2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Just a heads up everybody, admin has changed the attendance policy a week before classes have begun (2 campuses have already begun classes). In person attendance has been now made mandatory by our lovely dean. Not only is this socially irresponsible considering the uptick of new Covid cases, but detrimental to the mental health of anyone stuck attending. Part of the reason that a lot of the incoming OMS I’s had decided to attend VCOM was the amazing flexibility they provided, not anymore… Switching the attendance policy on the sly, really should let you all know where the Dean’s opinion of the incoming candidates lies. Heavily consider this while you weigh your options on where to attend.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long it takes to go from screening to complete?

I’ve called all these schools a million times. I’m probably on the block list at this point I’m going to wait one more week lol lmk if you get in touch with them
seems like mid-end august. gathering off of last years threads It seems as even if you have everything complete your app gets sent to your first choice before they decide if they wanna send you an II, even through that you will be at screening

seems like mid-end august. gathering off of last years threads It seems as even if you have everything complete your app gets sent to your first choice before they decide if they wanna send you an II, even through that you will be at screening

Oh interesting, thank you for sharing

How long after submitting did people start hearing back about secondaries? I might be on the cusp of their screening threshold from old grades, so I'm wondering if I should just sit tight and wait for some email notification or if I should email admissions and give them a heads up to not delay the process

Finally found this page lol. I posted in the Carolinas thread but realized that this is the correct thread. Just got a tab in my portal that says "interview update form". I completed the form and another tab appeared titled "interview" and allowed me to select an interview date. Guess I just got an II! Secondary submitted 6/26 and was complete 7/7.

Finally found this page lol. I posted in the Carolinas thread but realized that this is the correct thread. Just got a tab in my portal that says "interview update form". I completed the form and another tab appeared titled "interview" and allowed me to select an interview date. Guess I just got an II! Secondary submitted 6/26 and was complete 7/7.
Ah so you’re one of the lucky ones 😂 I was complete 8/3 so I got a while before that, my number 1 is Louisiana also did you get an II for them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah so you’re one of the lucky ones 😂 I was complete 8/3 so I got a while before that, my number 1 is Louisiana also did you get an II for them?
I didn't get an official II yet... but my portal is allowing me to schedule the interview. Haven't received an email or phone call yet. Tried calling admissions but no answer...

Just emailed admissions, they said to hold off on scheduling until you receive the invitation via email as the dates aren’t finalized yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary submitted 7/13
II 8/12 !! I was called for the interview invite, but I missed the call and they left a voicemail, whoops. I called back immediately though.

Is anyone going to the interview on 8/30? I'd love to get in touch with other applicants interviewing on the same day ^-^

Secondary submitted 7/13
II 8/12 !! I was called for the interview invite, but I missed the call and they left a voicemail, whoops. I called back immediately though.

Is anyone going to the interview on 8/30? I'd love to get in touch with other applicants interviewing on the same day ^-^
I submitted 7/20!! hoping for some good news this coming week, congrats to you!

• Care
Secondary submitted 7/13

stats also by any chance?

Secondary submitted 7/13

Did you have the interview tab in your portal prior to the call? I’ve had it for a couple weeks and was told by admissions that I’d receive an email when to select a date. Still no email or call

Checking my portal, looks like 8/23 date is no longer available. Kind of bummed about that. Really hoping a call comes soon before the 8/30 date fills up. @NikkiTsuki were you offered in person or virtual or both?

I had originally scheduled my interview for 08/30, they called me Friday afternoon and told me that interview is in person. They said they would add dates in the future for virtual interviews.

I had originally scheduled my interview for 08/30, they called me Friday afternoon and told me that interview is in person. They said they would add dates in the future for virtual interviews.
After you scheduled did you receive any sort of confirmation or anything?

Checking my portal, looks like 8/23 date is no longer available. Kind of bummed about that. Really hoping a call comes soon before the 8/30 date fills up. @NikkiTsuki were you offered in person or virtual or both?
So I was only offered in person and they said 8/30, to which I immediately said "yes" to.

I did not check the portal beforehand, but I got an email confirmation shortly after the call.

So I was only offered in person and they said 8/30, to which I immediately said "yes" to.

I did not check the portal beforehand, but I got an email confirmation shortly after the call.
Stats by any chance?

Just curious, I selected the 9/1 date. Portal says it’s at VCOM Virginia campus in Blackburg. The agenda in my portal doesn’t mention location. The confirmation email states it’s for the Louisiana campus but doesn’t specifically state the location of the interview. Are you able to comment on what your portal says and what your confirmation email says? I’m definitely gonna call tomorrow and clarify as well

I still haven't submitted my secondary. If I don't have a very strong connection to the delta region, should I not pick Louisiana as my first choice campus?

Just curious, I selected the 9/1 date. Portal says it’s at VCOM Virginia campus in Blackburg. The agenda in my portal doesn’t mention location. The confirmation email states it’s for the Louisiana campus but doesn’t specifically state the location of the interview. Are you able to comment on what your portal says and what your confirmation email says? I’m definitely gonna call tomorrow and clarify as well
Just got an email back from VCOM- Louisiana saying that the Virginia message in the portal is an error on their part.

official II today. scheduled for 9/13. they offer both virtual and in-person interviews

Reactions: 1 users
Been complete since 8/04. Has anyone around that timeframe received an II, it seems as if they haven't sent out a lot of interviews

Just got the acceptance call!!!!! Interviewed on 9/1

Interview here 10/4. What's the interview style and any advice? Seems like the post-II acceptance rate here is high from what I've seen on old forums and their website.

Interview here 10/4. What's the interview style and any advice? Seems like the post-II acceptance rate here is high from what I've seen on old forums and their website.
Two traditional interviews. Each is about 30 minutes followed by a group activity that was a lot of fun. Very laid back.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted 9/12, interviewed 8/30! I'm so happy 😭😭😭

Does anyone have know what the post-II acceptance rate for monroe is. I didn't see anything on VCOM's website.