You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
brazzimamma
Full Member
Last year the first II on here was reported on 9/20When do interviews starts?
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Status on portal changed to “Preliminary Review assigned”. Had to check portal to see it - anyone know what this means? Was someone just assigned to look at my application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status on portal changed to “Preliminary Review assigned”. Had to check portal to see it - anyone know what this means? Was someone just assigned to look at my application?
We’re you complete early?
Mine says the same. I was complete on 8/6.We’re you complete early?
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
We’re you complete early?
complete 7/24
complete 7/24
Mine says admissions screening in progress. complete 7/24 so I’m not sure what is next [emoji88]
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Mine says admissions screening in progress. complete 7/24 so I’m not sure what is next [emoji88]
yeah thats what mine said last time i checked it. not sure when it changed since i hadnt checked my portal in over a week
Mine said admissions screening completed and then recently changed to preliminary review assigned. So I think no.is it a soft R if it says that "Admissions screening completed"?
blueberrypup
New Member
II received. IS, primary verified 7/6. secondary received 7/20. complete 8/6
Congrats! LM?II received. IS, primary verified 7/6. secondary received 7/20. complete 8/6
blueberrypup
New Member
77Congrats! LM?
Does anyone know whether the interviews are traditional or MMI? I seem to be finding conflicting information between the AAMC Interview Procedures document and the information they included in their email.
a friend of mine interviewed here last year, it was mmi formatDoes anyone know whether the interviews are traditional or MMI? I seem to be finding conflicting information between the AAMC Interview Procedures document and the information they included in their email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Portal status updated to “Preliminary Review Completed”, no II yet
Portal status updated to “Preliminary Review Completed”, no II yet
I’m still on “Admissions screening in progress” does anyone know if that means I got screened out?
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
IS II received ! complete 7/23, LM 71.8
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Anyone have any insight regarding the one-way interview? Didn’t know this was a thing
Is anyone familiar with how an asynchronous interview like this works? I clicked the link and watched the introduction video. It seemed like if I clicked continue, the recording/time would start, and I'd have to record my responses then and there. I just wanted to check if we are meant to have time to look at and prepare for the questions before recording our responses or if we are supposed to answer them as they are given to us, like in a live interview.
To those who got an interview- how long did it take to go from "admissions screening completed" to the II 😳
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
To those who got an interview- how long did it take to go from "admissions screening completed" to the II 😳
my II was 1 day after i noticed “screening completed”
Should I be concerned if my application still says screening in progress? I became complete 7/25
I see. yeah I just checked mine today (haven't been checking it at all) and it said that so hopefully good news comesmy II was 1 day after i noticed “screening completed”
khaleesi1234
New Member
For everyone that got interviews, congrats. For the one way interview, you are not allowed retakes or to see the question before hand. It’s similar to Casper, and you have 3 minuets to think of an answer. Just wanted to share this because I was stressed about it too. Best of luck.
nolesfan459
Full Member
Does anyone know if my secondary application will not be looked at all at until I take the Casper exam?
Does anyone know if CASPer is required for this school? It is listed as an option of Acuity, but no mention from FAU if it is recommended, optional, or required.
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Does anyone know if CASPer is required for this school? It is listed as an option of Acuity, but no mention from FAU if it is recommended, optional, or required.
I believe it’s required
Remember to use the Casper/SJT forum for resources or help, even with MMI practice. There are also many articles and pinned posts on MMI.
D
deleted1149414
OOS II received 9/19, complete 7/24, LM 73 - I received interview invite with the schedule. There is an hour block for the interview. Is this when the MMI takes place or is that done later (asynchronous)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
OOS II received 9/19, complete 7/24, LM 73 - I received interview invite with the schedule. There is an hour block for the interview. Is this when the MMI takes place or is that done later (asynchronous)?
I completed my MMI asynchronous before the interview day, then day of, they’ll go over the schedule for the day in the morning, but interview will be behavioral style questions
FloridaMDPremed
New Member
Hey there, IS II received 9/14, and completed 7/25. I'm just wondering, from the current emails and the example schedule I received, I see no information mentioning or regarding the asynchronous MMI. When did you guys receive access/instructions on how to complete this portion of the interview process?I completed my MMI asynchronous before the interview day, then day of, they’ll go over the schedule for the day in the morning, but interview will be behavioral style questions
brazzimamma
Full Member
When were you complete if you dont mind?IS II received yesterday but there is no time slot to choose from, did anyone experience that?
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Hey there, IS II received 9/14, and completed 7/25. I'm just wondering, from the current emails and the example schedule I received, I see no information mentioning or regarding the asynchronous MMI. When did you guys receive access/instructions on how to complete this portion of the interview process?
I received the email with instructions for asynchronous MMI the day after I scheduled my interview
thegazette
Full Member
hey yall, does anyone know the phone number i can call to speak with admissions with the school? ive been trying to email the office to schedule an interview but to no avail :/
IS II received today, LM 74
scarletblaze
Full Member
Does anyone know what "Admissions screening completed" means? I noticed this on Friday (09/29) but I am not sure how long it said that
mine been like that for a minute nglDoes anyone know what "Admissions screening completed" means? I noticed this on Friday (09/29) but I am not sure how long it said that
LM and completion date 😳OOS II received today
brazzimamma
Full Member
Seems like they are pretty much going in order. Has anyone who was complete in August get a II yet?+ II yesterday. complete 7/26.
II on 9/14. Complete 8/6.Seems like they are pretty much going in order. Has anyone who was complete in August get a II yet?
completed on same day the secondary was sent, a couple of friends have IIs but they are high mcat pplII on 9/14. Complete 8/6.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 8/7.LM and completion date 😳
TheGamblerOfFates
New Member
I was complete with my application received 8/31 and still haven't received an II, do we know how long they'll be sending out II's till?
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Just checked my portal and my status was changed to “admissions committee review complete”, interviewed on 9/18, hoping for that A next week[emoji1693]
brazzimamma
Full Member
when were you complete?+1 admissions committee review complete
What admissions committee review complete mean? Does anyone know when our decisions will come out? I interviewed back before mid-September...