You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mine went from "admissions screening completed" to "preliminary review assigned". No idea what this means
I’ve been at assigned for weeks now
bananaking123
Full Member
Also got 'preliminary review completed'
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a 'preliminary review completed' now. Is this a good sign or does everybody get this?
Everyone gets it it’s part of the process. After this it’s the II or the rejection.
bananaking123
Full Member
do they actually notify you of rejection right away, or wait to end of cycle/ghost?Everyone gets it it’s part of the process. After this it’s the II or the rejection.
TuberculosisGirlboss
Full Member
II today (9/20)! It's my first one and I'm very happy rn, secondary submitted on 08/27, OOS but I'm from FL and went to FAU for undergrad! If anyone else has already interviewed, I'd love to hear how it went
bananaking123
Full Member
Do you know how long your portal showed as 'preliminary review complete' before you received your interview?II today (9/20)! It's my first one and I'm very happy rn, secondary submitted on 08/27, OOS but I'm from FL and went to FAU for undergrad! If anyone else has already interviewed, I'd love to hear how it went
TuberculosisGirlboss
Full Member
If I remember correctly, it stayed at "preliminary review complete" for at least the past 2 weeks before I got the invite.Do you know how long your portal showed as 'preliminary review complete' before you received your interview?
has anyone gotten a pre-II R or been on “preliminary review completed” for more than a month or so? trying to gauge when I should expect to hear back.
Hey guys. I retook my MCAT on 9/9/ and supposed to be receiving score by 10/11. Do you guys think it's too late to apply this late in the cycle?
showkayaker
Full Member
Hi! Did anyone get a complete email from them following secondary submission?
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
IS II received 9/23, Complete 8/17. I was on preliminary review assigned for like 6 days and I never got preliminary review complete like most people weirdly enough.
also wondering! I'm assuming no, it's been over a month for meHi! Did anyone get a complete email from them following secondary submission?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CompletelyTired
Full Member
II earlier this week. Complete 08/15
bananaking123
Full Member
Do you know how long you were on 'preliminary review complete' before the invite?II earlier this week. Complete 08/15
CompletelyTired
Full Member
No I don’t know, I never checked my portalDo you know how long you were on 'preliminary review complete' before the invite?
Interviewed a few weeks back said we’d hear back this MondayFor those who had their interview, did you hear back?
ricksthedr
Full Member
do they accept pre-interview letters of interest?
I wouldn’t recommend doing that even if they do. Your secondary is your letter of interest. If you have significant updates though you could slide a note about your continued interest into an update letter.do they accept pre-interview letters of interest?
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
I've heard they dont consider updates or letters unless you've already done an interviewdo they accept pre-interview letters of interest?
They do allow updates pre-II thoughI've heard they dont consider updates or letters unless you've already done an interview
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
They do but I heard that they don't look at/consider them unless you did your interview, again I could be wrong just what I've heardThey do allow updates pre-II though
did you hear back from them?Interviewed a few weeks back said we’d hear back this Monday
They said it would be after 2 PMdid you hear back from them?
Anyone hear anything yet? They said it would be after 2 PM EST but so far nothing changed on the portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the A! Oranjas chinese hack completed!
nothing changed on my portal yet, but Monica just called & I got the A!!! wishing everyone the best!!!Anyone hear anything yet? They said it would be after 2 PM EST but so far nothing changed on the portal.
Just got the acceptance! Still deciding whether this would be my top choice among the other schools that I interviewed at. I wonder what Motor GP would do?
Congrats! Not sure what to do either, gonna talk to motor gp and figure some stuff out. Best of luck and congrats again! Herbert is next!Just got the acceptance! Still deciding whether this would be my top choice among the other schools that I interviewed at. I wonder what Motor GP would do?
Nvm just got the acceptance call even though nothing changed on the portal!
I wonder the same!Anyone getting an update that isn't an A? Still haven't heard anything
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
Half the class every year comes from waitlist according to all the med students I talk toDo you know how they treat the waitlist? do people even come off the waitlist for this school?
Accepted! Got the call at around 1:30 CST and email at 3:30 CST
Is it normal that they ask you to make a decision by October 31st??? I haven't received any other offers yet and am still interviewing.
Same here. My acceptance email says that I have to make a decision by October 31st thoughWait is there a deadline for accepting/rejecting an acceptance from FAU? I thought we had until April...
quaranteened_gator
Full Member
To my understanding, that's just for them to hold you a spot during this whole application cycle. It's not binding/commit to enroll, it's just saving you a seat. I think you have to pay a deposit but I think it's also refundable. Regardless, it's not binding at this point (someone with more knowledge please correct me if I'm wrong though lol)Same here. My acceptance email says that I have to make a decision by October 31st though
agua.connoisseur
Full Member
A just now- over the moon!!!!!
TuberculosisGirlboss
Full Member
Congrats!!! Can I ask what date you interviewed?A just now- over the moon!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
agua.connoisseur
Full Member
Congrats!!! Can I ask what date you interviewed?
Second week of October!
Last edited:
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
A today! LM 70, ORM, complete 8/17, interviewed first week of October, instate and attended FAU for undergrad.
ricksthedr
Full Member
II today!! complete mid august! first md invite[emoji3059]
Did u portal status change?II today!! complete mid august! first md invite[emoji3059]