You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Oregon Health and Sciences University
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
marissacoopersbody
New Member
No 🙁 Interviewed Sept 22 and have been on hold since Nov 22.Has anyone gotten a decision these past few weeks? I feel like its been really quiet. Might have to do with spring break and all the holidays.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ll join 🥲should we start a support group?
Excel sheet for hold status peeps? For updates. We can use our usernames here
Last edited:
I have a very similar timeline, really don’t want to have to move awayNo 🙁 Interviewed Sept 22 and have been on hold since Nov 22.
I just got my FA award offer today for anyone curious.
Congratulations! Hope it was a generous one!I just got my FA award offer today for anyone curious.
stressedlilbean
Full Member
My friend got hers too!I just got my FA award offer today for anyone curious.
rumplemint
Full Member
I've always wanted two left feet!!Ill bet my left foot that people will get off of hold this week
But honestly I hope you are right
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
The OHSU anatomy lab thanks you for your generous donationIll bet my left foot that people will get off of hold this week
It's very generous with loan offerings. I'm also OOS so that doesn't help much.Congratulations! Hope it was a generous one!

Towards Acceptance I REALLY hope. My life has been without direction lately. For one, my OOS apartment lease ends May 22. What to do…Ill bet my left foot that people will get off of hold this week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Manifesting this lmaoIll bet my left foot that people will get off of hold this week
I'm a non-trad current student and am happy to chat with you if you want to weigh some pros and cons. DM me if that would be helpful.Got an A today! Now what am I to do!?!? Move my whole fam or stay home. Oregon heritage here
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
Congratulations!!!! Also, so happy to hear that there is decision movement again.Got an A today! Now what am I to do!?!? Move my whole fam or stay home. Oregon heritage here
islandgyn
New Member
No hold!Were you on hold? Its important…
islandgyn
New Member
Thank you! I may take you up on that. Getting through the shock and adrenaline.I'm a non-trad current student and am happy to chat with you if you want to weigh some pros and cons. DM me if that would be helpful.
idfhg lajdhf aisdhf
Full Member
Hi Everyone,
I was accepted yesterday and I have a few general questions for current students/ others who have already been accepted.
1) Does anyone know how the scholarships work? in the interview, it seemed like they will basically reach out to you and let you know if you are awarded a scholarship based on your background and you don't have to apply to them. Or is there something I can start doing now to apply?
2) Are there any Facebook groups or forums for accepted students to discuss housing and roommate options? Also, for any current students, is there a consensus on the best place to look for housing that is particularly convenient/cheap for OHSU med students?
Thanks, and congrats to everyone with recent acceptances, and for everyone on hold don't give up!! This is my second time through the process and it requires far too much patience...
I was accepted yesterday and I have a few general questions for current students/ others who have already been accepted.
1) Does anyone know how the scholarships work? in the interview, it seemed like they will basically reach out to you and let you know if you are awarded a scholarship based on your background and you don't have to apply to them. Or is there something I can start doing now to apply?
2) Are there any Facebook groups or forums for accepted students to discuss housing and roommate options? Also, for any current students, is there a consensus on the best place to look for housing that is particularly convenient/cheap for OHSU med students?
Thanks, and congrats to everyone with recent acceptances, and for everyone on hold don't give up!! This is my second time through the process and it requires far too much patience...
Hi! Congrats! OHSU is awesome.Hi Everyone,
I was accepted yesterday and I have a few general questions for current students/ others who have already been accepted.
1) Does anyone know how the scholarships work? in the interview, it seemed like they will basically reach out to you and let you know if you are awarded a scholarship based on your background and you don't have to apply to them. Or is there something I can start doing now to apply?
2) Are there any Facebook groups or forums for accepted students to discuss housing and roommate options? Also, for any current students, is there a consensus on the best place to look for housing that is particularly convenient/cheap for OHSU med students?
Thanks, and congrats to everyone with recent acceptances, and for everyone on hold don't give up!! This is my second time through the process and it requires far too much patience...
1. Hopefully another current student can answer this with more authority but I believe you are right. If you qualify, they will reach out to you. You'll have opportunities to apply for other scholarships once you are a current student.
