2022 NHSC Scholarship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did any of you guys get a hard inquiry from dept of education as well on CK?
Im only seeing the hard inquiry from NHSC on 6/20. I wonder if the Dept of education one is for student loans

Members don't see this ad.

Im only seeing the hard inquiry from NHSC on 6/20. I wonder if the Dept of education one is for student loans
it probably is since i got my fin aid recently and accepted.
did you borrow loans as well? just curious!
i don't wanna have an unnecessary hard inquiry on my account that could potentially risk my credit numbers o_O

GRAD PLUS loans for graduate students require a credit history with no derogatory remarks as well. Can confirm that dept of education is that and not NHSC. I have seen them check my credit basically since 2017 when I started my MS. Plus I didn’t get NHSC last year and Dept of education was on my credit report last summer too from loans. This years NHSC check was new.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
it probably is since i got my fin aid recently and accepted.
did you borrow loans as well? just curious!
i don't wanna have an unnecessary hard inquiry on my account that could potentially risk my credit numbers o_O
I did! Its interesting, though, that I didnt see a credit check from dept of education even though I filed independently. I know Chase notified me that the hard inquiry from NHSC didnt negatively affect my score

Damn yo, July almost over. 72 more days until this cycle is officially over.

~2 months. ~10 weeks. ~70 days.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: 1 user
Still no credit check, 2nd time re-applicant with disadvantaged status.

Still no credit check, 2nd time re-applicant with disadvantaged status.

1st time applicant but also disadvantaged and i only have a check from the department of education. i only have credit karma (got it after the checks would’ve happened) so i’m wondering if that is the issue.

Reactions: 1 users
1st time applicant but also disadvantaged and i only have a check from the department of education. i only have credit karma (got it after the checks would’ve happened) so i’m wondering if that is the issue.

update: just signed up for experian and saw the NHSC inquiry. if you don’t have an experian account make one and then see if you have a hidden inquiry. this is the first time i’ve been able to see the NHSC one.

Reactions: 7 users
update: just signed up for experian and saw the NHSC inquiry. if you don’t have an experian account make one and then see if you have a hidden inquiry. this is the first time i’ve been able to see the NHSC one.

The same also happened to me! Nothing on Credit Karma besides US Education loan checks, signed up for Experian and saw an inquiry from NHSC from June 2022! Thank you for this. Would have never thought to get an Experian account. Not sure why it didn’t show on Credit Karma though?

The same also happened to me! Nothing on Credit Karma besides US Education loan checks, signed up for Experian and saw an inquiry from NHSC from June 2022! Thank you for this. Would have never thought to get an Experian account. Not sure why it didn’t show on Credit Karma though?

yeah i’m not sure why it did that! just glad that we all got credit checks though haha. i was worried.

Those that got credit checks already, when did you submit your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Those that got credit checks already, when did you submit your application?

I submitted mine the week it was due. I want to say about 3 or 2 days before the deadline! Had to wait on a rec letter to come in to submit.

Just went onto the portal to check my status and saw that the website is down for updates. I read on a previous thread that when this happened last year they sent out finalists shortly after. Good luck everyone!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Just went onto the portal to check my status and saw that the website is down for updates. I read on a previous thread that when this happened last year they sent out finalists shortly after. Good luck everyone!!
*anxiety has entered the chat*

• Care
Reactions: 5 users

let’s hope so! i’d like to get over the anxiety early if possible haha

i went on to check but it still logged in for mine :oops:

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you curious about a rough timeline of when we should be hearing back from them, I was lurking through last years forum and found this helpful post!

View attachment 356727
Btw, this screenshot is a summary of the 2019, not 2021 timeline! it was originally posted in August 2020 by a person summarizing the 2019 timeline.
Looking through the 2021 thread, they got their
-credit check ~6/14 (I got my credit check 6/20 this year in comparison)
-site maintenance 7/19
-first finalist notifications 8/9

Previous Finalist Notifications that someone posted in the 2021 thread (did not check for accuracy)
-2020 (year of the pandemic): Wednesday, August 19
-2019: Tuesday, August 6
-2018: Wednesday, August 8
-2017: Friday, August 4
-2016: Wednesday, July 27
-2015: Tuesday, July 21

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Btw, this screenshot is a summary of the 2020, not 2021 timeline!
Looking through the 2021 thread, they got -their
-credit check ~6/14 (I got my credit check 6/20 this year in comparison)
-site maintenance 7/19
-first finalist notifications 8/9

Previous Finalist Notifications that someone posted in the 2021 thread (did not check for accuracy)
-2020 (year of the pandemic): Wednesday, August 19
-2019: Tuesday, August 6
-2018: Wednesday, August 8
-2017: Friday, August 4
-2016: Wednesday, July 27
-2015: Tuesday, July 21

From this, are there typically many rounds of sending out finalists emails?

Will we get an notified thru email about being a finalist or will we need to check the site to find out?
according to 2021 thread, a message will both appear on the portal and be sent to our emails
what the portal will say: "'Your application has been identified as a possible recipient for a 2021 NHSC Scholarship Program (NHSC SP) award. This is not a guarantee of an award. At this time, it is required you complete the following steps by 8/14/2021'... Status : Finalist for Award"
what the email will say: "NHSC SP Application Update [ACTION REQUIRED] email -... Your overall Application Status is: Finalist for Award,"

according to 2021 thread, a message will both appear on the portal and be sent to our emails
what the portal will say: "'Your application has been identified as a possible recipient for a 2021 NHSC Scholarship Program (NHSC SP) award. This is not a guarantee of an award. At this time, it is required you complete the following steps by 8/14/2021'... Status : Finalist for Award"
what the email will say: "NHSC SP Application Update [ACTION REQUIRED] email -... Your overall Application Status is: Finalist for Award,"
Thanks for this info! Can someone please give a brief clarification of the “not guaranteed of an award” statement ? For example, is it because you were late to confirm that you want to receive the award and so they dismissed your finalist spot?

Thanks for this info! Can someone please give a brief clarification of the “not guaranteed of an award” statement ? For example, is it because you were late to confirm that you want to receive the award and so they dismissed your finalist spot?
from what I understand, it's just a disclaimer to say that not all finalists will receive the scholarship. I think it's a BS statement though because I personally haven't heard of a finalist not receiving the scholarship. I assume after finalists have been chosen they quickly look over applications again to make sure there aren't any red flags, which there likely won't be if you were chosen to be a finalist in the first place.
and of course, yes, you must confirm you want the award and complete whatever next steps they require in order to receive the scholarship too

Reactions: 6 users
Got a good feeling results are coming out late next week

Reactions: 7 users
anyone know if I have Bank of America, how I can check if I received a credit check?? Stressssing out about this scholarship!!

anyone know if I have Bank of America, how I can check if I received a credit check?? Stressssing out about this scholarship!!
I had to create an Experian account (it's free) to see the NHSC credit check. It didn't show up on CreditKarma for me, but it was on Experian, 06/20/2022.

Last year the finalist were notified after the site went down. Site is scheduled for maintenance tomorrow

• Wow
Last year the finalist were notified after the site went down. Site is scheduled for maintenance tomorrow

Last year they sent out finalist emails on August 9th, I believe!

• Wow
Last year they sent out finalist emails on August 9th, I believe!
Which was a Monday, fingers crossed that we hear something on Monday which is, August 8! 🤞🏾

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
i’m so anxious lmao. i’m ready to at least have news.

do you apply for this the summer before you start dental school in the fall? or an entire year before

do you apply for this the summer before you start dental school in the fall? or an entire year before

it opens in the spring. you can apply any year of school but if you want coverage for the first year you need to apply before you start.