2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those who have already interviewed, do you have any advice? Is it a blind interview? Is it laid back and straight forward or more of a curve ball interview with intense questions? thanks in advance!
Pretty straight forward and not as stressful. Prepare basic questions like why DO, why RVUCOM, professionalism, re-read everything in primary and secondary application, it will be fine. The interviewers definitely have read your whole profile other than grades and scores. By the way, I think they somehow selected interviewers specifically for each interviewees. In my case, one of the interviewer was from my state of residency, the other interviewer had tremendous experiences in the city where I spent my undergraduate years and was able to call out details about the culture in that region very well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty straight forward and not as stressful. Prepare basic questions like why DO, why RVUCOM, professionalism, re-read everything in primary and secondary application, it will be fine. The interviewers definitely have read your whole profile other than grades and scores. By the way, I think they somehow selected interviewers specifically for each interviewees. In my case, one of the interviewer was from my state of residency, the other interviewer had tremendous experiences in the city where I spent my undergraduate years and was able to call out details about the culture in that region very well.
I think they match based on common interests as well! One of my interviewers and i had something very specific in common

I think they match based on common interests as well! One of my interviewers and i had something very specific in common
Oh great! thank you for responding and providing that context! Is it an MMI format? or did you have more than one person interview you at the same time?

Members don't see this ad :)
It is 2 on 1, so there will be two adcom members interviewing you for 45 minutes. In my case it was a lot of discussion on my application and experiences with maybe 2 or 3 MMI style questions.

Oh great! thank you for responding and providing that context! Is it an MMI format? or did you have more than one person interview you at the same
It is 2 on 1, so there will be two adcom members interviewing you for 45 minutes. In my case it was a lot of discussion on my application and experiences with maybe 2 or 3 MMI style questions
Yes I agree!
In my case, they asked two questions on my primary application which weirdly took like 20 minutes, followed by 1 MMI question. One more thing I forgot to mention: prepare at least 3 GOOD questions for them, the only thing I thought I could do better was asking questions that require interviewers a moderate amount of time to answer. I ran out of questions for them after two questions and we ended up trying to fill the awkward time gap before closure with discussion about seafood near Denver. One of my interviewers was like "come on, you gotta have more questions!", spoken in a non-offensive way but did make me feel a little worried after the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I agree!
In my case, they asked two questions on my primary application which weirdly took like 20 minutes, followed by 1 MMI question. One more thing I forgot to mention: prepare at least 3 GOOD questions for them, the only thing I thought I could do better was asking questions that require interviewers a moderate amount of time to answer. I ran out of questions for them after two questions and we ended up trying to fill the awkward time gap before closure with discussion about seafood near Denver. One of my interviewers was like "come on, you gotta have more questions!", spoken in a non-offensive way but did make me feel a little worried after the interview.
Oh yeah! I think they allotted like 10 minutes at the end for you to ask questions so try and think of some thoughtful ones :)

Got the A call about an hour ago! Interviewed 10/13

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Is there a current student at RVU that can answer these questions?
1. Are there set rotation locations for the core rotations?
2. Has there been any concerns or troubles with clinical rotation sites and quality with the increased class size?
3. How are the research opportunities?
4. Are there mentorship programs with an academic faculty, physician, and/or upper classmates?
5. Do they give us free or stipends for board prep resources? (ex: Amboss, Sketchy)

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: 3 users
Did everyone sign the electronic waiver before interviewing? I'm not seeing it on my portal

hey guys i got an oos-II the other day and was wondering if you guys have any tips on prepping for this interview?

hey guys i got an oos-II the other day and was wondering if you guys have any tips on prepping for this interview?
Hi! I would say definitely think about the general questions every school asks: Why Osteopathic Medicine (not using verbiage from the cliché answers you see online), why RVUCOM, and bring some questions to ask them. This is an amazing school, just really hone in on that and be honest about why you want to go to school here. What about it made you want to apply and take this interview! And review some MMI styled interview questions on ethics and such.

Hi! Is there a current student at RVU that can answer these questions?
1. Are there set rotation locations for the core rotations?
2. Has there been any concerns or troubles with clinical rotation sites and quality with the increased class size?
3. How are the research opportunities?
4. Are there mentorship programs with an academic faculty, physician, and/or upper classmates?
5. Do they give us free or stipends for board prep resources? (ex: Amboss, Sketchy)

Thank you in advance!
I was curious about the same things, I hope someone answers soon😌

Just got the email that my app has been reviewed and is under consideration for an interview! Submitted secondary on 9/6.

Is the RVUCOM interview invite the same as MCOM. It will show on the portal?

I believe it would count as a pre-II hold. Haven't received an interview yet, but they're basically telling me that my app has just been finished being reviewed and that I'm in the running for an interview. It sounds like they send IIs in waves and not as they review apps from the verbage of the email.

I believe it would count as a pre-II hold. Haven't received an interview yet, but they're basically telling me that my app has just been finished being reviewed and that I'm in the running for an interview. It sounds like they send IIs in waves and not as they review apps from the verbage of the email.
I got my II a couple days after this email

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the email that I'm "under consideration for an interview" too! Yay :) I'm OOS with family in Parker

Just got the email that my app has been reviewed and is under consideration for an interview! Submitted secondary on 9/6.
I got this email today. wondering how long it will take to send the interview invitation.

Does anyone know how frequent the rolling ii occur? I got that email as well today.

It isn't an II just an email letting us know that our files have been reviewed I'm pretty sure.

sent secondary in early September and its been past the 60 days... any insight if you haven't heard in their ~day timeline?

I was told that the portal stays incomplete until they accept, waitlist or deny?

The supplemental application portion of my portal looks the exact same with the only difference being there's now an interview tab at the top. But the whole "what's next" portion of the secondary is the same even after receiving an II!

Just got put on the "Accepted Pending Seat" (APS) status as of 11/20, interviewed 11/2. They sent this via email. Does anyone know the likelihood of matriculating for the 2024 class?

I also just got put on the "Accepted Pending Seat" status, interviewed 11/7

• Care
Just got put on the "Accepted Pending Seat" (APS) status as of 11/20, interviewed 11/2. They sent this via email. Does anyone know the likelihood of matriculating for the 2024 class?
Is this like a waitlist? I don't know the likelihood, but I'm sure there is a lot of movement in the upcoming months with people having to make decisions and put down deposits! Wishing you the best.

Side note - this has me freaking out because I interviewed 10/26 and haven't heard anything back yet..