2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
i did my primary and all the questions 2 weeks ago and submitted. after this are we done? the only communication i've gotten from them after this was that they "received my verified aacomas application and will do a preliminary review"

so is this it? no other fees or essays?

i did my primary and all the questions 2 weeks ago and submitted. after this are we done? the only communication i've gotten from them after this was that they "received my verified aacomas application and will do a preliminary review"

so is this it? no other fees or essays?

They will send you a link to pay for a secondary fee. It took about a month for me to get the secondary fee payment.

Okay this is just me being neurotic but on the question that's like " if you PREVIOUSLY only applied to allopathic schools why are you now applying to DO" we leave this blank or put N/A if this is our first time applying to both DO and MD right?

Okay this is just me being neurotic but on the question that's like " if you PREVIOUSLY only applied to allopathic schools why are you now applying to DO" we leave this blank or put N/A if this is our first time applying to both DO and MD right?

Correct!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone that submit primary mid July get one yet?

Submitted yesterday lol and probably won't get anything until Sept given how they r moving

Also, is it true that course pre reqs have to be completed by January 2023?

Woke up to a rejection because I was missing a course that I had planned to attend before January. Very frustrating, trying to contact admissions about it.

Do you guys know when UNECOM sends out interviews? I got the complete email on 8/10 so I’m assuming it’ll be a while for me if they decide to give me an II lol

Hi everyone! I’m an OMS-1 at UNECOM and wanted to hop on here and answer any questions anyone has about the school :) SDN was so helpful to me last year, trying to pass the baton

Reactions: 2 users
anyone still waiting for the email to pay lmfao

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I’m an OMS-1 at UNECOM and wanted to hop on here and answer any questions anyone has about the school :) SDN was so helpful to me last year, trying to pass the baton
Best thing you like and least?

Bruh they just emailed me an automated message to apply (I already did). PLEASE TAKE MY $$$$$ for the secondary fee 😭

Best thing you like and least?
There’s a LOT of both so it’s hard to pick one certain fav and least fav things. I like the people in my CBL group a lot, everyone is generally very nice and collaborative. UNECOM specifically fosters that kinda thing because it is a P/F (even tho there are honors and high pass too) curriculum and they don’t rank us. And there is no curving exams so you’re not competing against your classmates at any point. Least fav hmm there’s a LOT of mosquitoes on the campus because it’s right on the water and I swear I’ve gotten bit about 50 times. Also the testing is a BIT excessive but I personally like it because it holds me accountable for consistent studying

Reactions: 1 users

Can you talk about the clinical rotation sites as well as how the selection process works (lottery etc..). Thanks in advance.

Can you talk about the clinical rotation sites as well as how the selection process works (lottery etc..). Thanks in advance.
I don’t know anything about that bc I’m a first year and they don’t talk about that stuff to us. Would need to ask a 3rd or 4th year!

Is this school OOS friendly? Specifically from the southeast

Any mid July peeps waiting for secondary fee email? Assuming we will get it this week

Any mid July peeps waiting for secondary fee email? Assuming we will get it this week

Yes, i got their “primary app received” email on July 18. Hopefully this week we can pay!!

Is this school OOS friendly? Specifically from the southeast
Yes, but with a huge regional bias. I would say most of our class is from New England or surrounding states (New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, etc). I’ve met few people from other states but definitely not many. You still definitely have a chance if you’re from a southeastern state but maybe not the same chance as someone from, say, Massachusetts might have

anyone think theyd accept biochem lab as a substitute for organic chemistry lab?

I did NOT apply here but got this email from them. I am Florida and don't want to waste $$ applying here if they don't want Floridians .
Not sure how they got my info though.

We are honored that you have included the University of New England as part of your search for an outstanding post-graduate education.

For those pursuing a Osteopathic Medicine degree at UNE, the advantages are many: a reputation for excellence, a focus on research and collaboration, access to modern labs and innovative learning spaces, and a large network of successful alumni.

We invite you to apply and take the next step in your educational and professional journey

Yes, but with a huge regional bias. I would say most of our class is from New England or surrounding states (New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, etc). I’ve met few people from other states but definitely not many. You still definitely have a chance if you’re from a southeastern state but maybe not the same chance as someone from, say, Massachusetts might have
do you know anyone who got in from the midwest? IL here

Interviews start on 9/8 for anyone wondering! Usually will start sending invites a week or two in advance

good luck to everyone! I haven't received payment email yet :(

I think the class matriculation does not exactly correlate with the acceptances that go out. For example, for someone from the west coast with an acceptance to UNE COM, if they have other closer acceptances, they will possibly go the closer route. This is my speculation and have seen this in previous talks about "regional bias".

I think the class matriculation does not exactly correlate with the acceptances that go out. For example, for someone from the west coast with an acceptance to UNE COM, if they have other closer acceptances, they will possibly go the closer route. This is my speculation and have seen this in previous talks about "regional bias".
good point, i'll still submit my secondary here in that case

I’m a second year and a lot of people in our class are from the Midwest! Several from Minnesota, couple from Michigan, couple from Illinois, Ohio. There’s also California, Texas, Florida. I agree they have a regional bias but I think that’s decreased over the years and wouldn’t tell anyone not to apply because of it