You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Missouri - Columbia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sushi cinammon roll
Full Member
How did you decide on Mizzou Med? What's your overall experience so far?Hi all! Current M1 at mizzou! Feel free to ask any questions if you want to!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
laceratedfish
New Member
Anyone know what happens after an interview? In state II completed early Jan. Are some people going to be accepted this Friday? Or do the remainder of all acceptances go out March? Ty!
I assume we'll all get an update Friday or early next week. I believe most acceptances go out in early March though.Anyone know what happens after an interview? In state II completed early Jan. Are some people going to be accepted this Friday? Or do the remainder of all acceptances go out March? Ty!
Declined my interview spot. Hope it goes to one of you. Best of luck!
YourFellowTraveller
New Member
Does anyone happen to know what percent of interviewees get accepted? How many of waitlist? No biggie if not, just wondered
premedxdxdxd
Full Member
They interview 400 and the class size is 128 and the waitlist is 128!Does anyone happen to know what percent of interviewees get accepted? How many of waitlist? No biggie if not, just wondered
Any decisions today?
.
Last edited:
Any updates or acceptances today?
mrwonderful0
Full Member
I’m thinking they might let us know on Thursday, given that this last week of January extends into Wednesday and they may still be doing interviews this week.Any updates or acceptances today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Status unchanged, interviewed mid January
Uhhh is that actually true? I don't think so...+1. It’s a soft rejection at this point. 🙂
From what they said on interview day, they only accept 12-15 per month, so assuming that's true they've only extended ~45 acceptances so far. Last year they ended up extending almost 200 acceptances in total with almost 70 coming from the waitlist. I think we can assume then that they've only given out about 25% of their acceptances so far. We should find out by mid-March where we officially stand
Mike Rowave
Full Member
OOS A, interviewed late November. I will be turning down the acceptance, hopefully it goes to one of you! This was by far my worst interview experience, one of the interviewers kept cutting me off and talking down to me. It left a very bad impression of the school.
premedxdxdxd
Full Member
In state A!
I also had a similar experience -- I think the interviewers are dramatically variable, like one of the M4s on the student panel mentioned how in one of his interviews they spent the majority of the time talking about the Cardinals season and that was certainly not the vibe I got from either of my interviewers. My student interview felt like a stress test tbh, and my faculty interviewer seemed so bored and uninterested.
However, the student panel was probably the best out of all of my interviews minus maybe WashU. They had a lot to say about class culture and general happiness, and they seemed pretty candid about some of the negatives. They definitely saved the interview day imo
However, the student panel was probably the best out of all of my interviews minus maybe WashU. They had a lot to say about class culture and general happiness, and they seemed pretty candid about some of the negatives. They definitely saved the interview day imo
Your first sentence is not true. Mizzou waits to give out like 80% of acceptances until March. Try to be more optimistic.Mizzou often drags out applications till the very end and rejects them. Good luck to you guys but I’m think it’s a soft R for me.
I will have to respectfully disagree, I think there are two (three if you include being placed on alternate list) clear results that can happen in March, which what you mentioned can either be an acceptance or rejection. I think you're just trying to prepare for the worst case scenario which is always good but don't try to automatically assume this is a "soft R" or close off the possibility that you can always end up accepted in March after having status unchanged for some time now.There’s a lot of acceptances but also a lot of rejections in March. In fact 99% of post II rejections happen in March because Mizzou typically never rejects right after interview. It’s not about being optimistic, it’s about being real so we can consider our other options.
The sound of it is that a large wave of waitlist applicants will still be accepted later in the cycle. No one is getting soft rejected at this point.
A family member of mine just got accepted today, she also had a REALLY rough interview. One common strategy in these interviews it to MAKE the applicant uncomfortable. They want to see how you react to someone that is rude or putting pressure on you. This is not always a sign an interview went well or poorly because it going poorly can be by design. Do not read too much into it.
Lots of acceptances will still go out for Mizzou this year.
A family member of mine just got accepted today, she also had a REALLY rough interview. One common strategy in these interviews it to MAKE the applicant uncomfortable. They want to see how you react to someone that is rude or putting pressure on you. This is not always a sign an interview went well or poorly because it going poorly can be by design. Do not read too much into it.
