2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2/14 info session
portal not updated

Members don't see this ad.

i had my info session 1/3 and still have not hear back. anyone else from this time or earlier not hear back yet?

Reactions: 1 user
I was part of the 1/24 interviewing group. Just got back a 30 day notification when I checked the portal yesterday. No email.

From what I have read, that's likely an R. Anyone ever gotten an A or WL from a 30 day?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was part of the 1/24 interviewing group. Just got back a 30 day notification when I checked the portal yesterday. No email.

From what I have read, that's likely an R. Anyone ever gotten an A or WL from a 30 day?
I received a WL from a 30 day notification

I was from that interview group on that date and have no update on my portal yet /:

What day did your folder get updated?

I was looking for some advice on my current situation. I am at the point of the interview process at LECOM where I have to rank the different schools (Erie, Elmira, and Seton Hill). My most optimal location would be Erie because that is closer to me, but I am afraid choosing that as my #1 would limit me because LECOM Elmira is who reached out to me and offered me an interview. So, should I rank Elmira #1 for this reason and this will hopefully "boost" my chances of getting accepted? Or does it not matter who offered me the interview and I should just go with my truthful personal ranking.

Also, I was looking at statistics for the last cycle and saw that in-state applicants get accepted at higher rates than out-of-state applicants at LECOM. I live in Pennsylvania, so would it be better to rank Erie and Seton Hill ahead of Elmira because I would be considered in-state for both of these schools?

I am not sure if I am overthinking the process or not, but advice would be greatly appreciated!

Post interview R letter came today (more than 30 days after the 30-day notice). Not at all disappointed as I was very turned off during the info session. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 1 users
Post interview R letter came today (more than 30 days after the 30-day notice). Not at all disappointed as I was very turned off during the info session. Good luck to everyone still in the running!
Good luck for you with other schools. When was your info session?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does an invitation to campus mean anything, or they send it to everyone?

It's been almost 100 days since my info session where we were told decisions would be sent out by 90 days after, but I still have not received anything. The portal is also not showing anything either in terms of updates. Anyone else?

Got a phone call from the dean asking me if I am still interested, anyone else?

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! I haven't gotten an admission decision yet, which makes this a little weird...
There are a few schools that will make these calls (or send emails) before they sit down to an admissions committee meeting to look at their recent interviewees and WL members.
They want to offer spots from the WL to those who really want to attend, and if they know some of you are no longer interested it will also make their review list shorter.
I hope it means some more decisions for you WL guys soon !

Reactions: 1 users
Have an interview soon are there any tips? I know its more conversational and have answers in the back of my head to the basic questions

Does anyone know who I should reach out to with my update letter for LECOM for the seton hill campus?

I got the A today! Interviewed 2/15. 2nd cycle and my only acceptance words can’t describe the relief.

Reactions: 10 users
Is the Alternate list just another moniker for the waitlist for this school?

I am actually so frustrated with them... My info session was 2/17, and they said they would update our folder items within the week. I emailed them a week later...nothing...waited another 2 weeks and emailed again....nothing...then almost 4 weeks after my interview, I get an email back saying they are working on my materials and to please be on the look-out for any missing materials. I just checked again and there has been no updates.

Man, they are really fumbling here in terms of communication and just general organization...I just feel awful trying so hard in my applications and trying to be respectful and professional in all my interactions with admissions committees and they basically get a free pass because they know how much we want this...
My Info session was like 12/6 and I haven’t heard anything.

How much movement is there usually on the alternate list?

My portal got updated with the 14 days notice today. I got no emails from LECOM notifying me of their decision. Is that likely to be an R?

I interviewed on 2/14 but I just got a reminder email for that information session this morning has anyone had this happen?

I interviewed on 2/14 but I just got a reminder email for that information session this morning has anyone had this happen?
I had that too! Did you reschedule? I rescheduled my info session, and I got that email around the time my previous session would have been.