2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

1656423738008.png

For this supplementary question, if I have never applied before to any medical school cycle, should I still explain why I am choosing to apply to DO schools? The prompt makes it sound like it only applies for previous applicants who only applied to allopathic schools.

View attachment 356663
For this supplementary question, if I have never applied before to any medical school cycle, should I still explain why I am choosing to apply to DO schools? The prompt makes it sound like it only applies for previous applicants who only applied to allopathic schools.
You got a secondary??

Members don't see this ad :)
hey! does anyone know how late in the cycle is too late for UNECOM? i’m aiming for around august.

As far as I know, there is no secondary, as all the secondary questions are included in the primary. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I know, there is no secondary, as all the secondary questions are included in the primary. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
you're right. they just send the secondary fee application via email and then choose to interview after.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone get any kind of communication from UNECOM after submitting the primary?

View attachment 356663
I didn't write anything it says "previously"

Just got an email that they received my app as well.

"Thank you for your interest in the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNE COM). The Office of Graduate Admissions has received your verified AACOMAS application for the entering class of 2023.

A preliminary review will take place against the published minimum standards for coursework, overall and science GPAs, credit hours, MCAT scores, degree, and prerequisite requirements.

Our application review process has multiple steps and we communicate via email regarding status updates and changes. All applicants will be notified of application status updates as soon as they are available.

Due to the high volume of applications being processed and reviewed, we are unable to answer individual emails and phone calls regarding application statuses. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Members don't see this ad :)
Fee payment email received just now

Reactions: 1 users
I also just received the $55 supplemental application fee email.

I had AACOMAS fee waiver so maybe that is why I have not received anything.

Just got an email that they received my app as well.

"Thank you for your interest in the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNE COM). The Office of Graduate Admissions has received your verified AACOMAS application for the entering class of 2023.

A preliminary review will take place against the published minimum standards for coursework, overall and science GPAs, credit hours, MCAT scores, degree, and prerequisite requirements.

Our application review process has multiple steps and we communicate via email regarding status updates and changes. All applicants will be notified of application status updates as soon as they are available.

Due to the high volume of applications being processed and reviewed, we are unable to answer individual emails and phone calls regarding application statuses. We appreciate your patience and understanding."
when did you submit the primary

Reactions: 1 user
still waiting for secondary payment email, received confirmation email they got my primary on the 18th. anyone know how long it takes?

still waiting for secondary payment email, received confirmation email they got my primary on the 18th. anyone know how long it takes?
same boat but got primary email confirmation on 7/4. not sure how long it takes..

received my secondary app fee at 4pm EST.

In the part that says
"A preliminary review of your AACOMAS application indicates that you have met the UNE COM minimum requirements for application. If there are conditions on your application, such as missing prerequisites or requirements, they are listed below:"

It said none for me.

Same nothing here yet either and I most definitely meet their minimums