Lots of acceptances will still go out for Mizzou this year.
premedxdxdxd
Full Member
Is there a groupme for accepted students?
sushi cinammon roll
Full Member
I don't know about the groupme, someone could probably make one, but there's a facebook groupIs there a groupme for accepted students?
Usually there’s student ambassadors from the M1/M2 class who make a Facebook page for y’all 🙂Is there a groupme for accepted students?
YourFellowTraveller
New Member
I believe I have found a facebook group but it is only visible, I am unsure of how to join. I am new to facebook so are these types of groups things you have to be invited into?Usually there’s student ambassadors from the M1/M2 class who make a Facebook page for y’all 🙂
do we think they will update March 1st which is a Friday, or all the way out to Mid-March?
...good question, in previous years it seemed to be the first Friday but this year they started interviews later than usual so idk if that would affect anything. Ofc their emails have said they'd be finished by early March so I would think either the 1st or 8thdo we think they will update March 1st which is a Friday, or all the way out to Mid-March?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anxiouspremed99
Full Member
do we think they will update March 1st which is a Friday, or all the way out to Mid-March?
I recently interviewed and they said we should have final decisions by March 8th. thats the end of their cycle except for the Alternative List
YourFellowTraveller
New Member
Does anyone fully understand the AMCAS choose your medical school tool? I understand that it is ultimately to ensure that people get decisions in a timely manner but in regard to the February 20th opening - if I have been accepted to MU but am an alternate at other institutions, but I select plan to enroll for MU (the other institution is not informed until the April 30th deadline), right?
does anyone think we will get an update on Friday? and then final decisions the next Friday, or just radio silent until one big reveal on March 8th?
I assumed there wouldn’t be a march update just one big decision day. I’m curious how many As are going out whenever the day isdoes anyone think we will get an update on Friday? and then final decisions the next Friday, or just radio silent until one big reveal on March 8th?
On interview day I remember them saying 12-15 calls would go out every month, and since interviews started in November that's only like 45 acceptances. With a few people already dropping their acceptance, I'd think up to like ~80 might get the call next weekI assumed there wouldn’t be a march update just one big decision day. I’m curious how many As are going out whenever the day is
Anyone else? Still haven't heard anything. Not sure if that's bad or not lol.Accepted ! Email received today!
mrwonderful0
Full Member
No nothing at all. good luckAnyone else? Still haven't heard anything. Not sure if that's bad or not lol.
Novemberwhen did you interview?
YourFellowTraveller
New Member
I would say it’s probably slightly less just because Mizzou has pre admittance programs (Bryant Scholars). I do not know how many that is exactly but I’d guess probably 10-20 people so maybe 60-70 hear back? Idk exactly how many people it though - so we will seeOn interview day I remember them saying 12-15 calls would go out every month, and since interviews started in November that's only like 45 acceptances. With a few people already dropping their acceptance, I'd think up to like ~80 might get the call next week
did you get a call as well, or just an e-mail? and congrats! Maybe tomorrow they will release some more As?November
Just the email. Thanks! Hope you guys hear back soon too.did you get a call as well, or just an e-mail? and congrats! Maybe tomorrow they will release some more As?
anyone else get the A today or an update? so far radio silence here.... I would not even be thinking about it if not for Busy11pk bringing home the big prize! 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
substancepee123
Full Member
anyone else get the A today or an update? so far radio silence here.... I would not even be thinking about it if not for Busy11pk bringing home the big prize! 😉
+1 on nothing for me. I’m still a believer in the March 8 release [emoji23]
It's like fishing: no fish are biting for all of us and one angler reels in a trophy while we sit watching in disbelief! 😆
substancepee123
Full Member
It's like fishing: no fish are biting for all of us and one angler reels in a trophy while we sit watching in disbelief! 😆
Omg such a perfect analogy
Tension is building... we are now under one week to the big reveal
D
deleted1178478
Ugh - should not have gotten on here this morning. Congrats on the Acceptance, but the radio silence is killing me. The only thing keeping me sane was the idea that I wouldn’t hear anything until Friday. Guess I’ll just be a ball of nerves all week 😵💫😵💫