Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship 2021/2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At this point, I have 2 interviews. Is now considered late in the game? Its already end of August.
Probably about mid-game. All it takes is 1!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Whole lotta ERAS movement today lads and in all kinds of directions.

Reactions: 1 user
At this point, I have 2 interviews. Is now considered late in the game? Its already end of August.
Same here. I’m guessing it’s late already. We can make the best use of the 1-2 interviews we have and get the best outcome by impressing the panel and the program. Best wishes !

Members don't see this ad :)
Did people recieve rejections from UNC? Or did someone randomly clikc that box, again?

Did people recieve rejections from UNC? Or did someone randomly clikc that box, again?

I didn't. There are quite a few places where the rejection box is checked but I haven't received a rejection or an invite from.

did anyone received an interview from rush university today

I got rejection too.... Just was curious, if anyone got, what credentials are they looking for.

I got rejection too.... Just was curious, if anyone got, what credentials are they looking for.

I wouldn't take it personally...truly. They take four fellows a year, and if you go to their site, >90% are regional if not from their own program. It probably has nothing to do with your credentials.

Does anyone with Loma Linda 9/14 PM possibly be able to trade with me for 9/13 PM? Having hard time getting work covered.

I wouldn't take it personally...truly. They take four fellows a year, and if you go to their site, >90% are regional if not from their own program. It probably has nothing to do with your credentials.
agree, true, it's a regional friendly program. thank you for the support!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, anyone want to switch Bridgeport for another date? I'm scheduled to interview on 09/08 but would really appreciate it if I could interview on 09/07 instead! Thank you!

Hi has anyone heard back from UCSD, Emory or UPMC yet?

Has anyone applying to just CCM heard from Duke? Did they have a secondary or was that just for PulmCC?

If anyone want to join a whatsapp PCCM group, please DM me. It has 22 applicants so far .. 🍻

did anyone receive a Stony Brook GME inclusion and diversity email? what was the point of it? Neither interview invite or rejection...

Very weird email from Stony Brook GME inclusion and diversity? Have they sent IV invitations ? Are they sending this email to people who hasn't received IV invitations?

did anyone receive a Stony Brook GME inclusion and diversity email? what was the point of it? Neither interview invite or rejection...
I got that too and was so confused. Thank you for letting us know you approve of diversity lol

Is it worth it to send out emails stating my interest to programs that have historically offered people from my institution invites? I am at a loss as to why I would not have received these interviews (my application is better than those prior).

If a program has sent out rejections but you did not get one does this mean you’re on some sort of waiting list for future invites or dropped interview slots?

Has anyone heard from UPMC yet?? It looks like they may have sent rejections but no invites yet? Seems pretty late...

Reactions: 2 users
If a program has sent out rejections but you did not get one does this mean you’re on some sort of waiting list for future invites or dropped interview slots?
Anecdotally, basically

I have an interview @unlv PCCM on 9-14 and I would like to switch it for 9-21. If anyone wants the switch, please inbox me.

It's way, way too early to call it game over. Almost nobody has any interview invites at all. Less than 10% of programs have sent interviews to even their first choice candidates.
What are these non-Acgme fellowships please?

Hello, any one has information about the pulm/ crit Orlando health program ?

anyone interviewing at CCF know what the evening sessions that are 1.5hours are for? they're listed as interviews as well.

Did any one get an invite to UCSF in Fresno? The box is checked but no date on the google docs sheet.

Has anyone received an invite from UCSD? Its checked on the spreadsheet but just hoping for another wave of interviews if they did send a first already

@Doctor Bob In terms of CCM joining the match this year, do you think we can extrapolate from the PCCM match data in regards to how many interviews is safe/reassuring. Any thoughts on how many interviews/ranks we should be aiming for to have solid match probability? Does it change for EM applicants (should we be aiming for more)? It would seem somewhere in the 6 to 8 range gets into the 90+ percent likelihood of matching if going off the PCCM data. Greatly appreciate any insight you have!

