You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Oregon Health and Sciences University
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Your interview time?I got my acceptance recently.. feels so surreal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stressedlilbean
Full Member
Has anyone placed on hold gotten an acceptance yet? Going to be out of the country soon, so hoping to hear back soonish. Interviewed 12/5 and placed on hold on 3/3.
premedcandidate
Full Member
I don't think anyone on this channel reported getting pulled out of the hold pool yet.Has anyone placed on hold gotten an acceptance yet? Going to be out of the country soon, so hoping to hear back soonish. Interviewed 12/5 and placed on hold on 3/3.
premedcandidate
Full Member
Does anyone know how many acceptances have gone out so far?
HopePremed
New Member
Have any admitted students received a scholarship from OHSU that they didn’t have to apply for? It’s my understanding some scholarships are awarded directly to applicants based on their amcas and secondary app
Last edited:
D
deleted1141799
Hold is really starting to feel like purgatory
interviewed early february, no holdYour interview time?
That’s what everyone seems to be saying….If I interviewed in early January and have no update/hold status, should I assume "my interviewer has not met with the committee to discuss my application?"
Thanks, anyone with insight on how many acceptances have gone out, how many are left to extend, and where the threshold currently stands, please chime in! April 30 seems like a year away!That’s what everyone seems to be saying….
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
My best guess is that OHSU has sent out roughly 150 A's. Because AAMC rules say that by March 15, each MD program has to send out as many A's as the number of spots in the class. While that number is scary (especially if your interviewer has not been to committee yet ✌️), just remember that not all of the A's translate to matriculants.Thanks, anyone with insight on how many acceptances have gone out, how many are left to extend, and where the threshold currently stands, please chime in! April 30 seems like a year away!
Wow you are my hero @jj22901Withdrew my A today + Swindell family scholarship. Best of luck everyone, I wish you all the best, and hope you enjoy your time in Portland 🙂.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rockstar Lifestyle!!!Withdrew my A today + Swindell family scholarship. Best of luck everyone, I wish you all the best, and hope you enjoy your time in Portland 🙂.
Thank you for the insight, this makes sense.My best guess is that OHSU has sent out roughly 150 A's. Because AAMC rules say that by March 15, each MD program has to send out as many A's as the number of spots in the class. While that number is scary (especially if your interviewer has not been to committee yet ✌️), just remember that not all of the A's translate to matriculants.
Wow you are my hero @jj22901
Sad but still hopeful…. Is there WiFi and coffee in hold purgatory…(?)My best guess is that OHSU has sent out roughly 150 A's. Because AAMC rules say that by March 15, each MD program has to send out as many A's as the number of spots in the class. While that number is scary (especially if your interviewer has not been to committee yet ✌️), just remember that not all of the A's translate to matriculants.
Wow you are my hero @jj22901
stressedlilbean
Full Member
Enough wifi and coffee to constantly refresh the OHSU applicant page late into the early morning ;PSad but still hopeful…. Is there WiFi and coffee in hold purgatory…(?)
If you were to “endow” your A to me, why should I accept it and leave the hold purgatory?Withdrew my A today + Swindell family scholarship. Best of luck everyone, I wish you all the best, and hope you enjoy your time in Portland 🙂.
500 word max limit.
I got an email today, OHSU has given out less than 140 acceptance offers.
I know that seems like a lot, but it’s actually not and pretty good news for everyone on hold/not had their committee meet! Like said before they offer way more As than spots, and they haven’t even filled the 150 yet, PLUS the extra spots.
I remember last year someone who was already admitted told me they were at like 155 spots, and I thought it was over, but SOOO many people on SDN reported getting their acceptances AFTER that point.
I know that seems like a lot, but it’s actually not and pretty good news for everyone on hold/not had their committee meet! Like said before they offer way more As than spots, and they haven’t even filled the 150 yet, PLUS the extra spots.
I remember last year someone who was already admitted told me they were at like 155 spots, and I thought it was over, but SOOO many people on SDN reported getting their acceptances AFTER that point.
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
Thank you! Appreciate this.I got an email today, OHSU has given out less than 140 acceptance offers.
I know that seems like a lot, but it’s actually not and pretty good news for everyone on hold/not had their committee meet! Like said before they offer way more As than spots, and they haven’t even filled the 150 yet, PLUS the extra spots.
I remember last year someone who was already admitted told me they were at like 155 spots, and I thought it was over, but SOOO many people on SDN reported getting their acceptances AFTER that point.
Yes on their website they say they give out 230 or more:I got an email today, OHSU has given out less than 140 acceptance offers.
I know that seems like a lot, but it’s actually not and pretty good news for everyone on hold/not had their committee meet! Like said before they offer way more As than spots, and they haven’t even filled the 150 yet, PLUS the extra spots.
I remember last year someone who was already admitted told me they were at like 155 spots, and I thought it was over, but SOOO many people on SDN reported getting their acceptances AFTER that point.
Applicant snapshot
Total applications: 6,700+- 7% Oregonians
- 93% out of state
- Applicants interviewed: 570
- Applicants accepted: 230+
- Class size: Approx. 150
So there may be 90 or more A's that go out, just hoping to hear back soon
You’re a star!I got an email today, OHSU has given out less than 140 acceptance offers.
I know that seems like a lot, but it’s actually not and pretty good news for everyone on hold/not had their committee meet! Like said before they offer way more As than spots, and they haven’t even filled the 150 yet, PLUS the extra spots.
