2022-2023 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I received an II for FAU. For those who have interviewed, are they doing MMI interviews with one traditional style interview? Do you know how they do it virtually? Are you one on one with a professor and switch virtual rooms? or are you all together and type out your answers? Do you respond vocally?
 
Last edited:
I received an II for FAU. For those who have interviewed, are they doing MMI interviews with one traditional style interview? Do you know how they do it virtually? Are you one on one with a professor and switch virtual rooms? or are you all together and type out your answers? Do you respond vocally?
After writing this I received an email with instructions lol nvm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would anyone who has interviewed at FAU this season care to share their interview experience? Curious to know it's traditional MMI (like 8-10 stations with different scenarios) or if it's a traditional interview. Thank you much in advance 🙂
 
does anyone know when the best time to send an intent letter? i’ve seen that waitlist movement doesn’t happen till about may so is it to early to send?
 
Does anybody know roughly when the Interview Day ends? The emails all say that it starts at 9am with a lunch with students from 12-12:45. I have a meeting at 3pm on the same day and am unsure if I will be able to make it. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and I was checking my portal and it says "Admissions Committee Scheduled." Before this, it just said that my interview was scheduled.

Does anyone know what this means? Does it just me that they are going over my app now?

They told us that we'd hear back by 2/10 latest so idk.
 
I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and I was checking my portal and it says "Admissions Committee Scheduled." Before this, it just said that my interview was scheduled.

Does anyone know what this means? Does it just me that they are going over my app now?

They told us that we'd hear back by 2/10 latest so idk.
It pretty much means that the admission's committee will review your full app, vote, and make a decision!
 
I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and I was checking my portal and it says "Admissions Committee Scheduled." Before this, it just said that my interview was scheduled.

Does anyone know what this means? Does it just me that they are going over my app now?

They told us that we'd hear back by 2/10 latest so idk.
It's going to say admissions committee scheduled then it'll say admissions committee complete, and shortly after (like 2/10) you'll get a call if you got in or an email if you were waitlisted or rejected
 
Has anyone sent an email to Monica or admissions and received a reply? I didn’t get a response from either of them for over two weeks now
 
just got an II around ~2:30PM EST... not sure if this is a fluke since there are no available dates to select an interview.

OOS, complete sometime in July?

anyone else?
 
just got an II around ~2:30PM EST... not sure if this is a fluke since there are no available dates to select an interview.

OOS, complete sometime in July?

anyone else?

+1 complete mid august; got mine at around 9:30pst and the only date open was 2/7. I emailed admissions and they opened up 2/21 for me—might be worth asking!
 
Hi guys. I just got an interview invite and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight into what the MMI looks like. The SDN interview page seems to have all traditional questions. I'm wondering if they also ask traditional interview questions, hypothetical behavioral questions, or 'tell me a time when' type questions. Sorry if this is asking too specifically.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys. I just got an interview invite and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight into what the MMI looks like. The SDN interview page seems to have all traditional questions. I'm wondering if they also ask traditional interview questions, hypothetical behavioral questions, or 'tell me a time when' type questions. Sorry if this is asking too specifically.

i don’t think we can say tooooo much but MMI is almost always scenario based questions. MMI Interview: The Ultimate Guide (150 Sample Questions Included) — Shemmassian Academic Consulting i used this prep and it was 10/10 helpful