2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! My info session is scheduled for next week and I still haven't received the link to complete my interview from Admit Video. Before I reach out to admissions just wanted to check when everyone else got theirs or how to access it.

I applied super late in the cycle. However, I have an interview -- Zoom Informational Session for 03/17/2023. I have to complete a video interview through Admit Video prior to my scheduled informational session. Has anyone done this and what should I expect for both of these?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it normal for the list of pre-reqs/LORs to still not show up in the portal 2 weeks after the info session? Did they say to reach out if that's the case?

Reactions: 1 user
A yesterday, interviewed early January. Needed a deposit by February 24th, but letter came yesterday. It’s a good thing I’ve been accepted elsewhere

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
A yesterday, interviewed early January. Needed a deposit by February 24th, but letter came yesterday. It’s a good thing I’ve been accepted elsewhere
Lol you have got to be kidding me. It is mind blowing how horrendously disorganized the entire process of admissions is for LECOM.

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Did they update your portal with the 14 day or 30 day decision prior to you receiving your A?

Just got an II - is it worth interviewing at this point in time?

Just got an II - is it worth interviewing at this point in time?
I don't think they would send you an interview if there was no chance of getting accepted or at the very least getting waitlisted. I would definitely go for it if it's a school you're excited about attending and if you would pick it over any other places you've been accepted to so far!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All!

For those who sent update letters post interview, what is the email address? Does LECOM accept updates? Haven’t heard back for almost two months and getting a little anxious.

II received yesterday. I will be withdrawing my application for another offer so I truly hope it goes for one of you guys. Best of luck and hope our paths cross one day!

Attended the information session today. I was moved up due to an opening. Going to complete the question part of the interview this weekend. For those that have interviewed already, do you remember the types of questions they ask during the interview? Just trying to get an idea of how specific or broad the 5 questions will be.

Attended the information session today. I was moved up due to an opening. Going to complete the question part of the interview this weekend. For those that have interviewed already, do you remember the types of questions they ask during the interview? Just trying to get an idea of how specific or broad the 5 questions will be.
The questions were pretty straightforward, nothing too challenging! Also, isn’t the video interview due before the info session? Not sure if that’s still the case tho since they moved your date up

The questions were pretty straightforward, nothing too challenging! Also, isn’t the video interview due before the info session? Not sure if that’s still the case tho since they moved your date up
This is technically the case but at my info session she said it *could* be done that afternoon. But I think they review it as first come first serve so it may be beneficial to do it early.

I interviewed back in December and was told we would receive a decision in 90 days and I still have not heard anything. Is anyone else in the same position?

I interviewed back in December and was told we would receive a decision in 90 days and I still have not heard anything. Is anyone else in the same position?
I interviewed in Jan and was told I would receive a decision within a month… im not sure why they are so behind

Still waiting for a letter after my portal said I'd receive one in 30 days time (it's been more than 30 days now)...tried emailing and calling multiple times yet no response. I understand a delay, but I would at least expect some transparency or communication about such a delay.

Yeah, they are allowing me to complete it after the info session because they gave me a day's notice for the switch.

My info day was 1/20 and I just got the email informing me of my decision. I was accepted but will be declining. I thought for sure it would be a WL or R due to taking so long. I didn't realize they were so far behind this year. Hopefully this means that everyone still waiting will hear back soon.

My info day was 1/20 and I just got the email informing me of my decision. I was accepted but will be declining. I thought for sure it would be a WL or R due to taking so long. I didn't realize they were so far behind this year. Hopefully this means that everyone still waiting will hear back soon.
What did your portal say …you’ll hear in 14 days or 30 days?
Thanks

Interview 1/4, 30 day notice, WL for SH, portal said WL, just checked today and now it says 14 day notice!

1/27 Info Session:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

Does it mean rejection? what are your thoughts?

1/27 Info Session:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

Does it mean rejection? what are your thoughts?
I had my session on 1/24 and haven't heard back :/ When did you submit your interview?

Has anyone had their status updated to “thank you for interviewing” but hasn’t had their folder items added? My initial info session was 3/17 but I got moved to 1/27.

Has anyone had their status updated to “thank you for interviewing” but hasn’t had their folder items added? My initial info session was 3/17 but I got moved to 1/27.

Yep! My info session was 2/7 and my portal changed to that 2 days ago. No clue what this means or if there will be a decision soon though

For those who had their info session on 1/10, has any of you received a decision yet?