2022-2023 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PNWU-COM Supplemental Essay

Supplemental Essay:
Write a one-page essay and save it in pdf.

Prompt: Describe personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school that focuses on addressing rural and/or medically underserved populations and diversity, equity, and inclusion in health care.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received secondaries from here? I checked last year’s thread and they seemed to roll out around this time.

@PapaGuava

Supplemental Essay: Write a one-page essay and save it in pdf.

Prompt: Describe personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school that focuses on addressing rural and/or medically underserved populations and diversity, equity, and inclusion in health care.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How extensive is the screening for this school? For example, I know that only 25% of applicants that apply to WCUCOM even receive secondaries. Curious to know if this school is similar.

How extensive is the screening for this school? For example, I know that only 25% of applicants that apply to WCUCOM even receive secondaries. Curious to know if this school is similar.
Really, 25% for William Carey? Suppose they get 3k applications, that leaves 750 for secondaries. Don't schools send like 750 invites.

Really, 25% for William Carey? Suppose they get 3k applications, that leaves 750 for secondaries. Don't schools send like 750 invites.
I don't know the exact breakdown, but that seems to be what former students are saying.

also would like to know this

Found it on their fast facts, it hovers between 50-60% of applicants that receive a secondary

Reactions: 3 users
Just making sure, but does 1-page means single or double-spaced?

I typed mine double-spaced and 12 pt font.

Due to the spacing, I wasn’t able to discuss everything I would like to but single-spaced looked too dense for a one-page essay.

for those who submitted, after payment did it take you to a username log in page? i just wanted to make sure that i submitted everything correctly. i know the email said they will email us within 1 business day for confirmation

did you guys include the prompt at the top of the PDF?

for those who submitted, after payment did it take you to a username log in page? i just wanted to make sure that i submitted everything correctly. i know the email said they will email us within 1 business day for confirmation

Yep

yes

anyone else receive email with "account credentials" this afternoon? just an FYI I submitted my secondary on 7/22

For those who have received their account credentials, did you find a way to select your letters of recommendation? It’s under the “My Tasks” tab.

Or is that processing something they do themselves?

For those who have received their account credentials, did you find a way to select your letters of recommendation? It’s under the “My Tasks” tab.

Or is that processing something they do themselves?
same question, no instructions so I'm assuming they'll pull from primary?

same question, no instructions so I'm assuming they'll pull from primary?

That’s what I was thinking too. I spent some time on the portal and couldn’t find an option to input my letter writers’ names.

That’s what I was thinking too. I spent some time on the portal and couldn’t find an option to input my letter writers’ names.
just found this off the email with my credentials.

If you are a new applicant – we are glad you are eager to complete your file, and we will work on them as quickly as possible and access the letters of recommendation submitted with your primary application. We will email you if your application is incomplete or we need clarification on any piece of your application.