2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have know what the post-II acceptance rate for monroe is. I didn't see anything on VCOM's website.

The other 3 campuses have a >50% matriculation rate so I would think it’s similar for Monroe. With a matriculation rate so high I imagine the post ii acceptance rate is at least 75%. I could be completely wrong though and LA is different than everywhere else.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does it look bad if I haven't done any volunteering this summer? I already completed my survey update form before my interview and I have increase hours in my scribe job, clinic volunteer role, and my leadership position for a homeless organization, but no specific community volunteering that I have on my app. Just curious if this will influence their decision after my interview.

Last edited:
Does it look bad if I haven't done any volunteering this summer? I already completed my survey update form before my interview and I have increase hours in my scribe job, clinic volunteer role, and my leadership position for a homeless organization, but no specific community volunteering that I have on my app. Just curious if this will influence their decision after my interview.
I don't think they would care as long as you filled your time doing something constructive.

Members don't see this ad :)
II received today but will be turning down. Hopefully someone else gets it! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Is it true that medical outreach is already built into VCOM's curriculum?

Is it true that medical outreach is already built into VCOM's curriculum?
Yes! Both locally and international. There are 3 clinics that run year around that are staffed by VCOM. Dominican Republic, El Salvador, and Hondura. VCOM students do a one month rotation there to help staff the clinics. Students also do community outreach in the Appalachian area with pop up clinics and health fairs to areas where it isn't as easily accessible.

I submitted secondary on 7/7 and still marked incomplete. The portal states at screening. Anyone else in this holding pattern?

I submitted secondary on 7/7 and still marked incomplete. The portal states at screening. Anyone else in this holding pattern?
I was very recently and submitted my secondary before you did. I thought I was out of the picture until I received an II not too long ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
if i get an interview with VCOM - Louisiana, does that mean that im only being considered for louisiana and i cant choose other locations?

if i get an interview with VCOM - Louisiana, does that mean that im only being considered for louisiana and i cant choose other locations?
Yes, that's correct. The campus that you're being interviewed at is the only campus you will be considered for.

II today, complete 7/17. Accidentally posted on last year's thread first hehe

Has anyone who interviewed 9/9 and after receive any updates?

Just got back home from the interview. Felt good about how it went but just wanted to share some information regarding the school. They told us that there are 350 II's for 150 spots with a 70% post-II acceptance rate. The faculty here are very nice and the interviews were conversational. Will keep my fingers crossed for the next few weeks.

Just got back home from the interview. Felt good about how it went but just wanted to share some information regarding the school. They told us that there are 350 II's for 150 spots with a 70% post-II acceptance rate. The faculty here are very nice and the interviews were conversational. Will keep my fingers crossed for the next few weeks.

Is that 350 II total or 350 interviews have been conducted thus far?

That's a shame. I didn't get this vibe at all when I interviewed in Monroe. I have an old high school classmate that attends at the moment and had nothing but good things to say, aside from the mandatory attendance.

That's a shame. I didn't get this vibe at all when I interviewed in Monroe. I have an old high school classmate that attends at the moment and had nothing but good things to say, aside from the mandatory attendance.
Seems like Virginia/Carolina’s but still a true shame for all of VCOM

Maybe I heard wrong, but did they say we can call to inquire about our decision post-II?

So on the website I see that there’s international community outreach as well as the Appalachian outreach programs, however is there any programs specific to Louisiana? Do Louisiana students partake in the Appalachian outreach or do they partake in Delta region outreach? Other than that, are there any aspects specific to the Louisiana campus worth mentioning? I remember hearing something about a sports medicine program. Any input by a current student or insightful applicant would be great. TIA.

So on the website I see that there’s international community outreach as well as the Appalachian outreach programs, however is there any programs specific to Louisiana? Do Louisiana students partake in the Appalachian outreach or do they partake in Delta region outreach? Other than that, are there any aspects specific to the Louisiana campus worth mentioning? I remember hearing something about a sports medicine program. Any input by a current student or insightful applicant would be great. TIA.
I know that they offer crisis relief (think New Orleans and hurricane season) and free clinics. I asked one of my interviewers what they are offering in terms of local outreach. He said it's still a work in progress due to COVID but they are expecting some more outreach programs specific to Louisiana to open up. I believe one of them will be the mobile clinics for Monroe and surrounding areas.

Is the interview traditional or MMI? Was the group project difficult?

Has anyone that was complete late August received an interview invite yet?!

Is the interview traditional or MMI? Was the group project difficult?
Two traditional interviews. Honestly, they have been the most laid back interviews I've had so far. Group project is the exact opposite of difficult. It's just a different way of meeting the other applicants in my opinion.

How often does the admissions committee meet every month? I'm hoping for a decision soon

How long does it take to get the acceptance email? They called me on Tuesday and said I would receive it "shortly"

interviewed 10/11 and received A call today!

Reactions: 5 users
I just got my first II from here!! Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the interview? (it's in person)