL 4/21!

I thought they said that the committee meets every 2 weeks and we just happened to be the Thursday prior to them meeting which is why we found out so fast.

Best of luck!!

Is there a way to access the 2022-2023 AACOMAS application? I was attempting to update my grade for a course I took this semester, but AACOMAS made me start an application for 2023-2024 cycle. Not sure how to access this cycle's application.

Is there a way to access the 2022-2023 AACOMAS application? I was attempting to update my grade for a course I took this semester, but AACOMAS made me start an application for 2023-2024 cycle. Not sure how to access this cycle's application.

You should probably just email the schools to let them know of that change. I don’t think you can change your old app at this time

I also interviewed 4/13 and WL 4/21!

I thought they said that the committee meets every 2 weeks and we just happened to be the Thursday prior to them meeting which is why we found out so fast.

Best of luck!!
did people waitlisted receive an email saying it?

Anybody get the A that interviewed 04/04/2023 or after?

I was rejected interviewed 4/13
I’m sorry!! When I interviewed, they said they were only WL or rejecting. I don’t know how many people have gotten off the waitlist yet for those later dates.

got the A last tuesday! however, I will be withdrawing my seat, hopefully, it goes to one of you!

That’s amazing! Congratulations future doc :)) When did you interview?