2022 MGMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yannipapal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have the 2022 MGMA salary, comp and wRVU data for pulmonary/CCM? Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have the 2021.

Does it come out that early? We are still in 2022.

2022 survey (based on 2021 data) is out. There’s a new report every summer.
I see. I got the 2022 survey then.

Just shared it with 2 members that PM'ed me.

How well does MGMA help you when negotiating compensation?

How well does MGMA help you when negotiating compensation?
Not much but it can give you an idea of who is treating you even remotely fairly vs screwing you over completely.

If you find yourself looking at an offer and thinking “Is this a good offer? I have no idea what a good offer is” then you’re at high risk of being taken advantage of, and trust me Admin knows it.

Reactions: 1 users
Not much but it can give you an idea of who is treating you even remotely fairly vs screwing you over completely.

If you find yourself looking at an offer and thinking “Is this a good offer? I have no idea what a good offer is” then you’re at high risk of being taken advantage of, and trust me Admin knows it.
So should the 50th percentile be the reference range? Or will employers counter saying that private practice salaries are also factored into the data?

Someone posted this on an old thread a couple years ago (copy/paste):

Long-time lurker here. As an attending at a major academic medical center, I can provide some specific data. I did not interview
at all these places; much of this info is derived from experiences of colleagues a few years ago so I won't claim total accuracy.

Assistant Professor salaries (on clinical track) - note that research track positions will generally pay less
Minnesota - 240K
Mayo - 230-250K
Loyola - 250K
Rush - 250-300K
Michigan - 170K
Indiana - 240K
Ohio State - 240K
WashU (St. Louis) - 180K
Saint Louis University - 280K
Kansas - 300K
UT Southwestern - 250K
Penn - 180K
UCLA - 350-400K clinical track, $210 research track

If anyone wants to dispute or add to these, feel free.
As a general rule, I think, the 'top' places pay worse although there is definitely geographic variation.

I'd be willing to bet that these salaries have gone up anywhere from 30-60K on average since that post.
This information could be helpful if you're trying to work at an academic center. Not that they will negotiate with you, but at least you have an idea of whether or not you're getting totally lowballed.

Any way to counter that argument?
"I can go to private practice. I'm already taking a hit by considering the 50th percentile. Lower pay is simply not negotiable for me"

Now the question is will you have the guts to walk away if they also say no

Reactions: 3 users
Since MGMA gives "total compensation," is it a fair estimate to subtract 30% from the number given to get rid of the "benefits" portion and arrive at average salary?

Since MGMA gives "total compensation," is it a fair estimate to subtract 30% from the number given to get rid of the "benefits" portion and arrive at average salary?
You can google what MGMA defines as “total compensation” but the answer is no as far as I can tell. Total comp is salary + signing bonus + RVU/quality bonuses.

Total cash compensation. It doesn’t include benefits like health insurance etc.

CCCDE7AC-2490-48BF-9FFD-6B4F11B06850.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users