2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a reminder email about my recording, info session, and turning in my pathway form...but I did all that already. Should I just email back to confirm?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a reminder email about my recording, info session, and turning in my pathway form...but I did all that already. Should I just email back to confirm?
I got that also when I did mine, think it's automated

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my application. I applied with an AIS of 134. Given its so late in the cycle, is anyone still receiving interviews, let alone secondaries?

Yup, had me checking my phone fast af for nothing 😭
Lol same 😂
Are you still waiting on your decision from LECOM or have you already got your decision? I was just wondering if receiving this email about the MMS during the period when I am in my 30-day update automatically means that I am waitlisted/rejected from LECOM? 😭

Lol same 😂
Are you still waiting on your decision from LECOM or have you already got your decision? I was just wondering if receiving this email about the MMS during the period when I am in my 30-day update automatically means that I am waitlisted/rejected from LECOM? 😭
For Erie I have the message in my portal that they’ve made a decision and I should hear back within 30 days. Pre II. I’m also lowkey thinking the same thing haha 😭

Anyone else invited to interview have their portal saying that they haven't submitted proof of credits and MCAT scores?

Anyone else invited to interview have their portal saying that they haven't submitted proof of credits and MCAT scores?
Totally normal. Mine didn’t get marked off until a few days after info session. You’ll see a date appear next to each item when they mark it off.

Totally normal. Mine didn’t get marked off until a few days after info session. You’ll see a date appear next to each item when they mark it off.
That's a relief, thank you!

my portal just changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." and I have not interviewed yet. Does this pretty much mean rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got the 14 day update after interview, did it take more than 14 days for your letter cause mine has been over 3 weeks now and I am wondering if I should call them?

For those of you who got the 14 day update after interview, did it take more than 14 days for your letter cause mine has been over 3 weeks now and I am wondering if I should call them?
It went down to the wire. I would get in touch, especially if it's WL you need to submit your response ASAP

Just got 14 day notice notification on portal, info session was on 1/13. Anyone have any idea if they're still sending out A's or is it just WL/alternates at this point?

Does LECOM give scholarships to incoming first year students?

Is the consensus that the 14 day notification is more likely an A or WL rather than an R?

Info session was in late November and I still haven’t heard anything, should I be concerned?

If I’m WL at SH, could I still be in consideration at Erie or Elmira? Or are those two completely out of the picture now? Thanks so much guys.

If I’m WL at SH, could I still be in consideration at Erie or Elmira? Or are those two completely out of the picture now? Thanks so much guys.
My understanding is it's all together. You're considered for all 3 locations when you interview at any of them. Bradenton is the only one that has a separate interview process + decision.

I had my info session 10/11. I emailed on 12/29 for an update since I had no portal change. They stated a decision had been made on my application, and my letter would be sent out the following week. After 3 weeks of no portal change, I emailed again. No response. I called the following Monday, and was told to call back if I had no portal change by Friday. I call again a week later (after no change), only to find out that a decision had been made in OCTOBER, but the committee had LOST MY FILE. They created a new file and it went back under review 2 weeks ago, almost 4 months after I had initially interviewed. To say I am frustrated is an understatement. For a school that prides themselves on professionalism, I have experienced the opposite. If you are waiting on a decision, I suggest calling and making sure they didn't lose your file

Reactions: 2 users
I had my info session 10/11. I emailed on 12/29 for an update since I had no portal change. They stated a decision had been made on my application, and my letter would be sent out the following week. After 3 weeks of no portal change, I emailed again. No response. I called the following Monday, and was told to call back if I had no portal change by Friday. I call again a week later (after no change), only to find out that a decision had been made in OCTOBER, but the committee had LOST MY FILE. They created a new file and it went back under review 2 weeks ago, almost 4 months after I had initially interviewed. To say I am frustrated is an understatement. For a school that prides themselves on professionalism, I have experienced the opposite. If you are waiting on a decision, I suggest calling and making sure they didn't lose your file

Omg I hope this didn’t happen to mine! I had my info session Oct 18th! I have called over 5 times and they just keep saying next month it should change. Ahhh should I call again that would be the sixth time if I do.

Just withdrew my application. Hope my interview spot goes to anyone here waiting!

Omg I hope this didn’t happen to mine! I had my info session Oct 18th! I have called over 5 times and they just keep saying next month it should change. Ahhh should I call again that would be the sixth time if I do.
You could! I spoke with Ms. Sara Lada and she was very helpful and apologetic. I have her information if you want to message me!

Did anyone else receive an invite to LECOM’s on-campus visit? I just got an e-mail this morning that reads:

“Good morning: Thank you for recently attending the LECOM Erie informational session. We’d like to extend an invitation to visit our campus on Friday, February 24, 2023 from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. We know this is short notice – space is limited. We will be having more events in the future.”

I had my informational session on 1/27 but still awaiting results.

Did anyone else receive an invite to LECOM’s on-campus visit? I just got an e-mail this morning that reads:

“Good morning: Thank you for recently attending the LECOM Erie informational session. We’d like to extend an invitation to visit our campus on Friday, February 24, 2023 from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. We know this is short notice – space is limited. We will be having more events in the future.”

Yep! Interviewed on 2/7, also waiting for results. Anyone know if this is a good sign, or does this go out to all interviewees?

I didn't get this but I also had my info session on 1/27

Yep! Interviewed on 2/7, also waiting for results. Anyone know if this is a good sign, or does this go out to all interviewees?
I just e-mailed the director of student affairs to ask this exact question. I’ll keep you updated on what she says.

Reactions: 1 users
I just e-mailed the director of student affairs to ask this exact question. I’ll keep you updated on what she says.
Wait sorry I read it too fast and thought this was for Elmira! I had my info sess for Elmira on 1/27, not Erie which could be why I did not get the email haha

got a letter today but it only gives me 5 days to submit $1500 deposit? :oops:

Is it necessary to go to LECOM’s on-campus day? Do they take attendance? Does it impact your admission into the school? Coming from someone who lives in Hawaii.

Any current students on here that are in the PBL or DSP pathways? If so can I message you?

R in the mail from Erie today, info session on 1/13, 14-day notice on 2/10

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
My portal has not changed at all since I was offered an interview. Info session was on 1/17. Anyone else?

My portal has not changed at all since I was offered an interview. Info session was on 1/17. Anyone else?
Info session was the same day, only thing on my portal that updated after was on 1/25 my folder items (required letters and credits) were updated. Otherwise, no update.