2023-2024 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't remember if they had a designated amount of time set aside for you to think about an answer during my MMI last year but I do know that in an MMI the interviewer wants to hear your thought process so I basically spoke as thoughts came to mind and said things such as "I recognize this is a really challenging situation- if this was the case then I think it's appropriate to do XYZ, but it's also important to take into consideration family wishes etc. but at the end of the day my job as a physician is to educate and care for my pt so this is what I would do short term w/ long term goals being XYZ".
Thank you for your detailed response! Are you expected to talk about each question for ~6-8 minutes?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! Is it OK to pull in personal experiences to help shape your answer?
The focus should be on your analysis and decision-making, but for MMI's, yes it's fine to pull from personal experiences as long as it is relevant to your answer.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my II. Received II in early September. Hope it goes to someone. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Very dumb question but does anyone know the dress code for social hour/second look?

Very dumb question but does anyone know the dress code for social hour/second look?
Casual, you're in already, this your chance to get to know current students,faculty, and your future colleagues.

Reactions: 1 users
Does PNWU have class ranking that shows up on the transcript? Or some form of ranking system? And to my understanding, the curriculum is pass/no-pass for all 4 years, right?

This is what the email I got when I got waitlisted said

"In early May, applicants remaining on the wait list will be reviewed and the top 30 will be ranked and notified by email. If you would like to be removed from the wait list, so that another applicant may take advantage of the opportunity, please notify Enrollment Services."

I've been sending updates, letter of rec, and plan to send my letter of intent after I attend the Second Look event for accepted/waitlisted students. I think from last year's threads people found out in May what their rank on the waitlist was

since there's no dress code, I'm assuming we dress casual for the second look event?

Does anyone know about entrance into the DO program from the MAMS program? Like will you have to fill out another AACOMAS application for next cycle or could you get out of doing that again?

Does anyone know about entrance into the DO program from the MAMS program? Like will you have to fill out another AACOMAS application for next cycle or could you get out of doing that again?
My friend said that she did have to do an AACOMAS application but submitted it in November, not June when the application first opens. This is because the school wanted to look over performance in SCIFOM etc. In June, you wouldn't have even started in MAMS yet.

Anyone:
  • know if the incoming class is full yet?
  • know if there are people dropping?
  • hear back anything recently (March/April)?
  • aware of their boards pass rates?