This year seems very competitive , so far I have received only 2 Iv, applied almost 150 PCCM program and 40 CCM program(applied late July). This is my 3rd year as Hospitalist. Is any one in the same boat. I had 3 pubs / 7 poster in ATS / CHEST /ACP, scores are in 240s/240s/cs / 210s , all pass first attempt / US CITIZEN . I am very disappointed ☹️.
Any suggestions will be appreciated .

This year seems very competitive , so far I have received only 2 Iv, applied almost 150 PCCM program and 40 CCM program(applied late July). This is my 3rd year as Hospitalist. Is any one in the same boat. I had 3 pubs / 7 poster in ATS / CHEST /ACP, scores are in 240s/240s/cs / 210s , all pass first attempt / US CITIZEN . I am very disappointed ☹️.
There's a chance you are being filtered out. The PD (of heme-onc, but may apply to PCCM) at my home program said that last year, due to increased applications, they filtered out anyone who had been out of residency for more than one year. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is being done this year.

I'm in a similar place as you. I also have 2 invites so far. From what I heard PCCM doesn't look down on do hospitalist for a few years prior to applying but I'm not sure. It may just be the volume of applicants this year.

Has anyone gotten an interview from UK?

Have people heard back from alot of the New york and new jersey programs?

@Doctor Bob In terms of CCM joining the match this year, do you think we can extrapolate from the PCCM match data in regards to how many interviews is safe/reassuring. Any thoughts on how many interviews/ranks we should be aiming for to have solid match probability? Does it change for EM applicants (should we be aiming for more)? It would seem somewhere in the 6 to 8 range gets into the 90+ percent likelihood of matching if going off the PCCM data. Greatly appreciate any insight you have!

No clue. With it being the first year there's no historical data to draw from. The PCCM match didn't include all of the people who pre-matched into CCM so that data doesn't help much.
It's tough to figure for EM people also. There are going to be people on my rank list who are IM trained, and really only want PCCM but interview with me as a backup. The EM people can't compete for the PCCM spots so when I rank them I know I'm only competing against other CCM programs.
And then it's all virtual again so people can go on as many interviews as they want so they tend to accept them all.
I'll have better information next year.

Also keep in mind that "Graduate of US Medical School" is a pre-built filter in ERAS. Whether a program chooses to use it or not is up to them but that may also decrease your visibility to programs.
(with that said, I'm making the assumption that you aren't a US med school graduate... if you are, then the hospitalist years are probably affecting you more)

Hi, did anyone get an interview at Rochester General Hospital.
The Eras message did not have a reply button, so I’m confused how to get in touch with them.

Tried emailing the coordinators email on the website but no response so far

Has anyone heard from UPMC yet?? It looks like they may have sent rejections but no invites yet? Seems pretty late...
Still nothing on my end. Do we know if any invites have gone out?! It feels super late in comparison to others and I am debating emailing the PD to express genuine interest

I had several friends tell me they received several interviews well into late September last year. I am not sure if that is due to the adjusted timeline they had, but it is worth mentioning.

Hi everyone,
NON US IMG- need H1b
Applied to 70 programs for PCCM
4 posters and 2 oral presentation at CHEST/ ATS
8 pubs

2 interviews so far.
I received many emails saying that I won't be able to get an interview due to H1b, however I am willing to change my visa status to J1 as well.
Anyone who's requiring H1b has had same issues?

Thank you!

Does anyone have any info on Orlando Regional PCCM. Someone wrote 30 interviews for one spot. Is that true ?
Has anyone heard from the University of Florida Shands ?

I had several friends tell me they received several interviews well into late September last year. I am not sure if that is due to the adjusted timeline they had, but it is worth mentioning.
I got 3 interview today. 1 PCCM AND 2 from pulmonary. So I think still more interview might come.

Reactions: 1 users