I remember last year someone who was already admitted told me they were at like 155 spots, and I thought it was over, but SOOO many people on SDN reported getting their acceptances AFTER that point.
I thought they had to send out as many As as there are seats by mid March..?I got an email today, OHSU has given out less than 140 acceptance offers.
I know that seems like a lot, but it’s actually not and pretty good news for everyone on hold/not had their committee meet! Like said before they offer way more As than spots, and they haven’t even filled the 150 yet, PLUS the extra spots.
I remember last year someone who was already admitted told me they were at like 155 spots, and I thought it was over, but SOOO many people on SDN reported getting their acceptances AFTER that point.
Serious congratulations to you and best wishes for your journey! Would it be alright if I messaged you about the Swindells Family Scholarship? I had a couple of questions about it. Thank you so much!Withdrew my A today + Swindell family scholarship. Best of luck everyone, I wish you all the best, and hope you enjoy your time in Portland 🙂.
Hello all! If we have received an acceptance, when should we expect to hear back with financial aid information?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The admissions liaison (a current student) will send you an invite at some point in the coming weeks. We're on spring break, though, so they're not likely to do that this week. They send the invites in batches, so just hang tight for a bit.Anyone know how accepted students can join the facebook page for class of 2027?
D
deleted1153753
Anyone know if they are receptive to updates/LOI? Interviewed in October, on hold since December.
Loan offers won't go out for at least another few weeks as the financial aid office has to wait until tuition for the coming year is finalized, which it has not been yet. Something you can do in the meantime though is fill out your FAFSA if you haven't already, as it will speed along the process later!Hello all! If we have received an acceptance, when should we expect to hear back with financial aid information?
Not super receptive - they're very clear that any update won't change your status. You're given a score at your committee meeting and that score is final.Anyone know if they are receptive to updates/LOI? Interviewed in October, on hold since December.
D
deleted1153753
Figured it wouldn't change much if anything. Just noticed on the portal that they discuss and break ties when creating the alternate list. I was hoping to maybe push the needle, if possible, given I have some substantial updates.Not super receptive - they're very clear that any update won't change your status. You're given a score at your committee meeting and that score is final.
stressedlilbean
Full Member
I have the same problem :/ got into a selective early program that starts late June and don't know if it's worth bugging OHSU about to have them make their decision faster. Still on holdFigured it wouldn't change much if anything. Just noticed on the portal that they discuss and break ties when creating the alternate list. I was hoping to maybe push the needle, if possible, given I have some substantial updates.
I think there’s a lot of you in the same boat. Last year I had an acceptance to a program starting in July and was stressed about it. I didn’t get a full acceptance until late may (alternate list). Unfortunately OHSU cannot and will not expedite your process because of that. As said before in this thread, once you have your interview all you can do is wait until the committee meets.I have the same problem :/ got into a selective early program that starts late June and don't know if it's worth bugging OHSU about to have them make their decision faster. Still on hold
As we say in the military, embracing the suck now... Life in limbo. Thanks for this.I think there’s a lot of you in the same boat. Last year I had an acceptance to a program starting in July and was stressed about it. I didn’t get a full acceptance until late may (alternate list). Unfortunately OHSU cannot and will not expedite your process because of that. As said before in this thread, once you have your interview all you can do is wait until the committee meets.
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
We made it to April! Proud of us all!
My birthmonth y’all! 😁 🎁 🎁
Cupcakeee78
Full Member
Anyone gotten their financial aid or a scholarship offer yet? Need that in order to make a decision, and was accepted months ago. Not sure if anyone else has heard back.
Hope you enjoy your time at your school! Any advice on getting the scholarship? I know it’s by invite only, so how did the scholarship interview go and what was the turnaround time?Withdrew my A today + Swindell family scholarship. Best of luck everyone, I wish you all the best, and hope you enjoy your time in Portland 🙂.
Soccergirl1987
Full Member
Anyone else interview 4-5 months ago and not get a single update yet (not even a hold). I know they didn't actually forget about me but just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat.
Yeah :/ interviewed mid Dec and nothing. I go back and forth between sanity and complete and utter despair and I only worry if the despair is any more than 30 seconds 4x/dayAnyone else interview 4-5 months ago and not get a single update yet (not even a hold). I know they didn't actually forget about me but just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rumplemint
Full Member
you've checked the portal right? they dont really email half the timeYeah :/ interviewed mid Dec and nothing. I go back and forth between sanity and complete and utter despair and I only worry if the despair is any more than 30 seconds 4x/day
rumplemint
Full Member
I know. Getting into OHSU would help me make a final decision and I want to vomit from the stress of double tuition, 28 hr move, and July 1st start date that I might have to do. I just want to stay in Oregon and not commit OOS debt and isolation 🙁Seems like this application year is going even slower than last year’s 🙁
Yeah, I know. I’m in a similar situation. It’s scary but I’m just telling myself everything happens for a reason 😅I know. Getting into OHSU would help me make a final decision and I want to vomit from the stress of double tuition, 28 hr move, and July 1st start date that I might have to do. I just want to stay in Oregon and not commit OOS debt and isolation 🙁
BlueJollyRancher
Full Member
Has anyone gotten a decision these past few weeks? I feel like its been really quiet. Might have to do with spring break and all the holidays.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 543
- Views
- 156K
- Replies
- 730
- Views
- 222K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 172K
- Replies
- 444
- Views
- 108K