2. The student admissions liaison will reach out to you with the Facebook link sometime in the coming weeks. There is a spreadsheet that will be shared to help with housing and roommates. Most first-years tend to live around the South Waterfront, as it is convenient for getting to class every day. People tend to move to other parts of town after first year. I wouldn't call the South Waterfront cheap but it's definitely where most people end up at first. Look at the Matisse, Osprey, Emory, and Douglas.
Happy to answer any questions you have. Feel free to DM me. 🙂
Is next Friday the big day? Or is it in May?
premedcandidate
Full Member
I think all holds should hear back by April 28.Is next Friday the big day? Or is it in May?
premedcandidate
Full Member
I did not see anyone on hold get an A or R yet. There may be some movement tomorrow. Most decision this year have come out on Friday.
rumplemint
Full Member
I’m losing hope. I feel like I’m just going to get rejected at this point.
Let’s all hang in there. This is my only hold and potential A. 🙌🏻☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻I’m losing hope. I feel like I’m just going to get rejected at this point.
D
deleted1141799
Who needs a L foot anyway…
thatschemical13
New Member
I'm here with y'all. Interviewed 09/13 and hold on 12/09. It's been a long 7 months but I still have hope. 🙂 Kudos to us for waiting this long!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
Yeah it's been really hard not to panic. Trying to stay active and distracted has helped my mindset a lot.I’m losing hope. I feel like I’m just going to get rejected at this point.
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
Welp, just got put on hold. Interviewed week of 1/9.
Doesn't mean you won't get the A next week. Happens every year. Hold is really not a bad place to be.Welp, just got put on hold. Interviewed week of 1/9.
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
Thank you. I needed thatDoesn't mean you won't get the A next week. Happens every year. Hold is really not a bad place to be.
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
Why would the school rush though? If they just wait a few extra days, they will get a free left foot.It’s crazy that so far no one in the hold pool has posted about an acceptance. From last year’s thread at least a handful of people were accepted before the deadline.
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
... I'll go get the formalin.
lol apparently I got the R on 4/7 but they didnt bother to email me about it, check your portals people!!
Sorry to hear that 🙁lol apparently I got the R on 4/7 but they didnt bother to email me about it, check your portals people!!
Were you given a hold status or did they just never give you an email update post-ii?
no hold, just never heard back post iiSorry to hear that 🙁
Were you given a hold status or did they just never give you an email update post-ii?
D
deleted1161706
me, internally rn & for the last 5 months
wait, they're going out on Friday? i thought it was MondayDoes anyone know if notifications go out at a certain time on Friday?
I thought since the deadline is April 30th (which is Sunday) info would go out the Friday before - at least that’s what they’ve done in previous years, but I’m not surewait, they're going out on Friday? i thought it was Monday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ah i must have misread the earlier thread. there was this message from bigpremedguy a little while ago:I thought since the deadline is April 30th (which is Sunday) info would go out the Friday before - at least that’s what they’ve done in previous years, but I’m not sure
"Ya, should be Friday before. I think 30th was Saturday my year and I got my decision around 1130am that Friday, first with a portal update then an email notifying me of that update 20-30 mins later or so"
I interviewed in December, was put on hold in 3/17/2023, and was accepted 4/24/2023. I wish the rest of you luck. Thank you forum users and lurkers for helping keep me sane (sane-ish) throughout this process.
OMFG!!!!!
A!!!!
Freedom from hold purgatory
Interviewed last week August
Hold Thanksgiving!
Late Birthday gift!
Oregon here I come!!!!!
A!!!!
Freedom from hold purgatory
Interviewed last week August
Hold Thanksgiving!
Late Birthday gift!
Oregon here I come!!!!!
See, your patience paid off, grasshopper. Enjoy Oregon!OMFG!!!!!
A!!!!
Freedom from hold purgatory
Interviewed last week August
Hold Thanksgiving!
Late Birthday gift!
Oregon here I come!!!!!
Congrats!!OMFG!!!!!
A!!!!
Freedom from hold purgatory
Interviewed last week August
Hold Thanksgiving!
Late Birthday gift!
Oregon here I come!!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 543
- Views
- 156K
- Replies
- 730
- Views
- 223K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 172K
- Replies
- 444
- Views
- 108K