2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I see ngl I lost my letter and sent the other one back
it is so stupid that they want to only send a paper response and expect a paper response back in a week lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone elses portal have the checklist not fully checked off for certain things? For example not enough bio credits when you have the credits

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal just changed to a decision has been made and I should receive a letter in 14 days. Is the consensus on 14 days vs 30 days that 14 days is an acceptance? This is so cryptic.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew acceptance yesterday.

FWIW, admissions staff was unfailingly responsive and helpful throughout the admissions process, and so too was staff at the accepted students day. For that reason, and because PBL seems great, it's definitely not without regret.

Withdrew acceptance yesterday.

FWIW, admissions staff was unfailingly responsive and helpful throughout the admissions process, and so too was staff at the accepted students day. For that reason, and because PBL seems great, it's definitely not without regret.
I have to say, I am envious of how nicely they treated you. I have had a diametrically opposite experience with them. I interviewed back in late October and STILL haven't received a decision. They've avoided every single phone call and email I've sent to them over the past couple of months. The whole thing has honestly been so frustrating that I've about nearly given up on them.

Reactions: 2 users
Got a phone call about continued interest in LECOM, declined as I was about to withdraw anyways! WL 12/22

I have to say, I am envious of how nicely they treated you. I have had a diametrically opposite experience with them. I interviewed back in late October and STILL haven't received a decision. They've avoided every single phone call and email I've sent to them over the past couple of months. The whole thing has honestly been so frustrating that I've about nearly given up on them.
Same situation for me! This is ridiculous!

Same situation for me! This is ridiculous!

Totally understand and agree, and that has been my experience with several other schools. Have no idea why I got lucky in my interactions with people at LECOM; it does seem inconsistent with their reputation, which is why I thought it was worth mentioning.

I hope they get it together for you, and that you get a favorable decision, sooner rather than later!

Is getting a phone call about continued interest in LECOM means anything for wait-listed individuals?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone share what their admission email is? I am trying to withdraw from the alternate list but this email keeps bouncing back.Their website doesn't pop up as well
[email protected]

Got a call today asking about my continued interest in the Erie campus. Said yes, and was accepted off the WL for the PBL program.

Info session 2/24/23
WL on 5/9/23

Can someone share what their admission email is? I am trying to withdraw from the alternate list but this email keeps bouncing back.Their website doesn't pop up as well
[email protected]
I called them to let them know of my decision, they allowed a verbal statement

• Love
Got a call today asking about my continued interest in the Erie campus. Said yes, and was accepted off the WL for the PBL program.

Info session 2/24/23
WL on 5/9/23
Did you get the decision right away? Got the same call and said yes, they said you will receive a response within 14 days.

Had my info session on March 28th and haven’t heard back at all. They said the dean was reviewing it 2 or so weeks ago when I called. As people are getting accepted from the WL and AL now, should I consider it a lost cause?

Last edited:
Is getting a phone call about continued interest in LECOM means anything for wait-listed individuals?
I was waitlisted here last year and got this call about one month-ish before classes. Told me to start looking at housing, fill out financial aid, asked if I had anyone moving with me so they could send info on jobs in the area….just to never hear from them after that :)

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I got waitlisted in late April and accepted the spot via the paper form, but a few days ago they sent me an electronic form to confirm that I still wanted to be on the waitlist.. anyone else?

Did you get the decision right away? Got the same call and said yes, they said you will receive a response within 14 days.
I got accepted right after, after I said I was still interested in the school, she immediately offered me a seat in the class of 2027.

I just called them confirming my interest on the AL (1/3/23 interview, AL placement for PBL 1/17/23) and asked about movement, the admissions counselor confirmed the AL is ranked and they are given the go ahead to call and confirm applicant’s continued interest in the school in the ranked order on the alternate list. So if you have a received a call you are higher on the list than others.

I was waitlisted here last year and got this call about one month-ish before classes. Told me to start looking at housing, fill out financial aid, asked if I had anyone moving with me so they could send info on jobs in the area….just to never hear from them after that :)
same here, but in 2021

Just got accepted off erie waitlist can’t stop crying happy tears!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted off erie waitlist can’t stop crying happy tears!
Did you get a call before expressing continued interest on the waitlist? Has anyone else got a call from admissions who is on the waitlist confirming our interest and if we would pay the deposit? Not sure if this means we will get of the waitlist soon, don't want to be too optimistic either lol

Did you get a call before expressing continued interest on the waitlist? Has anyone else got a call from admissions who is on the waitlist confirming our interest and if we would pay the deposit? Not sure if this means we will get of the waitlist soon, don't want to be too optimistic either lol

I got the call and they offered it to me during that call.

Got accepted into my top choice for medical school! Will be withdrawing my seat from Erie campus, hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck to everyone

I got accepted yesterday morning of the AL! Will be withdrawing from another school to attend LECOM Erie and be closer to home

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many EAP students are accepted versus regular applicants? They seem pretty forward with their EAP program and there are a ton of schools that cooperate with that. So just wondering how many regular spots are really open to apply too?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many EAP students are accepted versus regular applicants? They seem pretty forward with their EAP program and there are a ton of schools that cooperate with that. So just wondering how many regular spots are really open to apply too?
Anecdotally at the SH campus I'd say there's a decent chunk of EAP kids. I don't think they need to be "accepted" once they are in the program and maintain a 3.4-3.5 GPA but someone feel free to correct.

I was just wondering how many total spots they have for EAP versus regular applicants. I mean they do cooperative EAP with tons of schools which have up to 5 spots per year. So would seem they literally could fill the school with EAP students if they wanted too. But, I know at the local college, they have 5 spots but so far only my daughter seems to be in that program.

I was wondering, do Lecom students do any clinicals at Hamot Hospital? I know there is a list of hospitals on the website but that is not on there. Are there other options for rotations besides the hospitals listed on the website?

Did anyone run into problems using AirPods during their asynchronous video? Just wondering as I'm planning to use mine