2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just found out that they offer interviews to everyone that qualifies there benchmarks regarding MCAT and GPA. They don’t even read your application (personal statement, etc) before giving an interview.
Really?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should be on the website.

"Applicants must have a minimum 2.7 science grade point average. Successful candidates typically have both science and overall grade point averages of 3.2 or above." --> Does that mean they interview everyone with >2.7 or >3.2 ?

All it says about MCAT is "A competitive MCAT score is in the 50 percentile or higher" --> from what I remember, 50th percentile is around 500?

Somehow I doubt it. I know a lot of low-stat people apply to LECOM but also there's gonna be thousands that meet those requirements. They couldn't interview all of them. Also, I got a pre-II R from bradenton, but an II from Elmira so idk

Reactions: 2 users
"Applicants must have a minimum 2.7 science grade point average. Successful candidates typically have both science and overall grade point averages of 3.2 or above." --> Does that mean they interview everyone with >2.7 or >3.2 ?

All it says about MCAT is "A competitive MCAT score is in the 50 percentile or higher" --> from what I remember, 50th percentile is around 500?
I got a 499 and I think it said 41st percentile. cGPA is 3.3-3.4 and I was still interviewed. who knows 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone who interviewed help me out? I have an II here and I had one from bradenton as well (already did the bradenton one). Did anyone else interview at both/know how similar they are?
Also, the Bradenton one also said we would only have 90 seconds to answer, but actually gave us 2 minutes to answer (plus the 30 seconds of thinking time).. do you know if thats the case here or if its actually only 90 seconds to answer each question?

nevermind: it is only 90 seconds

Last edited:
Same here except a 498 MCAT which is def below the 50th and I interviewed
I also interviewed with a 498 so I dont believe that above information is true regarding cutoffs after the interview. They wouldn't waste our time If that was the case

Does Lecom accept people with AIS scores? I haven’t heard anyone get in with an AIS this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When does waitlist movement start to take place?
I just called and the woman I spoke with said that while there isn't movement right now, it typically begins in March or towards the end of March/start of April. She also said that you could be accepted up until the first week of school, and the director of the program would most likely call you and that it would be wise to pick up lol. Not sure why they can't call and send an email but oh well

I just called and the woman I spoke with said that while there isn't movement right now, it typically begins in March or towards the end of March/start of April. She also said that you could be accepted up until the first week of school, and the director of the program would most likely call you and that it would be wise to pick up lol. Not sure why they can't call and send an email but oh well
As much as I appreciate the phones calls I get about 35 spam calls a day and would love it if there was also some sort of email communication as well 😭 not tryna mistake an IRS target gift card scheme with a med school Dean of admissions

Reactions: 2 users
If on waiting list-do you get a number assigned??

Anybody that attend the info session on 1/24 receive a portal update? My portal still says they will update me when a notification is made.

Anybody that attend the info session on 1/24 receive a portal update? My portal still says they will update me when a notification is made.

When did that change for you? Mine still says “Congratulations! You have been selected for an interview at LECOM Erie. You will be sent instructions by e-mail for scheduling the date on our portal.” My info session was on 2/7

When did that change for you? Mine still says “Congratulations! You have been selected for an interview at LECOM Erie. You will be sent instructions by e-mail for scheduling the date on our portal.” My info session was on 2/7
Mine says that as well, info session was on 1/17 🤷‍♀️

Mine changed to "We were pleased to meet you at your interview. We will contact you soon with a decision." on 2/15. Interview was `1/24.

I was one of the 1/24 interviewees. Mine still says "Congratulations! You have been selected for an interview at LECOM Erie. You will be sent instructions by e-mail for scheduling the date on our portal." as well. Any idea on if this is good or bad? Maybe they just haven't reviewed the video interview yet?

Has anyone who attended the info session on 1/11 and received a 30-day portal update received their decision in the mail yet? I got the 30-day update in my portal on 1/23 and am still waiting for a letter in my mail😭

Has anyone who attended the info session on 1/11 and received a 30-day portal update received their decision in the mail yet? I got the 30-day update in my portal on 1/23 and am still waiting for a letter in my mail😭

Info sesh 1/6...also received the 30-day portal update but still no letter. Might call the office tomorrow just to make sure nothing went wrong.

Can you share your observations from the on campus day? Anything stand out that you learned while there, or any feedback on the Erie area itself? Thanks!
The majority of the time was spent talking about the different campuses, pathways, and asking current students questions. Dr. Thomas took us on a tour of the med school building. I really liked that all of the med school is pretty much on one floor of the building. I liked that the campus is small and only 1.5 hours away from where I live. It would definitely be a huge adjustment if you went to a bigger campus for undergrad considering majority of the time you’ll be in one building. Dr. Thomas spoke very highly of his colleagues and I liked that all of the professors and administrators know all of the students. It seemed like a very close knit community. I didn’t spend much time exploring the city of Erie but there were lots of housing options throughout where I drove, a mall, lots of restaurants, and they briefly discussed the wellness center LECOM offers. I hope that answered your questions!

Reactions: 3 users
Trying to get hold of an admissions representative. Does anyone have a number for a rep at Erie?

(814) 866-6641 is the general number, I believe, and then you just have to ask to be transferred to DO Admissions

WL in the mail today. Info session on 1/18. Got the 30 day portal update maybe about 2 weeks ago? I wasn't the best about checking the portal or my mail if I'm being honest

Any admission updates from the interviewees that attended the 1/24 session? It seems the decisions are taking longer than usual!

Did any of the interviewees who attended the 1/10 session receive any updates from Admissions?

Hey everyone! Two very quick questions :)
1. Have any Canadian applicants received a secondary/interview invite at all this cycle?
2. Has anyone written them a letter of interest? If yes, did it help you get a secondary or interview invite?
Thanks!

Has anyone here that had an interview in October or even November still not heard back yet? Or is it just me?

Did you check your portal? what does it say?

It still says thank you for interviewing. I have literally called over five times so like once a month and they keep telling me next month for sure. I’m preparing to retake my mcat and it would suck to spend money on practice material and the test if they then accept me.

It's been over 30 days since the decision update in my portal, yet no letter. Sent an email asking for some sort of status regarding the decision letter 2 weeks ago - no response. Also called the office and left a voice mail 1 week ago - also no response. Luckily I have an A elsewhere, however I'm very frustrated with this school. Can't imagine how it would even be more frustrating for other applicants who may also be waiting with no feedback from the school. Ironic since the school prides itself on "professionalism."

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone from the 1/27 info session that chose Erie as their first choice heard back yet?